Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Impera Bus & Coach - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Impera Bus & Coach (/showthread.php?tid=8)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Impera Bus & Coach - CX54 DKD - 18/08/2012 09:20

Mark makes a sound point, as has been said before, members need to be 100% sure their posts are substantiated and can be justified before even typing a word in the reply box. He also makes a good, and fair, point that Impera are still largely a new operator and, as we have seen, have placed a large amount of investment into their fleet and, as such, should be allowed an amount of leeway in the early days of the newly acquired contracts.

I would, however, remind everyone that we do have the report feature available - if problems are arising with reference to unfair comments toward operators etc. then they can be dealt with very quickly as soon as we're made aware of them (for example, via the reports channel).

RE: Impera Bus & Coach - mathias - 18/08/2012 11:33

(18/08/2012 06:11)27701 Wrote:  I also used the 20:43 departure from Walton Vale - MPD V164 MVK (2164) - which arrived after 21:00 - but, again, with a friendly driver at the wheel.

I think you might mean (V164 MVX).
This seems to be an ex-Stagecoach London Dart judging by the corporate Stagecoach 'Beachball' moquette.

This one had fully-working green displays (LEDs? Flip Dots?), nice enough bus considering its age.

RE: Impera Bus & Coach - M113 YKC - 18/08/2012 20:48

(18/08/2012 11:33)mathias Wrote:  
(18/08/2012 06:11)27701 Wrote:  I also used the 20:43 departure from Walton Vale - MPD V164 MVK (2164) - which arrived after 21:00 - but, again, with a friendly driver at the wheel.

Yep - that's the one! I went out to ride on the 30 today and it seemed that the service was running every hour, rather than every 30 minutes. I tried to ride on the service twice and I gave up both times because nothing showed up. The two buses that I seen on there were 2164 and the KV03 MPD. Merseytravel staff were hovering around the bus stop on Sir Thomas Street in Liverpool, noting-down journeys that didn't show. Also, the first Old Roan-bound 130 from Queen Square Bus Station didn't show up and the second didn't, either! It was at 19:25, six minutes after the third journey was due, that I decided to make other arrangements... Drivers, though - faultless!

RE: Impera Bus & Coach - R879 HRF - 18/08/2012 22:17

Do the olympians see regular use on service work these days, or are they still only used on schools? Desperate to get on AV10, one day...

RE: Impera Bus & Coach - msteens - 18/08/2012 23:22

I have always took on board positive and negative comments, some people on this forum sometimes help with there comments, but there are also people who lie about things, for what reason i don't know. When i hear a journey has not run and i investigate and find it has run through evidence of a waybill or tracking it is very upsetting to think that someone would make up such rubbish. I always make enthusiasts welcome at our depot and alway take onboard suggestions they make. We have had some staffing problems with the new 30 route, and i have addressed this. The route was never supposed to start it was planned and registered by a former manager and i tried to cancel the registration but without success giving impera 10 days to find the addition staff to operate this service. We can only try our best but it is a true fact that our tendered operations must take priority over commercial operations. That is why the 30 service is currently disrupted i am doing my upmost to rectify this situation by employing more driver increasing the rate of pay from £8.00 per hr to £8.75 for day and £9.25 for lates which is quite a hike in pay, if anyone has any valid suggestion or reports of non running or driver conduct email me at info@imperabus.com or call in the depot to see me.

Mark

RE: Impera Bus & Coach - K101HUM - 18/08/2012 23:23

This post is in reply to various comments in the issue of discussing perceived 'negatives' with operators:

In the same light however, it brings a negative reputation to the forum. Despite the 'Merseyside' name, the site is no longer a focal point for local operators. Its now on a national scale, and people and companies alike reading these pages should take note of this fact, its no longer predominantly Merseyside focus nor are the people who use it. Its the local enthusiasts, though, who kop for most of the flack sheerly because of the original focus of the site from day dot, that being the Merseyside bus scene.

This forum has been in this light before, some well documented and some not so well documented. Its in the best interests of the forum and its rightful owner to control the POTENTIALLY slanderous and libellous comments which are posted on the pages and therefore can resemble a united opinion, in the eyes of some readers, of the forum as an entity.

Feel free to 'discuss' such happenings, though when the time comes for many to pursue their hobby and attempt to gain access into operators yards for photographs and plain curiosity or interest in any given fleet, its this that comes around to bite us ALL on the proverbial backside. Everybody is tarred with the same brush, and in my opinion its downright wrong as the majority try to use such sites as this simply as a source of information.

As stated earlier the forum has been the epicentre of bad press in the past from what has been posted, either intentionally in some cases or just not engaging brain before typing a strongly worded post on a public domain. This has been noted by many, many people in all walks of the industry. Its now in the best interests of the forum and its associated team of administrators and moderators to kerb this to regain a more positive reputation.

Please folks, if you do have issues please conduct them in a more civil manor. As the saying goes, never do the dirty washing in public. No enthusiast or firm for that matter benefits, it only hinders.

RE: Impera Bus & Coach - msteens - 18/08/2012 23:25

(18/08/2012 22:17)P493 MBY Wrote:  Do the olympians see regular use on service work these days, or are they still only used on schools? Desperate to get on AV10, one day...

Sorry the olympians are normally just for schools, unless it is used as a spare vehicle. but very rare. P490MBY is currently in for MOT Prep.

Mark

RE: Impera Bus & Coach - M113 YKC - 18/08/2012 23:30

I've sent you a private message (PM), Mark.

RE: Impera Bus & Coach - msteens - 18/08/2012 23:33

(18/08/2012 20:48)27701 Wrote:  
(18/08/2012 11:33)mathias Wrote:  

Yep - that's the one! I went out to ride on the 30 today and it seemed that the service was running every hour, rather than every 30 minutes. I tried to ride on the service twice and I gave up both times because nothing showed up. The two buses that I seen on there were 2164 and the KV03 MPD. Merseytravel staff were hovering around the bus stop on Sir Thomas Street in Liverpool, noting-down journeys that didn't show. Also, the first Old Roan-bound 130 from Queen Square Bus Station didn't show up and the second didn't, either! It was at 19:25, six minutes after the third journey was due, that I decided to make other arrangements... Drivers, though - faultless!

I will be investigating this first thing in the morning and checking the waybills of the drivers concerned, i will also check our tracking for the journeys concerned, rest assured the buses left the depot on time i have checked with the late supervisor if there has been any reported problems, non have been reported except a bus exchange at woodside at 19:24 with no loss of miles. If i find drivers are missing journeys they will be finding new jobs because i wont tolerate this in the slightest. I pay a good wages and i expext the best in return.

RE: Impera Bus & Coach - J654UHN - 18/08/2012 23:38

Thats only fair Mark as you get it in the neck from Merseytravel. If routes have issues so if its found drivers are running late for no reason why should you get it in the neck when its them