Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot (/showthread.php?tid=766)

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Myllenium2453 - 03/10/2015 18:02

Well when passengers start dropping like flies on hot days due to extreme hot temperatures with any luck they will do something about it.

Also they need to give yhe drivers a heating control in the cab so they can shut off the heaters on hot days instead of having to ask for it to be done.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 03/10/2015 21:15

(03/10/2015 18:02)Myllenium2453 Wrote:  Also they need to give yhe drivers a heating control in the cab so they can shut off the heaters on hot days instead of having to ask for it to be done.

This is something that is particularly rare on buses these days. I remember they had similar problems on the cross river enviro400s, and the hybrids, problem being that the automatic saloon heating was never coming on in freezing cold. The Enviro400s had buttons enabled on dash to turn saloon heaters on either hot or cold (albeit when set to hot still blew cold half the time), and the hybrids have since been modified so the driver can set the saloon temperature, and so far that ive seen it seems to be ok.

On a lot of the older buses, the interior heating has to be on all summer to help take heat off the engine to prevent it overheating, hence why stagecoach wirrals scania solars are all like saunas in summer

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - YK53 GXO - 05/10/2015 14:57

Hybrid MX13 ACV (4533) is on the 2 today.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 05/10/2015 15:48

Its a bit like a bag of pix n mix at the moment .

The Streetlite's being used on other routes probably means one thing that in the future this bus will be the new single decker of choice.

As noted the window situation will have to be looked at again

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - T42 PVM - 05/10/2015 20:57

One of the Gemini 1's broke down by Tranmere FC today while operating the 464

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - E400 - 06/10/2015 08:21

There was also a Myllennium on the 423s last night - I've personally not seen that before, usually a Pulsar or a Streetlite

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Myllenium2453 - 06/10/2015 09:50

I used to live in Stavordale Road on the 423 run and used to see them often on the 423 ehen they were the primary single deck vehicles along with the cadets and between both types of vehicles the service was quite good but since these stupid vdl things appeared its a case of services turning up when they feel like it.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - E400 - 06/10/2015 10:25

(06/10/2015 09:50)Myllenium2453 Wrote:  I used to live in Stavordale Road on the 423 run and used to see them often on the 423 ehen they were the primary single deck vehicles along with the cadets and between both types of vehicles the service was quite good but since these stupid vdl things appeared its a case of services turning up when they feel like it.

I was surprised that they don't make it on there more often- they are a good bus, particularly for 15 years old!

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - E400 - 06/10/2015 10:26

If they had seats other than the urban 90,s and the rattles were sorted they'd be excellent!

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Myllenium2453 - 06/10/2015 15:54

Maybe its time to see if we can all persuade arriva to put them through refurbishments with new up to date engine/gearbox combinations then as well as new comfortable seats for all on board including the driver.

I agree they are a damn good bus. If I had the money ( which unfortunately I don't ) I woild buy 1 of them and put it through a full refurb including the cab before showing it to Arriva to let them see hoe good the vehicles could be then we wouldn't need the rubbish vdl's anymore because to me they are only suitable for totally flat routes which do not have any hills at all.

Come on Arriva get your butts in gear and lets see refurbished myllenniums in service and no vdl's.