Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
D&G Bus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: D&G Bus (/showthread.php?tid=96)

RE: D&G Bus - Rick Hunter - 28/08/2019 21:29

It was like that for a couple of days last week but had disappeared down to Crewe by Friday. I presumed it would have been repaired while down there.

(28/08/2019 20:00)knutstransport Wrote:  There was a Versa without a working destination display on the 82 yesterday. Someone had printed the number 82 on a A4 sheet of paper and stuck it to the front windscreen.

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 29/08/2019 07:01

(28/08/2019 21:29)Rick Hunter Wrote:  It was like that for a couple of days last week but had disappeared down to Crewe by Friday. I presumed it would have been repaired while down there.

Unless it's a different one. If it's the same one then it'll probably have reached the maximum number of times it can be put out in to service in a year without all the PRM features being functional

RE: D&G Bus - mikestone - 29/08/2019 14:35

Plug piece for the 38 in today's RouteOne.
;
States that vehicles will be branded.
;
Leaflet obtained from Delamere House doesn't mention branding but refers to clean modern buses.
;
Also mentions contactless on all buses - I think someone was asking if they accepted it?
;
White Enviro200 still here too.

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 01/09/2019 09:54

(29/08/2019 14:35)mikestone Wrote:  Plug piece for the 38 in today's RouteOne.
;
States that vehicles will be branded.
;
Leaflet obtained from Delamere House doesn't mention branding but refers to clean modern buses.
;
Also mentions contactless on all buses - I think someone was asking if they accepted it?
;
White Enviro200 still here too.

Do we know which vehicles will be used on the 38 weekday and Saturday services - branded or not?

I noticed, unusually, the 88 seemed to all be 28 seater Solos yesterday so I wonder if some of the bigger Solos or Enviros have moved to Crewe in preparation for the new service? One of the 88s looked like it was standing room only yesterday heading towards Knutsford from the Wilmslow direction.

RE: D&G Bus - dca529x - 01/09/2019 17:48

(01/09/2019 09:54)knutstransport Wrote:  Do we know which vehicles will be used on the 38 weekday and Saturday services - branded or not?

I noticed, unusually, the 88 seemed to all be 28 seater Solos yesterday so I wonder if some of the bigger Solos or Enviros have moved to Crewe in preparation for the new service? One of the 88s looked like it was standing room only yesterday heading towards Knutsford from the Wilmslow direction.

The ex IOM Streetlites are intended for the 38 and have received modest branding for it.

RE: D&G Bus - Rick Hunter - 01/09/2019 17:49

3 of the newly acquired Streetlites are route branded for the 38. There are curerently 8 Solos at Wincham, including big ones 137 and 140 which would explain all small ones on 88. Versa 28 is at Crewe likely for destination repair

(01/09/2019 09:54)knutstransport Wrote:  Do we know which vehicles will be used on the 38 weekday and Saturday services - branded or not?

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 01/09/2019 17:56

(01/09/2019 17:49)Rick Hunter Wrote:  3 of the newly acquired Streetlites are route branded for the 38. There are currently 8 Solos at Wincham, including big ones 137 and 140 which would explain all small ones on 88. Versa 28 is at Crewe likely for destination repair

With schools and colleges returning this week and potentially some services having more school/college pupils than last year, that could mean some interesting loadings this coming week.

RE: D&G Bus - mikestone - 14/09/2019 18:47

D&G have registered a 32 - now showing on staffordshire website operating as far as Upper Tean

RE: D&G Bus - mikestone - 18/09/2019 13:08

Timetable now on website, strangely has its layover at Upper Tean and returns only six minutes in front of the Potteries service.

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 26/10/2019 09:04

Due to TfGM funding cuts/low passenger numbers most of the evening Altrincham-Wilmslow services are being withdrawn, as are some Sunday Altrincham-Wilmslow services and the 737 service.