Current time: 11/06/2024, 19:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
Its since been booked off and i've been told its gone back to Speke! Must be bad..

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
I managed to photograph Palatine 2 R313 WVR (3313) whilst it was on the 407 this afternoon:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...hotostream

Also, I managed to photograph Myllennium Y242 KBU (2456) in New Brighton on the 410 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...ostream/). I can't understand why it's being allocated to the 410 when that service has recently been invested in - why isn't it going onto the likes of the 411 or the 492/495?! Huh

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(18/02/2013 11:37)R874 ERE Wrote:  Good ones are 2431,2435,2436,2438.
I had 2438 on the 487 today and it was fantastic - smooth, fast, comfortable, nice-sounding and rattle-free! A worn moquette and paint-job were the only problems with it.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
(19/02/2013 21:45)3111 Wrote:  I had 2438 on the 487 today and it was fantastic - smooth, fast, comfortable, nice-sounding and rattle-free! A worn moquette and paint-job were the only problems with it.

I was suprised myself when I got on it - really is a brilliant bus! Even for an unrefurbished one the interior isnt too bad compared to the others- 2435 being one of the worst interiors.

2449s seat padding has worn down so much on some seats you can just feel the frame and a very annoying strip across the middle of the back rest which hurts your spine!

I think Arriva should probably do something about the ferrograph displays on the Birkenhead original cadets.. as theyve been incorrect since the introduction of the TGX250 wayfarers last year. They only say Service: 10000 and the time - which is still on BST.

I quite like 2434 that's quite a fast one, I had it many moons ago on the 500 at Speke with a slipping Allison AT545 gearbox, it must have knakered it up later on down the line, probably had a re-con engine and gearbox fitted later on before transfer to Birkenhead.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube

I agree some are good and some are bad, when they were at speke a rode one on the 80 all you could feel is the seat frame and made constant rattles and banging noises, but the one we have at runcorn 2419 can be good and bad you can hear it from ages away but it constantly brakes down so it is kept on local routes and has strayed onto the X1 once
When the ones from speke arrived at birkenhead they where constantly failing - i spoke to 2 mechanics 2/3 weeks after they arrived - they said theyd had at least 1 either breaking down or being called back into LS per day and that they'd had more trouble with the speke cadets than all the other buses in the depot put together for 2 months! I was told by both theyd been very poorly looked after mechanicly and there where numerous bodge jobs and lack of care toward them! The mechanics wern't impressed and they cost a fortune to repair to get them roadworthy.

Anyway.. .. I;ve been looking at the new 487 timetable, and noticed going to Ness Gardens it runs the same route as a 488 however adds in Greenfields. However on the way back, it is routed via little neston, hinderton road, breezehill road and raby park road before returning to brook street.. I assume this means passengers can stay on the bus at Ness Gardens? For example somebody could get on at Brook Street, stay on via Ness Gardens and get off in Little Neston?

I'd imagine this is to act as a replacement for GHA operated route 23 Neston Connect, which is withdrawn as of March 6th.

Luke

When 7642 arrived to cover for p+p it was off the road more than it was on, they have finally given up with it was it this much trouble at LS?
Speaking of the new 487, noticed a number of times the 464 arriving at the bus stn very close behind it, not great for the higher beb passengers
(20/02/2013 21:16)N271CKB Wrote:  Speaking of the new 487, noticed a number of times the 464 arriving at the bus stn very close behind it, not great for the higher beb passengers

It should be timed the other way round though as the 464 should be a double decker which will mop up the passengers around to Mayer Park Roundabout , enabling the 487 to carry passengers for Higher Tranmere , Spital and beyond .
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)