Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Rotala - Prestonbus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Rotala - Prestonbus (/showthread.php?tid=89)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Rotala - Prestonbus - robertclark125 - 01/05/2016 15:37

I'm afraid I don't. All I have is a photo that a friend put on Facebook this morning.

RE: Rotala - Prestonbus - motormayhem1 - 01/05/2016 16:50

(01/05/2016 13:19)robertclark125 Wrote:  Anyone know why there's a Preston Bus versa at the Rotherham depot of First South Yorkshire?

Is it plain white or in the prestonbus park and ride livery?

RE: Rotala - Prestonbus - robertclark125 - 02/05/2016 08:05

In the Preston Bus livery. Still has fleetnames as well.

RE: Rotala - Prestonbus - pete tierney - 03/05/2016 08:54

(01/05/2016 13:19)robertclark125 Wrote:  Anyone know why there's a Preston Bus versa at the Rotherham depot of First South Yorkshire?

Its possible its there for work to be carried out on it. I believe Rotherham carry out work for third parties as well as First.

Rotala buys Elite minibus - DOG101 - 15/07/2016 19:36

Blackpool Gazette reports that Rotala Preston bus have purchased small Blackpool coach company Elite Minibus. Possible further expansion into the Fylde?[/i]

A fylde coach and minibus company has been snapped up by the company which runs Preston’s buses.

Birmingham-based Rotala has invested £200,000 to buy Elite Minibus and Coach Services.

The firm based in Feltons Yard, Higher Moor Road, Blackpool, has a range of four to 53 seater vehicles and has been established on the Fylde for 28 years.

In a statement to the stock market, Rotala said: “This acquisition will broaden the range of services which Preston Bus is able to offer in this area of Lancashire and add to its geographical reach.”

Last month it raised £2.4m through a share placing to have a fighting fund for new acquisitions.

Rotala has had a turnover in the past couple of years of just over £50m and is aiming to generate revenue approaching £85m following its expansion.

Courtesy of http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk

RE: Rotala buys Elite minibus - Mayneway - 15/07/2016 21:49

(15/07/2016 19:36)DOG101 Wrote:  Blackpool Gazette reports that Rotala Preston bus have purchased small Blackpool coach company Elite Minibus. Possible further expansion into the Fylde?[/i]

A fylde coach and minibus company has been snapped up by the company which runs Preston’s buses.

Birmingham-based Rotala has invested £200,000 to buy Elite Minibus and Coach Services.

The firm based in Feltons Yard, Higher Moor Road, Blackpool, has a range of four to 53 seater vehicles and has been established on the Fylde for 28 years.

In a statement to the stock market, Rotala said: “This acquisition will broaden the range of services which Preston Bus is able to offer in this area of Lancashire and add to its geographical reach.”

Last month it raised £2.4m through a share placing to have a fighting fund for new acquisitions.

Rotala has had a turnover in the past couple of years of just over £50m and is aiming to generate revenue approaching £85m following its expansion.

Courtesy of http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk

Quite a strange acquirement really. Don't know much about Rotala outside of the North west but do they operate anything coach wise?
It's not as if there buying into a company that has general stage carriage work so will be interesting to see where they go with it.
It's a bit like stagecoach Manchester buying swans travel lol.

RE: Rotala - Prestonbus - motormayhem1 - 16/07/2016 00:15

Could possibly be just for the ops discs etc rather than the coaches etc

RE: Rotala - Prestonbus - Mayneway - 16/07/2016 04:42

(16/07/2016 00:15)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Could possibly be just for the ops discs etc rather than the coaches etc

True but I always thought Preston bus had a pretty large VA anyway but hasn't another Rotala group recently had a forced licence reduction? I'm wondering if its a 'cover all corners' attempt to have an extra ops licence/disks incase of future possible PIs but only time will tell.

RE: Rotala - Prestonbus - Metroline1511 - 30/07/2016 21:31

Given that PrestonBus have taken over from Transdev on the Skipton route, they seem to want to be the strong 2nd operator in West Lancs behind Stagecoach.

RE: Rotala - Prestonbus - robertclark125 - 31/07/2016 13:24

Preston Bus already operate six Dennis Tridents on schools work in Blackpool. They rent space from Jacksons coaches, and the vehicles move on a Wednesday and Friday to and from Preston. By owning a depot in Blackpool, and having staff there, they won't need to pay rent, and have no maintainence facilities that they can use.

With regards to the Rotala subsidiary that had a reduction in its VA, that was in the west midlands, and had nothing to do with the North west. And even then, despite the problems in Kidderminster, I think that VA reduction was a long time ago.