Current time: 14/06/2024, 23:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Businesses going bust
RE: Businesses going bust
(21/03/2013 13:09)moreton407 Wrote:  Is HMV, Mersey Rtail Park, Speke still open?

It was on Sunday, can't be sure about now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Theres more charity shops these days in high streets than othwe ahops which kinda spoils it abit

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/
Some good news for the high street today: HMV has been rescued. The even better news locally is that the Southport and Speke stores, earmarked for closure, have been saved from the chop.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22040237

I believe the camera chain Jessops was also reinstated recently by Peter Jones of Dragon's Den fame.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(05/04/2013 12:17)507009 Wrote:  Some good news for the high street today: HMV has been rescued. The even better news locally is that the Southport and Speke stores, earmarked for closure, have been saved from the chop.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22040237

I believe the camera chain Jessops was also reinstated recently by Peter Jones of Dragon's Den fame.

I had heard that HMV was going to be saved a while back but the story just seemed to go a bit cold , so never thought anything else about it , thinking that the deal had just simply fallen through.
Modelzone have gone into admin

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/
(27/06/2013 13:26)james solomon Wrote:  Modelzone have gone into admin

Thats not good will the shop in st johns be at risk? hope they can be rescued.
There is two times of the year most businesses will go under usually in retail , that is end of January and end of June , usually because most rental properties have rent review and renewals at around this time.

This is when there financial model is found to be either a success or a failure.

The retail enviroment will when it comes out the other side be a lot leaner and carrying a lot less fat than it did maybe 5 years ago when the hard times started .

One big change has been the online shopping activity where you can buy from the comfort of your aermchair .
(28/06/2013 07:00)wirralbus Wrote:  There is two times of the year most businesses will go under usually in retail , that is end of January and end of June , usually because most rental properties have rent review and renewals at around this time.

This is when there financial model is found to be either a success or a failure.

The retail enviroment will when it comes out the other side be a lot leaner and carrying a lot less fat than it did maybe 5 years ago when the hard times started .

One big change has been the online shopping activity where you can buy from the comfort of your aermchair .

Most commercial leases have rent due on quarter days, with upward ONLY rent reviews bi-annually, although there are a few with annual upward reviews still around.

on- line shopping is great If you have access to the Internet and a credit card that is. Many low income families do not, but they are not most retailers target market, so they have to make do with Poundland, Iceland and tumbleweed infested decaying town centres - seen old Runcorn recently?
(28/06/2013 11:39)DVL418 Wrote:  
(28/06/2013 07:00)wirralbus Wrote:  There is two times of the year most businesses will go under usually in retail , that is end of January and end of June , usually because most rental properties have rent review and renewals at around this time.

Most commercial leases have rent due on quarter days, with upward ONLY rent reviews bi-annually, although there are a few with annual upward reviews still around.

on- line shopping is great If you have access to the Internet and a credit card that is. Many low income families do not, but they are not most retailers target market, so they have to make do with Poundland, Iceland and tumbleweed infested decaying town centres - seen old Runcorn recently?

Poor families or not - the majority still have internet access and an electronic means of payment. A debit card, or PayPal/Direct Debit linked bank account is generally sufficient.

The government are planning to close job centres in the not too distant future with benefit claimants managing their claim online. "Universal Jobmatch" and "Universal Credit" are examples of how this is being developed.

Even assuming some people don't have a ASDL/Fibre connection, the vast majority of people will have a 3G/4G (mobile) one.

The one demographic, elderly people, are the only category I expect currently struggles with e-commerce. That said, as time goes by, that problem will resolve itself as they will (eventually) be replaced by web savvy pensioners, currently in their 40s and 50s.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
Don't know, people who are on a really tight budget may choose to lose their home internet as it is another bill, plus not everybody has phones that are that good with their internet. Plus phone internet can be limited, with most companies offering 500G, if you don't have it at home you could easily use that amount well before the month is out. As for the job centres going to all on line, its just another way of getting rid of government employees.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)