Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
D&G Bus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: D&G Bus (/showthread.php?tid=96)

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 25/11/2020 09:28

(25/11/2020 08:55)T42 PVM Wrote:  Using Bus Times yesterday i counted 59 Buses allocated there

Will the buses at Cannock liking be transferring to D&G or could there be some swaps so some vehicles Arriva want to keep get moved/swapped for a bus at another depot?

RE: D&G Bus - T42 PVM - 25/11/2020 09:42

(25/11/2020 09:28)knutstransport Wrote:  Will the buses at Cannock liking be transferring to D&G or could there be some swaps so some vehicles Arriva want to keep get moved/swapped for a bus at another depot?

No idea, Cannock has a mixed fleet so might see some swaps take place

RE: D&G Bus - iMarkeh - 25/11/2020 11:32

I think it will be interesting to see what D&G get for the longer distance services. D&G seem to not like Heavyweight Wrights (Pulsars/Eclipses/Solars) and so I do wonder if some swaps may happen with the wider Peddle operators.

I also wonder what the plans are for the areas given that D&G and Select won't compete of course and it's quite a big jump into the area which is covered by select. I think the Stafford to Doxey will be withdrawn and given to Select. Depending on where the money is coming from (Ie Centrebus group or Jullian Peddle), it may not be unreasonable for Select to get the Stafford locals and for D&G to concentrate on Cannock (though that would mean a smaller depot etc).

RE: D&G Bus - Depotosw - 25/11/2020 11:33

(25/11/2020 09:42)T42 PVM Wrote:  No idea, Cannock has a mixed fleet so might so some swaps take place

They have been swapping the newer stock out of Cannock for the last 18 months if not longer which gave the initial warning signs, i.e. Streetlites, Pulsars, the last two Pulsars 3742/3 have just moved to Tamworth and older Cadets replaced them. Some of the 58 plate B7RLEs are on loan to Milton Keynes and will probably never return.

Some of the newer and repainted SB200's (Centro and Commanders) may get swapped out, particularly as there are ex Milton Keynes Scanias helping with school dupes at Telford that were parked at Cannock so would expect those to be part of Cannock on disposal but who knows for sure.

Safe to say the Darts, majority of Commanders if not all, various Solos and perhaps Solo SRs will go. The older B7RLEs are close to end of life, the 58 plate ones may perhaps join the sisters at Milton Keynes. Telford has some older stock also that would be a perfect fit to be swapped around.

All in all, a sad end with Arriva operations to once was the head office for Midland Red North / Arriva Midlands North. The loss is more than Cannock really if you consider they closed the Stafford depot in 2016 and merged the operation into Cannock and what about the Chase Coaches work taken on back in 2007, all gone!

RE: D&G Bus - T42 PVM - 25/11/2020 11:54

Also regarding the Depot, Apparently its now leased and operating at only 50% so D&G might not even stay there long term if thats correct

RE: D&G Bus - pete tierney - 25/11/2020 12:39

(25/11/2020 11:54)T42 PVM Wrote:  Also regarding the Depot, Apparently its now leased and operating at only 50% so D&G might not even stay there long term if thats correct

Think we have to bear in mind that it is currently only proposed, as per the staff notice, but often when things get to the point of being made public it usually happens.

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 25/11/2020 17:26

So the VOSA thread confirms the 5, 30, 71 & 73 won't be reinstated, at least not with D&G operating them. The 30 perhaps is no surprise given it never started and the funding from the Better Bus Fund got diverted such as to subside the 130.

RE: D&G Bus - M60lad - 26/11/2020 07:39

Not to sure if its related but over the past couple of years Arriva have been cutting various routes in/around Stafford/Midlands.

For example they no longer operate Wolverhampton-Cannock routes with Select now running them.

It might be wrong but according to Bus Times Arriva no longer operate 12 Stafford-Doxey service with this operated fully every 30mins by Select.

Also Cannock Depot rationalised their Cannock routes over the past couple of years as a result of National Express West Midlands introducing various new services that take them now into Litchfield and Cannock.

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 26/11/2020 08:32

At least one Streetlite is back at Wincham.

RE: D&G Bus - Depotosw - 26/11/2020 10:54

(26/11/2020 07:39)M60lad Wrote:  Not to sure if its related but over the past couple of years Arriva have been cutting various routes in/around Stafford/Midlands.

For example they no longer operate Wolverhampton-Cannock routes with Select now running them.

Not quite, Arriva operate a 70 Cannock to Wolverhampton, when they binned off the longer 71 version which Select took on (70/71 was then 30 minute frequency combined) they increased the 70 to 30 minutes, although later changes on a Saturday saw some 70 workings do short workings to Featherstone and thus hourly to Wolverhampton in the afternoon. Since covid the service is hourly I gather. One notable service seemingly lost is the 1 Cannock to Walsall, suspended upon covid and never returned. Will be interesting to see if the D&G and related companies deal goes through if this will return.