Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Stagecoach MCSL - Preston Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach MCSL - Preston Depot (/showthread.php?tid=88)

RE: Stagecoach - Preston and Chorley Depots - gilbert - 22/11/2013 19:00

I was up at Rivington today[lovely on a day like today],walked down to the main road and caught a 125 [15569] to Bolton at about quarter past three. A large group of school children got on in Horwich. They were the worst behaved group of school children I have ever seen on a bus and made the trip for the rest of the passengers a nightmare. You have to wonder what they are actually ''taught'' at whichever school[s] they attend. Is there any company policy regarding the supply of buses to some schools but not apparently to others?

RE: Stagecoach - Preston and Chorley Depots - M60lad - 23/11/2013 07:04

That will be Rivington and Blackrod High School, kids there have always been the same from what I've been told by various drivers I know, just out of interest in what way was it the worst behavior you've come across

RE: Stagecoach - Preston and Chorley Depots - gilbert - 23/11/2013 19:17

(23/11/2013 07:04)M60lad Wrote:  That will be Rivington and Blackrod High School, kids there have always been the same from what I've been told by various drivers I know, just out of interest in what way was it the worst behavior you've come across

Appalling language, excessive almost non-stop loudness [screaming and shouting],acting like trapeze artists, climbing all over and swinging on seats and luggage/shopping storage area. And that was only downstairs. I've no idea what went on upstairs-dread to think almost.

RE: Stagecoach - Preston and Chorley Depots - SLTRegular - 24/11/2013 15:21

Thats quite normal for Schoolkids. St Peters Catholic in Orrell are badly behaved so are Deanery Chuch Of England in Wigan who famously torched the Arriva Bus at Orrell Post 2012? i think it was?

RE: Stagecoach - Preston and Chorley Depots - CX54 DKD - 24/11/2013 15:37

(24/11/2013 15:21)SLTRegular Wrote:  Thats quite normal for Schoolkids.
That's an incredibly sweeping and largely unfair statement. You're basing an entire opinion of school children on experiences of notoriously poorly behaved schools? Certainly at my previous secondary school, there are no such issues as I'm sure there aren't at many others locally and around the country.

Understandably it's annoying and uncomfortable to witness the kind of behaviour mentioned but it's also grossly incorrect to suggest that all school children making use of public transport are the same. Were you?

As I mentioned in another thread this week though, these threads are primarily intended for operational news of the associated companies so if you wish to discuss behaviour of passengers etc., I'd suggest that threads in the Off Topic section would be more appropriate.

RE: Stagecoach - Preston and Chorley Depots - robertclark125 - 24/11/2013 17:28

What vehicle does Preston depot put out on the Evening and sunday tendered journeys on Preston Bus route 14?

RE: Stagecoach - Preston and Chorley Depots - gilbert - 24/11/2013 21:17

(24/11/2013 15:37)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(24/11/2013 15:21)SLTRegular Wrote:  Thats quite normal for Schoolkids.
That's an incredibly sweeping and largely unfair statement. You're basing an entire opinion of school children on experiences of notoriously poorly behaved schools? Certainly at my previous secondary school, there are no such issues as I'm sure there aren't at many others locally and around the country.

Understandably it's annoying and uncomfortable to witness the kind of behaviour mentioned but it's also grossly incorrect to suggest that all school children making use of public transport are the same. Were you?

As I mentioned in another thread this week though, these threads are primarily intended for operational news of the associated companies so if you wish to discuss behaviour of passengers etc., I'd suggest that threads in the Off Topic section would be more appropriate.

My initial question regarding company policy[if there is one] on the allocation of school buses remains unanswered. Regarding your first paragraph, I totally agree and repeat that this lot of kids were miles worse than any others I have seen-ever.

RE: Stagecoach - Preston and Chorley Depots - M113 YKC - 21/01/2014 17:47

It was nice to see SPD 33177 on the 2A in Ormskirk today!

RE: Stagecoach - Preston and Chorley Depots - GmBusesNorth - 22/01/2014 00:56

(24/11/2013 15:21)SLTRegular Wrote:  Thats quite normal for Schoolkids. St Peters Catholic in Orrell are badly behaved so are Deanery Chuch Of England in Wigan who famously torched the Arriva Bus at Orrell Post 2012? i think it was?

St peters badly behaved??? Are you having a laugh?

RE: Stagecoach - Preston and Chorley Depots - mathias - 25/02/2014 16:33

"((((Wi-Fi" branded 13-plate Scania/Enviro400 deckers getting more regular on X2 service.

15910 (PE13 LSV) on it today, 15906 (PE13 LSL) on it yesterday, along with (PE13 LSK).
I notice they're 551kg lighter than the 15466-15474 batch (with their heavier Transito coach seats), so they're presumably more economical.