Current time: 01/06/2024, 04:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
While me and another forum member were walking from the World Museum Liverpool, we came across 2441 being parked just outside the Queensway Tunnel entrance by a Mersey Tunnels Tow Truck , can anyone else shed light on what had happened ?

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
(29/12/2012 07:33)M60lad Wrote:  Due to a vehicle fire yesterday afternoon/evening Wallasey Tunnel was closed with all traffic diverted via Queensway Tunnel, I'm guessing this had an affect on all Birkenhead/Laid Street Depot services, luckily I was in/around Liverpool yesterday and missed the traffic but it looked pretty busy/chaotic on A59 Scotland Road heading from Bootle/Kirkby direction from what I saw, I'm glad I was on a 21 from Kirkby which missed all the traffic

It was a lorry fire it sounded quite bad too from what i heard smoke was seen pouring out of the ventilation shaft on the liverpool side and scores of motorists were evacuated from their cars and taken to the tunnel emergency refuges wonder if any buses were trapped down there?
Finally got around to uploading my video of 4418 on the 472 diverted via the M53 on Saturday evening because of the bridge strike with an Asda truck on Woodchurch Road. All I can say is, turbo leeaakk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHcSt2oEM_Q

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(31/12/2012 20:03)R557 ABA Wrote:  Finally got around to uploading my video of 4418 on the 472 diverted via the M53 on Saturday evening because of the bridge strike with an Asda truck on Woodchurch Road. All I can say is, turbo leeaakk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHcSt2oEM_Q

When they are not on safe mode those Enviro's aren't half fast! I'll probably miss them when the B5's come in as much as two are staying

It would interesting to see how these hybrids coming would like a little bit of open road running either along the M53 as per that diversion or around Backford near Chester (the chances of that happening up there will be very remote now i suspect).
3135 making a surprise appearance on the 471 today

Ive gone threw a hole month without being on a bus,all i know is the B5s are arriving this year but no one knows as yet when
As i said before christmas, a notice has gone up regarding hybrid arrival.

Theyre training drivers up in batches due to the amount of buses that will be entering service in a short period of time - management have asked drivers who wish to be part of the first batch for training to put their name down, and they will be allocated short time to be on hybrid operated routes until the rest of the depot is gradually trained up and ready to drive them, then the drivers will all be allocated as normal.

The official arrival date isnt confirmed yet that I know of, but im told by a member of staff at LS that they *MAY* start arriving this month- although im sure someone on here said they will be in service by approximatly march. They wont enter service immediatly as like all batches when they arrive theyll have to be checked over, wayfarers installed, hanovers programmed, fleet numbered, logo'd up, cctv setup etc.

Luke

I am no longer active on this forum.
that fits in with arriva bolton as they getting same buses due and they getting one for driver training right at start of feb

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
thanks luke
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)