Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot (/showthread.php?tid=834)

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - 33109 - 06/11/2016 08:21

When the oxford rd new layout is complete it'll definitely put a helluva more pressure on brook st.

The regular commuters will probably continue using the 130. During the day as already said south of parrs wood there isn't much trade.

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - djb - 06/11/2016 09:54

(05/11/2016 15:25)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm not even sure running limited stop would work. There is no point in running Limited Stops in GM due to traffic congestion and poor road management. ie. constant red lights. Note that Stagecoach have dropped the limited stop X41 along Wilmslow Road/Oxford Road. Must admit the timing is a bit unfortunate for out-patients like me, as with the 50 reverting back to the original route (Princess Street rather than Portland Street) it means buses from (close to) Piccadilly to the back of MRI has gone from 8 an hour to one an hour overnight.

I was thinking limited stop simply to artificially limit the passenger numbers so the existing 130 passengers don't get faced with a full bus of it was stagecoach run.

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - knutstransport - 13/11/2016 10:05

Just a thought, apart from the 19 service do Arriva still operate on any other routes which used to be operated by Starline Travel? I recall when North Western took Starline they kept the Starline branding on the 19 Altrincham-Manchester Airport route which had brand new Dennis Darts and branded it as a premium route when a lot of the other North Western routes got quite old Leyland Nationals.

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - trixmax2000 - 13/11/2016 17:25

(13/11/2016 10:05)knutstransport Wrote:  Just a thought, apart from the 19 service do Arriva still operate on any other routes which used to be operated by Starline Travel? I recall when North Western took Starline they kept the Starline branding on the 19 Altrincham-Manchester Airport route which had brand new Dennis Darts and branded it as a premium route when a lot of the other North Western routes got quite old Leyland Nationals.

Do not remember Dart's on this they did get a batch of Scania L113CRL's for the service http://flickrhivemind.net/blackmagic.cgi?id=13299928205&url=http%3A%2F%2Fflickrhivemind.net%2FTags%2Fnorthwestern%252Cscania%2FRece​nt%3Fsearch_type%3DTags%26textinput%3Dnorth

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - knutstransport - 13/11/2016 18:39

(13/11/2016 17:25)trixmax2000 Wrote:  Do not remember Dart's on this they did get a batch of Scania L113CRL's for the service http://flickrhivemind.net/blackmagic.cgi?id=13299928205&url=http%3A%2F%2Fflickrhivemind.net%2FTags%2Fnorthwestern%252Cscania%2FRece​nt%3Fsearch_type%3DTags%26textinput%3Dnorth

You're right. I was thinking of the M reg buses that got used on the old 288 route which were step entry Darts but the 19 route Scanias I think were one of the first types of low floor buses and were only acquired due to GMPTE funding

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - M60lad - 14/11/2016 07:09

The only other former Starline route that's still going and operated by Wythenshawe Depot that I can think off is 247 Trafford Centre-Altrincham via Partington service although the route has had a few changes the past couple of years and it doesnt venture to Eccles anymore.

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - 33109 - 14/11/2016 07:20

Tbh can't blame arriva for cutting it back to the trafford centre. It was becoming a right pig just trying to keep to the timetable going into eccles from alty.

Very lengthy route plus there was only ever a few passengers that used it into eccles.

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - knutstransport - 14/11/2016 10:58

(14/11/2016 07:09)M60lad Wrote:  The only other former Starline route that's still going and operated by Wythenshawe Depot that I can think off is 247 Trafford Centre-Altrincham via Partington service although the route has had a few changes the past couple of years and it doesnt venture to Eccles anymore.

I don't think they'll be any non-Wythenshawe depot routes which are former Starline routes as all the bus operations which weren't Wythenshawe based initially transferred there and while a few Cheshire routes got transferred elsewhere I think only the 27 and 300 still survive and neither of those are currently Arriva.

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - Metroline1511 - 19/11/2016 21:40

(14/11/2016 07:09)M60lad Wrote:  The only other former Starline route that's still going and operated by Wythenshawe Depot that I can think off is 247 Trafford Centre-Altrincham via Partington service although the route has had a few changes the past couple of years and it doesnt venture to Eccles anymore.

I found this out when I considered an Arriva loop including routes 10 & 247. The curtailment of route 247, and loss of route 79 to Go Goodwins, has made route 10 seem out on a limb for Arriva. Meanwhile, it has had its Hybrid double-decks replaced by slightly older diesel single-decks. I would therefore not be disappointed to see Arriva drop the route and First (or Stagecoach) work it.

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - Metroline1511 - 19/11/2016 22:07

(19/11/2016 22:00)Dentonian Wrote:  Never say never, but I doubt either would be interested; First have just dropped the competing 110 and if Arriva felt is was unprofitable, Stagecoach certainly wouldn't be interested. In a way, its always been isolated because it is run by BO and not WY, but in terms of Ecomonies of Scale, transferring it to WY would be seen as a nail in the coffin of BO depot. OTOH, conversion to single-deck means buses could be more easily accomodated at WY, which I gather has height restrictions affecting part of the site. It would also make more sense, if the service ran to Piccadilly rather than Shudehill. This would also be useful in restoring a connection to Salford Royal to those of us east of the "great divide", lost since First pulled the 41 back from Eccles

Maybe the forthcoming transfer of route 130 from WY to Macclesfield will eventually lead to route 10 transferring to WY from BO? First have therefore pulled both route 41 & 110 in the area, route 41 having been relatively short-lived. I am thankful that I rode route 41 from Eccles to Oxford Road in Nov '14 while I had a chance.