Current time: 01/06/2024, 05:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
There is no reason why they should fix a bus that arrived faulty themselves, it was clearly Birkenheads job to fix it. Put it this way, would you buy a car from a garage only to find it breaks down the day after and then fix it yourself. The answer is no you wouldnt, this is the same sort of thing only that GL didnt buy it.
Find all posts by this user
(06/11/2012 20:59)MPTE1955 Wrote:  There is no reason why they should fix a bus that arrived faulty themselves, it was clearly Birkenheads job to fix it. Put it this way, would you buy a car from a garage only to find it breaks down the day after and then fix it yourself. The answer is no you wouldnt, this is the same sort of thing only that GL didnt buy it.

You're quite right, GL were perfectly right to send 2344 back for repair.

I understand GLs point of view, both as a matter of principal and depot profitability, but it's dysfunctional management with a higher cost to Arriva as a company as a result of increased resource cost from shunting the vehicle back an d forth between the two depots.
(06/11/2012 20:59)MPTE1955 Wrote:  There is no reason why they should fix a bus that arrived faulty themselves, it was clearly Birkenheads job to fix it. Put it this way, would you buy a car from a garage only to find it breaks down the day after and then fix it yourself. The answer is no you wouldnt, this is the same sort of thing only that GL didnt buy it.

What im saying is in my opinion if it was a bus that they had never had before yeah send it back were ever it came from but this is a dart which they have a lot of and its silly sending it backwards and forwards when something goes wrong it would save time and effort for green lane to of fixed it. Thats my opinion!

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
Nearly all the Cadet's that have arrived from Speke, had problems, but LS had to fix them. Most of which had to have the breaks repaired, so in theory, LS should have had them sent back...

Take a walk on the wild side of life, life!
(06/11/2012 21:27)Palatine II Wrote:  Nearly all the Cadet's that have arrived from Speke, had problems, but LS had to fix them. Most of which had to have the breaks repaired, so in theory, LS should have had them sent back...

Theres one cadet that i can name that has been nothing but trouble 2479. Iv heard that Laird St have rung up a few depots a few weeks back to try and get rid of it to another depot but all refused!

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
Theres one cadet that i can name that has been nothing but trouble 2479. Iv heard that Laird St have rung up a few depots a few weeks back to try and get rid of it to another depot but all refused!
[/quote]

2426 being an example. That thing is an abomination!

Take a walk on the wild side of life, life!
2452 is still in the depot this evening, I think 2459 has left today.

If 2344 got sent back to LS for repair, then 886 should have been sent back to it's previous depot for all the faults that's had. Same goes for the Cadets.
At the end of the day, it's up to the depot's management whether they want to try and refuse a vehicle based upon faults or not. The depot it came from may just say that they'll have it back and leave it to rot for all we know so the only option may be to accept it anyway and fix it themselves. It's not unusual for vehicles to be refused, St Helens do it too.

Not really a subject any of us are qualified to relay on behalf of depots at any rate so best not to dwell on it and instead move on.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Technically its the problem of Birkenhead if their maintainance isn't up to scratch.
Speke had problems with the cadets for years, its not a "recent thing" and they're generally off the road just as much as the LS originals such as 2449. so thats a bit of a steriotype.

2344 is a pool bus is it not? and is therefore on long term loan to GL to see off the older stock.
It's perfectly fine for them to send LS to bill for the tow as well as braking down on the same day is unacceptable!

If a bus is known to be unreliable and of poor quality then it wont be sent back to the depot it came for repair, 4000 is known to be a tad fooked due to the electrical fire it had a few years back, this was known by Speke and Bolton
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)