Current time: 02/06/2024, 06:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
Beverly Bell isnt the NW traffic Commisioner anymore. She is the Senior Traffic Commisioner now so is in effect incharge of all the tcs in the country
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Confirmation on the TfGM Service Changes page that JPT will be introducing journeys on services 112 and 113 from next Monday (16 September). No details on how many journeys they'll be running, but TfGM website says 'Additional daily daytime journeys' for service 112 and 'Additional Monday to Friday peak period journeys' for service 113.

Times also changed for service 118 (may tie in with the 112/113) while Eurobus journeys on service 17 will switch to JPT.
Find all posts by this user
saw fleet number 185 in the depot at josua lane on sunday but no reg on it anybody any idea what the reg number is please
(23/10/2012 14:25)dave4jackie Wrote:  saw fleet number 185 in the depot at josua lane on sunday but no reg on it anybody any idea what the reg number is please

Is it an Alexander ALX200? If so, I presume it'll be P322 JND. This was Eurobus 1185 – the Eurobus vehicles were essentially in the same series as JPT but with an additional 1 prefix, which I guess will now have been removed since there is no longer a separate Eurobus licence, and therefore no need to differentiate vehicles?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(26/10/2012 20:08)Quackdave Wrote:  
(23/10/2012 14:25)dave4jackie Wrote:  saw fleet number 185 in the depot at josua lane on sunday but no reg on it anybody any idea what the reg number is please

Is it an Alexander ALX200? If so, I presume it'll be P322 JND. This was Eurobus 1185 – the Eurobus vehicles were essentially in the same series as JPT but with an additional 1 prefix, which I guess will now have been removed since there is no longer a separate Eurobus licence, and therefore no need to differentiate vehicles?

it was an alexander ALX200 but the reg P322JND was on ex 1184 now 184 as i saw that they had removed the 1,so guess the old reg from 1185 has been moved onto 184
P322JND was 1185 (now 185), P677NOJ was 1184 (now 184)
Now that Bluebird is being taken over by Stagecoach, JPT is looking vulnerable. As competition issues could arise with bids from Stagecoach or First, I think JPT could instead be taken over by Arriva.
It's really best not to speculate like this; people outside of the forum, or indeed on the forum, could so very easily misconstrue what you're saying and may make assumptions that they're jobs are in question etc. For the sake of protecting employees from such situations, I'd ask that this kind of speculative posting goes no further, thanks.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I agree that they do look a little vulnerable. May possibly get squeezed out by First and Stagecoach in the north of Manchester plus JPT have also been getting quite a few complaints on their Facebook page in recent weeks/months about various things such as buses not turning up and complaints about drivers.

Hopefully, JPT will stay in business and not follow the likes of Speedwellbus, Bu-Val and The Coachmasters and go out of business. It would be wrong though to speculate about their future just because Bluebird may be sold (no guarantee that will go through of course).

Speaking about the reliability issues they've had, it has been centered on the 17 and it looks like JPT will try to remedy that by cutting the Middleton-Rochdale section at the end of the month and concentrate on the key battle between Middleton and Manchester.
Looks like the battle between First and JPT on the 17 is coming to an end (unless there's a future change planned). TfGM Service Changes page says that JPT will withdraw all journeys except for one schoolday journey from Cardinal Langley school from 6 January 2013.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)