Current time: 01/06/2024, 08:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(02/08/2012 21:34)N301 CKB Wrote:  2439 still parked next to the steam clean, looking very sorry for itself.
I was in LS when it got towed in a few weeks back, noticed its even missing its wipers now, has the engine finally given up?

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Had a ride on 2426 today. This bus desperately needs seeing to. I knew it was bad but not as bad as it turned out to be. The gearbox is absolutely knackered. When changing up a gear, it over-revs, goes in to neutral while grinding horribly all the way through before changing up. It continues through all gears up until gear 4 when it just really doesn't like performing at all, making a horrible noise. I didn't hear it that much as the driver must have clicked onto it as well, as he swiftly braked, making the bus change into 3rd. Changing down is no problem but changing up sounds horrible, reminiscent of a Bristol VR I went on last year when the driver couldn't get it into gear properly! Not good at all!
Also of note, 7558 was on 410s today, still battling on!
2404 broke down in New Brighton today on a 410, 4414 (i think it was) broke down and ran back in with a mechanic at the helm. one of the geminis broke down in the middle of the road outside BBS this aft too, delightful!

7642 must be on loan to Runcorn as still has fast tag and was on 3A today with dests on 3A New Brighton and paper in window saying Runcorn
either that or they just forgot to take its fast tag out. When 3273 transfered to skem back in 2009 they left the fast tag on it.

(02/08/2012 22:32)P493 MBY Wrote:  
(02/08/2012 21:34)N301 CKB Wrote:  2439 still parked next to the steam clean, looking very sorry for itself.
I was in LS when it got towed in a few weeks back, noticed its even missing its wipers now, has the engine finally given up?

By the looks of things I think your right Luke, she has now got another sticker in the windscreen with the notice 'Please do not remove any parts from this vehicle'

Myllennium 2456 also has this sticker and is still having work carried out. Not sure what will happen when the new Pulsars arrive and 2456 is still having work being done though?

The three Tridents 4000/1/2 really do need some sort of tree pole fitted to them, as the top right corner on all three of them is in a right mess.
Is it the trees on the 437 and 464 that are the problem for the double deckers.

437 I would expect the problem to be on Ford Hill and on the 464 from the end of Borough Road round to Wirral Grammar
I would think so wirralbus, the trees on the 437 route at Ford Hill were looked at before the Enviro's entered service back in 2009. I'm sure they will have not been touched since then.
Y 48 ABA currently failed in Heswall Bus Station with fitter in attendance.
Out 2 days running though, it deserves credit for managing that long!

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)