Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot (/showthread.php?tid=766)

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 04/08/2014 18:52

According to the Merseytravel website , it looks like something has been dumping oil or diesel onto the roads of Wallasey , with the southbound carriageway of Gorsey lane closed to the Dock Road from the Mersey Tunnel Roundabout , also the road between Gorsey Lane and Poulton Bridge Roundabout being closed.

This may have sorted itself out by now , but would have caused some delay to the 410 .

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 06/08/2014 16:09

Spital Road (Bromborough)

Route 2 will travel as normal from Liverpool City Centre to New Chester Road, then via Old Hall Road, (u-turn at roundabout), New Chester Road, Bromborough Village Road, New Chester Road, then as normal route (omitting Croft Avenue East, Spital Road and a section of Bromborough Village Road). This service will return as normal to Bromborough Village Road, then via New Chester Road, then as normal route (omitting Spital Road and Croft Avenue East).

Route 118 will travel as normal to Boundary Road, then via New Chester Road, Caldbeck Road, Bassendale Road, Old Hall Road, New Chester Road, Mark Rake, then as normal route to Mill Park (omitting Croft Avenue East and Spital Road). This service will return as normal to Bromborough Village Road, then via New Chester Road, then as normal route (omitting Bromborough Village Road, Spital Road and Croft Avenue East).

Route 119 will travel as normal to Church Road, then via Spital Road, Croft Road East, Caldbeck Road, Bassendale Road, Old Hall Road, New Chester Road, Bromborough Village Road, then as normal route to Mill Park (omitting Croft Avenue East and Spital Road). This service will return as normal to Bromborough Village Road, then via New Chester Road, Croft Avenue East, Spital Road, Church Road, then as normal route (omitting Bromborough Village Raod and a section of Spital Road).

Route 218 will travel as normal to Boundary Road, then via New Chester Road, Caldbeck Road, Bassendale Road, Old Hall Road, New Chester Road, Mark Rake, then as normal route to Mill Park (omitting Croft Avenue East and Spital Road). This service will return as normal to Bromborough Village Road, then via New Chester Road, then as normal route (omitting Bromborough Village Road, Spital Road and Croft Avenue East).

Route 418 will travel as normal to Boundary Road, then via New Chester Road, Caldbeck Road, Bassendale Road, Old Hall Road, New Chester Road, Mark Rake, then as normal route to Mill Park (omitting Croft Avenue East and Spital Road). This service will return as normal to Bromborough Village Road, then via New Chester Road, then as normal route (omitting Bromborough Village Road, Spital Road and Croft Avenue East).

Route 419 will travel as normal to Church Road, then via Spital Road, Croft Road East, Caldbeck Road, Bassendale Road, Old Hall Road, New Chester Road, Bromborough Village Road, then as normal route to Mill Park (omitting Croft Avenue East and Spital Road). This service will return as normal to Bromborough Village Road, then via New Chester Road, Croft Avenue East, Spital Road, Church Road, then as normal route (omitting Bromborough Village Raod and a section of Spital Road).

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - L2SLT - 06/08/2014 19:32

Hi guys long time no see as Steve Dave has been updating the fleetlists on here,today afternoon time at around 3pm i was shocked what was on the 410 -Woodside it was a DAF Mylleniuum did not catch its fleet number as i was too far away and i thought they were long gone from Laird Street Depot.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 06/08/2014 19:57

It's been mentioned that a number of them are on loan here.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - 2829 - 07/08/2014 17:00

The two Solos have arrived freshly painted. Farewell 819 and 886!

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 07/08/2014 17:29

Now they have Two solos we all know where one will go , i suspect the other one will see some use on the 492 and 495

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - busdude - 07/08/2014 19:50

(07/08/2014 17:29)wirralbus Wrote:  Now they have Two solos we all know where one will go , i suspect the other one will see some use on the 492 and 495

I hope so, it'll be unusual to see a solo on them two services

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - LJ51 DDA - 07/08/2014 21:17

Those being CX57CZA (0670) and CX58CYZ (0669) former Stockport Metroshuttle vehicles on Service 300.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - 2829 - 08/08/2014 08:49

Normally, one will see use on the 175 with the other as a the 'back up' in the yard. But, as with Laird St being rather short at the moment I suspect both will enter service with 819 & 886 still in use. However I am just speculating.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 08/08/2014 10:47

(08/08/2014 08:49)2829 Wrote:  Normally, one will see use on the 175 with the other as a the 'back up' in the yard. But, as with Laird St being rather short at the moment I suspect both will enter service with 819 & 886 still in use. However I am just speculating.

With Solos , being a bit more reliable than MPD's can see the spare being used on the 492/5 just and if needed then it can be swopped out at the earliest opportunity passing the depot .