Current time: 16/06/2024, 19:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
True, but there are usually 5 Mercedes Citaro bendi's off the road everyday from the CityLink!

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/08/2012 18:39)NK07 FZG Wrote:  True, but there are usually 5 Mercedes Citaro bendi's off the road everyday from the CityLink!

Gateshead really do need more spares for the 58. Every day there are various different buses on the service. It never used to be unreliable when it was the '08-reg' rigid Citaro's.

I suppose the 'bendy-buses' probably struggle on the hills between Fewster Square and Gateshead, (e.g. Split Crow Road, Wealcroft and Coldwell Lane).
Find all posts by this user
(29/08/2012 20:28)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(29/08/2012 18:39)NK07 FZG Wrote:  True, but there are usually 5 Mercedes Citaro bendi's off the road everyday from the CityLink!

Gateshead really do need more spares for the 58. Every day there are various different buses on the service. It never used to be unreliable when it was the '08-reg' rigid Citaro's.

I suppose the 'bendy-buses' probably struggle on the hills between Fewster Square and Gateshead, (e.g. Split Crow Road, Wealcroft and Coldwell Lane).

Yup, today I spotted 5228 and one of the scania bendies on the 58. The route must have the most unreliable buses in the company.
(29/08/2012 20:42)citylink58 Wrote:  
(29/08/2012 20:28)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  

Yup, today I spotted 5228 and one of the scania bendies on the 58. The route must have the most unreliable buses in the company.

I don't think it is a case of more spares needed, it is more the case to keep the current vehicles operational. Remember more buses a depot has, the more cost there is. Also in the case of Gateshead, only certain drivers can drive them as their is an enhanced rate of pay for driving them. It is easier to have your spare vehicles as 'rigid' so they can operate on other routes. Gateshead have a PVR of around 92 with 105 vehicles to cover, so that equates to around 12% of Gateshead's fleet as spare which is normally quite adequate.
I'm still unsure about whether using 'bendy-buses' on the 58 is really a good idea. They do struggle at some of the junctions, (especially the one at Windy Nook) and I do think that they are too big for some of the smaller roads in the Whitehills and Felling areas.
The Great North Run timetables are now on the Nexus website. Go North East will be running the following:

27X: South Shields - Newcastle, Haymarket
http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/nexus.org....160912.pdf

R1: Gypsies Green - Newcastle, Haymarket

R3: Heworth - Newcastle, Haymarket
According to my mate Sean, the ex Blaydon Racers renowns are going on the 17!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(02/09/2012 15:13)W179 SCU Wrote:  According to my mate Sean, the ex Blaydon Racers renowns are going on the 17!

I've heard the same thing but obviously would prefer confirmation from GNE. In return the ex-Washington Citaros are supposed to be for the Blaydon Racers, but of course plans can change and theres plenty of time. 5275-5283 would be the equal number of buses to 5151-5159 however so you never know. Of course that would leave a question mark over what would operate the X3 but in my opinion Renowns would be ideal.
Also, some fleet movements are supposed to be taking place today and tomorrow for anyone that may be out and about.

Chris

Visit my Flickr page for bus photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswhitesbusphotos
(02/09/2012 15:38)chris white Wrote:  
(02/09/2012 15:13)W179 SCU Wrote:  According to my mate Sean, the ex Blaydon Racers renowns are going on the 17!

I've heard the same thing but obviously would prefer confirmation from GNE. In return the ex-Washington Citaros are supposed to be for the Blaydon Racers, but of course plans can change and theres plenty of time. 5275-5283 would be the equal number of buses to 5151-5159 however so you never know. Of course that would leave a question mark over what would operate the X3 but in my opinion Renowns would be ideal.
Also, some fleet movements are supposed to be taking place today and tomorrow for anyone that may be out and about.

Chris

Yeah - I'll ask sometime Smile - Hopefully that does happen Smile

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(02/09/2012 15:38)chris white Wrote:  

Chris

Apparantly Trident 3871 is staying at Percy Main, who are supposedly loosing SPD 8223/6/7.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)