Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
D&G Bus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: D&G Bus (/showthread.php?tid=96)

RE: D&G Bus - T42 PVM - 21/07/2020 16:09

Interesting note on their website about the 130:

"Passengers travelling between Handforth and Wythenshawe travel for free until the end of August."

As a further note the lack of trips to/from Wythenshawe and the Start/Finish times do not look good as are useless for workers

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 21/07/2020 16:54

(21/07/2020 16:09)T42 PVM Wrote:  Interesting note on their website about the 130:

"Passengers travelling between Handforth and Wythenshawe travel for free until the end of August."

As a further note the lack of trips to/from Wythenshawe and the Start/Finish times do not look good as are useless for workers

It's a bit like their previous 82 extension to Rudheath - they look to be concentrating on getting people from Rudheath to make day trips to Chester, opposed to providing a commuter service from Sandiway/Hartford/Castle to Gadbrook Park.

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 30/07/2020 12:01

I notice the message about the 288 operating to a reduced service has disappeared from the D&G Bus website. Does that mean it's gone down to a 2 hourly Mon-Sat daytime service with no evening or Sunday services permanently?

While not a North West service I find the 32X message amusing. They are saying you must make a reservation to get in to Alton Towers but say space on the bus is limited and will be offered on a first come first served basis.

RE: D&G Bus - Metroline1511 - 01/08/2020 05:12

(30/07/2020 12:01)knutstransport Wrote:  I notice the message about the 288 operating to a reduced service has disappeared from the D&G Bus website. Does that mean it's gone down to a 2 hourly Mon-Sat daytime service with no evening or Sunday services permanently?

While not a North West service I find the 32X message amusing. They are saying you must make a reservation to get in to Alton Towers but say space on the bus is limited and will be offered on a first come first served basis.

At least the TfGM website indicates it is still basically a 2-hourly service. Maybe this is for another few months at least.

RE: D&G Bus - 33109 - 03/08/2020 16:56

Has anyone else noticed D&G have taken on a fair few new drivers lately?

At least 5 of them I recognise as ex arriva macc & winsford drivers.

RE: D&G Bus - Rick Hunter - 03/08/2020 20:19

At Wincham there are a couple of newbies and all the furloughed drivers are now back, although 1 has left. Arriva Macc drivers are fed up of traveling to Winsford so a few more may depart soon if Gaw End doesn't reopen in the near future.

(03/08/2020 16:56)33109 Wrote:  Has anyone else noticed D&G have taken on a fair few new drivers lately?

At least 5 of them I recognise as ex arriva macc & winsford drivers.

RE: D&G Bus - 33109 - 03/08/2020 20:51

(03/08/2020 20:19)Rick Hunter Wrote:  At Wincham there are a couple of newbies and all the furloughed drivers are now back, although 1 has left. Arriva Macc drivers are fed up of traveling to Winsford so a few more may depart soon if Gaw End doesn't reopen in the near future.

Yep I can see that happening, arriva are struggling I think at the moment.

RE: D&G Bus - M60lad - 04/08/2020 05:52

If Gaw End doesnt open in the near future is there anyway that D&G could possibly take over the work that Arriva do in/around Macclesfield?

RE: D&G Bus - 33109 - 04/08/2020 08:44

D&G could possibly take over macc aye if they're interested enough & arriva struggle like they are currently.

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 04/08/2020 11:52

(04/08/2020 05:52)M60lad Wrote:  If Gaw End doesnt open in the near future is there anyway that D&G could possibly take over the work that Arriva do in/around Macclesfield?

Not sure it would be worthwhile for D&G to have outstations in both Macclesfield and Wincham.

In the case of Macclesfield maybe Centrebus would acquire somewhere as a shared D&G/High Peak facility to prevent issues if snow closes the Cat and Fiddle road in the winter? Or maybe if D&G had a base in Macc Centrebus might want Cheshire routes to transfer to D&G?