Current time: 03/06/2024, 10:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Howards/Springfield
RE: Howards/Springfield
(30/03/2018 06:35)M60lad Wrote:  MPDs cant be used on 48s as Cheshire West specify that its got to be a big vehicle on the route as certain journies pick up School Kids from what I've been told and allegedly Howards have been getting fined by Cheshire West every time they've put a MPD on the route hence why they've now swapped the Metrocity off the 289 onto 48, also I believe 48 has longer to run than the 289s which finish this weekend.

I'm sure the 188 school service is supposed to have at least 37 seats but then it doesn't have to be operated by the same vehicle as the 289 even though the contract was awarded on the basis the 188 and 289 are covered with a PVR of 1. The last day of Howards running the 289 will be tomorrow, from Tuesday the Northwich-Knutsford section of the 289 and 188 service are being transferred to be 88 contract, High Legh-Knutsford will be covered by a limited 47 service and High Legh-Altrincham is being withdrawn altogether.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Taken from a post on Facebook by an aviation group.

"New bus service from the Airport to the RVP

A new bus service subsidized by the Airport will operate for a trial period from Sunday 1st - Sunday 15th April.

Operated by Springfield bus and coach company the buses will depart from the Airport Bus station (Stand L) every hour from 09.17 hrs to 16.17 hrs and depart Manchester Airport RVP every hour from 09.30 hrs to 16.30 hrs.

A small charge will apply. The word from the airport is "it's a trial - so please use it"

If it's successful it may well become permanent."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
So the trial will cover the week between the 200 ending and the 288 weekend only service, as well as the first week the 288 extends to the viewing park at weekends.
The new trial service to the Viewing park started today, and was using SN66WND and service number "RVP" It can be seen here coming to the end of it's journey at Manchester Airport "The Station"

[Image: 40261559805_8e34450cf2_b.jpg]
Howards SN66WND by Mike McNiven, on Flickr
^ Either there was no demand for that service, or people who would have used it didn't know about it!
(01/04/2018 13:29)knutstransport Wrote:  ^ Either there was no demand for that service, or people who would have used it didn't know about it!

There is demand but the 288 doesn't have enough time to serve the viewing park hourly so could only serve 2 hourly like it does weekends. I think that is one reason. Even running every 2 hours on weekdays isn't enough given how busy the viewing park can be at peak times. Howards can have almost full loads sometimes. I think it is kind of a last minute decision to throw out the trial service or at least it looks that way or TFGM wouldn't be sending in the 288 in there at weekends if an alternative is available.
(01/04/2018 15:11)iMarkeh Wrote:  There is demand but the 288 doesn't have enough time to serve the viewing park hourly so could only serve 2 hourly like it does weekends. I think that is one reason. Even running every 2 hours on weekdays isn't enough given how busy the viewing park can be at peak times. Howards can have almost full loads sometimes. I think it is kind of a last minute decision to throw out the trial service or at least it looks that way or TFGM wouldn't be sending in the 288 in there at weekends if an alternative is available.

Well the obvious problem with weekends only is a rare flight or a new type of aircraft making it's first flight to Manchester can occur on a weekday and the aviation enthusiastics will want to come on days when there's a special flight not on days the 288 runs to the viewing park.

The new 288 is also serving Airport City at times and it seems on weekdays TfGM have prioritised Airport City over the Viewing Park but at weekends it's the other way around.
Details about the RVP service have been posted on the airport's Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/manairport/status/98...4630871040 I guess a short notice registration must have gone in.
(02/04/2018 08:36)knutstransport Wrote:  Details about the RVP service have been posted on the airport's Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/manairport/status/98...4630871040 I guess a short notice registration must have gone in.

Maybe except from having to be registered actually so may not appear.
(02/04/2018 15:44)mikemcniven Wrote:  Maybe except from having to be registered actually so may not appear.

If it's available to everyone it has to be registered unless it operates for free or the distance between stops is more than 20? miles.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)