Current time: 01/06/2024, 00:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
thats a long queue ive been on plenty on the 413s myself and they all chuck us off at the back of the grange multistory birkenhead
Find all posts by this user
(31/10/2012 22:17)N301 CKB Wrote:  Cadet 2445 broke down in Upton today, right before the lights on Arrowe Park road heading towards Moreton. The queue was down to the Sainsbury's roundabout. At the same time there was an accident on Old Greasby road, causing the 437's (Liverpool bound) to go around Upton By-Pass and then get stuck in the queue because of the breakdown!

Another problem with those Traffic lights in Upton Village is that the lights from the Moreton direction go to green before the lights from the Upton sainsburys side therefore you will instantly get a backlog if there is lots of right turning traffic . Im surprised there was not police directing traffic but they would have been dealing with the incident on Old Greasby Road , an incident like that though could quite easily cause gridlock once the problem extended over Sainsburys Roundabout . Quite why some of the 437's didnt omit Upton Village is beyond me .
The incident on old greasby road was made worse by the fact that the police closed the road halfway up the hill upton bound, so drivers didn't know the road was blocked until it was in front of them.
Saw a few 437's and the 17 backing into side streets with very little room to spare
(01/11/2012 17:09)N271CKB Wrote:  The incident on old greasby road was made worse by the fact that the police closed the road halfway up the hill upton bound, so drivers didn't know the road was blocked until it was in front of them.
Saw a few 437's and the 17 backing into side streets with very little room to spare

Well what did you expect, common sense? Wink

I am no longer active on this forum.
I saw a v-DVU Marshall Dart on the 487 earlier - might have been 7647
7635 might it have been SNL?
it might have been -it was dark and i was going the other way - it definitely had an LS blind fitted - so 7635 would be the obvious candidate - but I thought it was pretty well dead.
not many Rolle blind marshalls in new livery tbh
7635 still off the road, so it wasn't that.

Cadet 2431 broke down today at the Aldi in Prenton.

2459 was out this morning, parked by the garage, this might have moved today to Speke?

2411 (the only ALX300 with Alexander and DAF on it's front bumper surviving) is now parked at the back of the depot, ready for transfer to Green Lane.
Wondr how long those badges will survive at GL! Always made it recognisable, nice little touch to lave them onI think!

RIP 96 - YNWA
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)