Current time: 14/06/2024, 09:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
(24/01/2013 16:28)mbonwick Wrote:  1/A, 2/A, 3, 7, 10 (Chorley Town services)
109 Chorley - Preston
113 Preston - Bolton
125 Bolton - Preston
3A, 327 (think they're tack on services to the town network for LCC)
TfGM schools - sorry no more detail than that, someone else will know more tho.

113 from wigan to preston not bolton just make correction, Mbonwick.

martyn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/01/2013 16:28)mbonwick Wrote:  1/A, 2/A, 3, 7, 10 (Chorley Town services)
109 Chorley - Preston
113 Preston - Bolton
125 Bolton - Preston
3A, 327 (think they're tack on services to the town network for LCC)
TfGM schools - sorry no more detail than that, someone else will know more tho.

113 from wigan to preston not bolton just make correction, Mbonwick.

martyn
Ok so the full list is:

1, 1A
2, 2A
109, 113, 125
3A, 327

Is this right guys?
(14/01/2013 22:44)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  Arriva's R reg's are being (or have been) withdrawn and replaced with the V reg's.
The sheds are staying here for a while yet but 52626 and 52629 keep breaking down so B10's and even Dart's are getting on 685 more than they should be.

The R reg coaches are disgusting, only 3 V reg coaches have been transfered to Jesmond, but all R ones are still in service. However they still manage to have W298PPT and V513/515DFT on the service too much...

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
I had a real surprise today when 20944 turned up from Penrith on the 104. It is the first time I have noted this in service since the end of last year. It used to be a regular at Penrith outstation. The same working during the last week has seen 20960 which is another nominally in reserve but is in service a lot. 20219 was on the 600 Cockermouth today.

Another unusual sight was 18365 on the 38 Silloth. Rare to see a double-decker on this service.

Long-time VOR MAN 22149 did a spell on the 67 and this has been fitted with coach seats as fitted to 16645 and the Enviro300s at Carlisle. It did not stay long on the 67 as I saw it outside the depot later on.

Also at the depot is a First-liveried double-decker - could not see which one - presumably another Wirral bus for repaint.

Finally reserve MAN 22160 was on the 61 - the only T-reg of the ex-Manchesters at Carlisle - I have not seen this in service since Christmas.
20944 hasn't managed to come off service yet after going into reserve on paper, it's been living at Penrith full time still mostly, usually on 108's though.

22149 is the new spare for 94/97, its not a good bus though, had a fair few problems with it so it ended up being pulled from service yesterday. 22160 is having a fair few problems too despite it having a new engine fitted! Awful unreliable heaps of junk, only place they're fit enough for is a scrapyard, they'd need towed to a scrapyard though, would just break down if they were driven there! Second best place for them is on city services while the city Darts go out on country runs, they just break down when they're put on long routes that require them to go over 40mph. Just to think, I used to dislike the MAN Enviro300's, but they're like a Bentley compared to these ALX300 heaps!
Was at Windermere rail station today and noted 2 N reg B10M buses in use - one parked up the other on the 505 to Coniston - so these older B10Ms keep on going compared to the newer ex Manchester S reg MANs. We also passed a S reg B10M coach about 10.30 on the A595 on the 600 heading for Carlisle.

The 685 Brampton has been a W-DNO reg short Dart most of the week. Also have seen a W-DNO short Dart on the 69 a few times this week. Both of these are usually Solos.

And also about 1 week ago a Trident on 685 Brampton.
The 113 is Shared Between Chorley and The Stagecoach Wigan Depot

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
113 is operated by Chorley during the week, but First won the Sunday contract from Wigan, so that's now Stagecoach operated too.

Bit irrelevant really as that's SC Merseyside and South Lancs....this thread is for Cumbria and N. Lancs Smile

Also - C&NL don't have any N reg B10Ms, only M/P/R regs. You'll have seen 20457/9 (M45x VCW), which are both allocated to Kendal.
(16/02/2013 20:58)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  22149 is the new spare for 94/97, its not a good bus though, had a fair few problems with it so it ended up being pulled from service yesterday. 22160 is having a fair few problems too despite it having a new engine fitted! Awful unreliable heaps of junk, only place they're fit enough for is a scrapyard, they'd need towed to a scrapyard though, would just break down if they were driven there! Second best place for them is on city services while the city Darts go out on country runs, they just break down when they're put on long routes that require them to go over 40mph. Just to think, I used to dislike the MAN Enviro300's, but they're like a Bentley compared to these ALX300 heaps!

There must have been a shortage of MAN Enviro300s today as overworked "reserve" 22960 was on the 79 Dumfries. 22149 and 22160 were both on the city services today but I do not know how long for!

34718 came back into Carlisle on an Auto Recoveries low-loader. I saw 20219 on a City run, I think it was on the 60, and this may just have been emergency covering for 34718 as it was back on its normal 94 12.30 run (but a few minutes late).

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)