Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
D&G Bus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: D&G Bus (/showthread.php?tid=96)

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 29/08/2023 16:40

Vehicle 530 is tracking as 35. Today 35 is on the 82/49 and 530 is on the 88/89.

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 01/09/2023 16:53

D&G have started putting up their own timetables at bus stops on the 88 route. For stops not at shelters their print outs are the same size as the Cheshire East ones, so they have replaced them. For the bus shelter stops they've put up timetables that are portrait instead of landscape, leaving the old Cheshire East display behind meaning some old times are still visible.

I haven't yet had chance to see what they've done at Knutsford Bus Station Stand 2 that's also used by the WOB 47.

RE: D&G Bus - 319373 - 05/09/2023 11:55

Anyone have any idea why all the 'scheduled' and 'actual' time data keeps on vanishing from the Bustimes maps? Its happened three times in the last week - overnight after Wed 30th, then overnight after Fri 1st - then once more, overnight after Mon 4th. All the maps are still there - but without the list of timing points [and without the scheduled & actual times columns]. Whenever this happens, the whole of D&G's routes are affected - and the same thing happens to all the Chaserider routes [that's a separate entry on Bustimes] at the same time.

If you search for a D&G service on there, right now [let's say the 84X] you will see that the column of departure times appears in blue - and a click on there will take you to that actual service. But if you go back to yesterday - that column is black [and you cannot click on it]. Isn't it just a bit odd how this doesn't happen anywhere near so often, with other firms? Dodgy

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 05/09/2023 17:31

(01/09/2023 16:53)knutstransport Wrote:  I haven't yet had chance to see what they've done at Knutsford Bus Station Stand 2 that's also used by the WOB 47.

On checking they've removed the Cheshire East timetable for the 47, 89 and 88 (towards Macc) and replaced it with one just showing D&G times. So the WOB 47 service is currently unadvertised.

RE: D&G Bus - KXW212 - 11/09/2023 09:02

Joining the Stagecoach Yorkshire and Hulleys of Baslow Enviro200s in North Western Road Car Co. red and cream 'heritage' livery is D&G Enviro200 504.

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 11/09/2023 18:45

It tracked in service on the 88/89 today. Strange about the slogan saying East Cheshire and Derbyshire when North Western served Northwich and D&G serve Northwich.

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 23/09/2023 10:31

If anyone's trying to hunt down 504 it's currently tracking as either 31 or 33. I saw it in Knutsford at around 09:45 showing 88 on the rear but I don't know if it was heading to Macclesfield or Altrincham.

RE: D&G Bus - KXW212 - 23/09/2023 10:54

(23/09/2023 10:31)knutstransport Wrote:  If anyone's trying to hunt down 504 it's currently tracking as either 31 or 33. I saw it in Knutsford at around 09:45 showing 88 on the rear but I don't know if it was heading to Macclesfield or Altrincham.

It is tracking as 33. In fact it's 'double tracking', claiming to be on the 82/49 as well, which it isn't. It's on the 88.

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 03/10/2023 18:47

Anyone able to offer an explanation for this journey?

https://bustimes.org/services/188-macclesfield-knutsford-wilmslow-altrincham/vehicles?date=2023-10-03#journeys/485407500

I can understand the bus remaining at Macclesfield for 35 minutes, even though the bus was due out earlier, if the driver was due a break as it was very late arriving in Macclesfield.

But running an 88 from Macclesfield to Alderley Edge to Knolls Green to Wilmslow roundabout (not via Chapel Lane) then back to Mobberley (sitting there for 6 minutes) and then running to Knutsford (avoiding Longridge)?

If it was to prevent the driver going over hours the logical thing to do would be to run direct from Macclesfield bus station to Thorneyholme Drive, Knutsford (making anyone else to wait for the 18:45), then run as normal to Wilmslow.

RE: D&G Bus - iMarkeh - 04/10/2023 03:18

(03/10/2023 18:47)knutstransport Wrote:  Anyone able to offer an explanation for this journey?

https://bustimes.org/services/188-macclesfield-knutsford-wilmslow-altrincham/vehicles?date=2023-10-03#journeys/485407500

I can understand the bus remaining at Macclesfield for 35 minutes, even though the bus was due out earlier, if the driver was due a break as it was very late arriving in Macclesfield.

But running an 88 from Macclesfield to Alderley Edge to Knolls Green to Wilmslow roundabout (not via Chapel Lane) then back to Mobberley (sitting there for 6 minutes) and then running to Knutsford (avoiding Longridge)?

If it was to prevent the driver going over hours the logical thing to do would be to run direct from Macclesfield bus station to Thorneyholme Drive, Knutsford (making anyone else to wait for the 18:45), then run as normal to Wilmslow.
Depends on how tight the duty is with driving hours. Bearing in mind the bus left Macclesfield the same time that it should have left Knutsford, running to Thorneyholme Drive the bus would have still been far too later so perhaps it was a set down only job?

What is worrying though about the tracking is the amount of buses not serving areas. I will say, this is just where tracking shows the bus clearly didn't serve an area (with multiple tracking points off the route).
08:30 Alt - Knuts missed out the estate. Ticket machine turned off just before Mobberley (did it serve Longridge?
09:45 Knuts - Alt missed Morley Green
09:47 Knuts - Macc missed Well Bank Lane in Peover
10:55 Macc - Alt missed Well Bank Lane in Peover
12:45 Alt - Macc missed Ollerton
12:55 Macc - Alt missed Well Bank Lane in Peover
13:45 Alt - Knuts missed Morley Green
15:55 Alt - Macc went via Ollerton when they shouldn't have done then missed Chelford
16:55 Macc - Alt missed Ollerton and Morley Green
18:15 Macc - Wilms is noted above
18:50 Alt - Knuts missed Wilmslow Estate and logged off machine near Mobberley (did it serve Longridge?)
18:45 Macc - Knuts ran via Ollerton instead of via Barclays and Toft