Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot (/showthread.php?tid=766)

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - YN05 WKE - 23/08/2015 14:38

anyone intrested streetlites seen today are 6004 on 410 and 6005 on 487

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - E400 - 23/08/2015 21:23

(23/08/2015 18:53)wirralbus Wrote:  How many of the streetlites are actually required PVR for the full weekday service is it 5 or 6 , if its 5 the last one will never get branded as it will be multi route vehicle.

Even so, I'd still brand it as Cross River- stick unused ones on the 423 at night when the PVR on the 487 reduces and put unused Streetlite(s) on the 2 in the day, freeing up unbranded Pulsars etc for Wirral only services. Even then the odd one will find its way onto the 410, 418 or whatever, but its not a frequent occurrence.

I think Arriva should definitely consider sticking any unused Streetlites on the 2 anyway once Stagecoach 'go gold', so that they stay at a competitive standard.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 23/08/2015 21:33

The service 2 jobs should be sapphire standard vehicles to keep up with the Standard that Stagecoach Gold vehicles will give to passengers.

Otherwise the standard of vehicles will become lob-sided towards Stagecoach.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - E400 - 23/08/2015 21:44

(23/08/2015 21:33)wirralbus Wrote:  The service 2 jobs should be sapphire standard vehicles to keep up with the Standard that Stagecoach Gold vehicles will give to passengers.

Otherwise the standard of vehicles will become lob-sided towards Stagecoach.

It'd be great if that were to be the case, but sadly I doubt it would happen. I think Arriva would probably want a share of the 1 as well if they were to make that investment, but as far as I'm aware that's not possible with the McArthurGlenn saga?

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 23/08/2015 22:08

I thought they ordered 6 streetlites because the 487 was supposed to go every 20 minutes, or so it was said, therefore although it's pvr is 5 now, it will be 6 should this happen. Not heard anything about it in a while.

EDIT just checked, it is to stay at every 30 mins.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - CX54 DKD - 23/08/2015 22:11

Quick reminder - if any member has issue with something posted, please make use of the report button so it can be dealt with by a member of the forum team as deemed appropriate. Posting in the thread does nothing other than derail it so please avoid doing so.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - YN05 WKE - 25/08/2015 11:07

Streetlite on 409 today

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Penny Return - 26/08/2015 05:29

Yesterday afternoon when travelling on 2 gems on 437 noticed on the upper front seat on both
had been vandalised with a circular piece removed from the seats,had recently been done with
the cut out piece laying on the floor,makes you wonder if any more had been treated in this way

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - SK15 GZG - 26/08/2015 14:08

(26/08/2015 05:29)Penny Return Wrote:  Yesterday afternoon when travelling on 2 gems on 437 noticed on the upper front seat on both
had been vandalised with a circular piece removed from the seats,had recently been done with
the cut out piece laying on the floor,makes you wonder if any more had been treated in this way

I was on one a few weeks ago and at least one of the windows had been etched and the seat back in front of me had also been vandalised. It's a shame that some small minded individuals find it acceptable to needlessly vandalise buses - I'm willing to bet that they wouldn't like it if somebody vandalised their property

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 26/08/2015 14:39

Unfortunately most vehicles will suffer some form of vandalism , but we can not these mindless vandal's change bus companies operating practices .

The majority are law abiding passengers who enjoy the comfortable seating on those Gemini double deckers on the 437.