Current time: 12/06/2024, 08:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
The Ikarus' that were stored here have been noted heading on the Motorway toward Chester.

Take a walk on the wild side of life, life!
Find all posts by this user
DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 2448 on the 432/433/437 today with 2418, 2424 and 2426 on the 407/471/472 and VDL SB120/Wright Cadet 2551 on the 409 with an ADL Enviro400 on the 403/413 which seems to be coming a daily thing of recent.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/03/2013 12:36)Palatine II Wrote:  The Ikarus' that were stored here have been noted heading on the Motorway toward Chester.

Indeed, they're heading off to Wrexham to be withdrawn and stripped of usable parts.

(05/03/2013 14:59)R557 ABA Wrote:  Indeed, they're heading off to Wrexham to be withdrawn and stripped of usable parts.

V-reg and W-reg vehicles to be stripped? It certainly makes sense with the Dart's to do this as there is a gluttony of these on the market at the moment. These DAF's though, I would have thought at this age they would have appealed to somebody even on the export market.

Is the fact they are to be for scrap confirmed?
(05/03/2013 15:04)K101HUM Wrote:  V-reg and W-reg vehicles to be stripped? It certainly makes sense with the Dart's to do this as there is a gluttony of these on the market at the moment. These DAF's though, I would have thought at this age they would have appealed to somebody even on the export market.

They're listed under disposal at the moment, I'm only going off what I've been told.

(05/03/2013 15:04)K101HUM Wrote:  
(05/03/2013 14:59)R557 ABA Wrote:  Indeed, they're heading off to Wrexham to be withdrawn and stripped of usable parts.

V-reg and W-reg vehicles to be stripped? It certainly makes sense with the Dart's to do this as there is a gluttony of these on the market at the moment. These DAF's though, I would have thought at this age they would have appealed to somebody even on the export market.

Im inclined to agree with you. An operator such as GHA would definitely have use for these vehicles. The engine and box would be useful for other vehicles of this type in the fleet, but as the bodies are non-standard, Id argue theyd be worth more to Arriva in the resale market as you say.
However, we shall see, anything is possible with Arriva!

RIP 96 - YNWA
I don't know what they ride like or how reliable they are, but they look in good condition and certainly too good to scrap, like one or two people have already said we shall just have to wait and see.
Although they look in good condition, they may have major chassis or structural defects which arnt worth repairing - arriva usually sell anything thats in good mechanical and structural condition and tend to only scrap those that will cost too much to repair or are beyond repair. Thats why the R ABA darts ended up scrapped instead of sold - on the whole they looked ok inside and out, just typical wear, however underneath and mechanicly they where past it!

I managed to get a ride on 2424 the other day, performed well even with a full standing load on a peak 487, i might even go as far as saying I quite enjoyed the ride!

I am no longer active on this forum.
Anyone heard of an expected in service date for the Hybrids please chaps ?
2952 on 413 another loanee?
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)