Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
TransPennine Express - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Transport (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Railways (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: TransPennine Express (/showthread.php?tid=74)

RE: TransPennine Express - childwallblues - 20/10/2016 05:42

The two DVTs are 82101 and 82126 which are currently at RVEL Derby.

RE: TransPennine Express - mikestone - 20/10/2016 12:47

I haven't been past recently but both appeared to have had work started then abandoned when last seen.

RE: TransPennine Express - knutstransport - 20/10/2016 14:07

(19/10/2016 18:33)mikestone Wrote:  The franchise requirement is for the two mark 3 sets to be refurbished before use, but the dates appear to be inconsistent.

One date says available for service by and the other says in service by, so the former suggests available for special events or days when they are expecting unusually large flows while the latter suggests scheduled in for regular use.

RE: TransPennine Express - mikestone - 20/10/2016 18:35

But the first date has gone! My assumption was that the first occurrence of the date was changed, but with the usual utter uselessness of people producing documentation in the transport industry, overlooked the other two occurrences.

RE: TransPennine Express - boby32 - 22/10/2016 08:27

Technical data sheet of the future class 397

http://www.caf.net/en/productos-servicios/proyectos/proyecto-detalle.php?p=286

RE: TransPennine Express - mikestone - 22/10/2016 11:28

(22/10/2016 08:27)boby32 Wrote:  Technical data sheet of the future class 397

These are for Manchester/Liverpool-Glasgow - apologies for my earlier reference to IEPs, which are for trans-Pennine services.

RE: TransPennine Express - mikestone - 22/10/2016 11:35

(22/10/2016 08:27)boby32 Wrote:  Technical data sheet of the future class 397

These are for Manchester/Liverpool-Glasgow - apologies for my earlier reference to IEPs, which are for trans-Pennine services.
;
Interestingly the features it chooses to mention are substantially different to those on the Northern units on
http://www.caf.net/en/productos-servicios/proyectos/proyecto-detalle.php?p=280

RE: TransPennine Express - wirralbus - 22/10/2016 12:18

290 seats for 5 coaches , seems a bit low .

how does that compare with a 350/4 as a four car unit ?

RE: TransPennine Express - knutstransport - 22/10/2016 13:02

(22/10/2016 12:18)wirralbus Wrote:  290 seats for 5 coaches , seems a bit low .

how does that compare with a 350/4 as a four car unit ?

206 seats on a 350.

The below is from the franchise agreement, note the bits in bold which affect the capacity of the train.

Additional EMU Rolling Stock
35.1 In accordance with its obligations in paragraph 1 of Schedule 1.7 (The Train Fleet) the Franchisee shall enter into a Rolling Stock Lease in relation to at least 60 new electric multiple unit vehicles in 5 car formations configured to maximise passenger comfort on long distance Passenger Services. The Franchisee shall use all reasonable endeavours to introduce such rolling stock into unrestricted passenger carrying service by the Target Dates set out in the table at Appendix 2 and in any event shall do so no later than 12 months after each such Target Date. Consistent with the Franchisee’s proposal, such rolling stock shall, in addition to the requirements of paragraph 3 (Rolling Stock Quality Requirements) of Schedule 1.7 (The Train Fleet), be compliant with the following specification:
(a) electrically powered and capable of 125mph operation;
(b) configured with sliding plug passenger doors located in vehicle end vestibules;
© a minimum of 60% of standard class seats to be configured in bay seating layout with four seats facing a central table;
(d) include a first class accommodation specification materially superior to standard class including in consequence of the fitting of seats that are wider and more comfortable than those in standard class such seats being configured in bays with tables throughout save for:
(i) one row of seats per unit (facing the wheelchair seating area) which shall not be configured with a table; and
(ii) one row of seats per unit (immediately behind the row of seats referred to in paragraph 35.1(d)(i)) which shall be unidirectional and not configured in a bay;
(e) commissioned and operational Wi-Fi with a specification in compliance with at least the Minimum Wi-Fi Service Requirements and media servers;

(f) storage for four bicycles;
(g) commissioned and operational passenger information system capable of being updated remotely in real time during the operation of a passenger service. The passenger information system should make use of scrolling bar PIS and poster PIS.
(h) As a minimum the scrolling bar PIS should be capable of:
(i) linking to industry Darwin feeds in real-time to provide estimated arrival times at stations and any information regarding delays or other disruption to the Passenger Service; and
(ii) providing more than just next station information (for example also providing weather on arrival or onward connection information)
(i) As a minimum the poster PIS should be capable of displaying:
(i) onward travel information, including the status of local bus and tram services;
(ii) information in relation to relevant airport departures (for example on arrival at MIA); and
(iii) relevant local information such as attractions or events;
(j) commissioned and operational integrated seat reservation system capable of enabling customers to make a seat reservation any time prior to 10 minutes before their train departs;
(k) commissioned and operational driver advisory system which shall instruct Train Drivers when to accelerate and coast whilst ensuring compliance with the timetable in the most energy efficient manner;
(l) facilities for Network Rail to fit equipment meeting the Track Monitoring Equipment Specification and commissioned and operational infrastructure monitoring equipment including:
(i) over-head line camera monitoring equipment which is compliant with the OLE Camera Monitoring Equipment Specification;
(ii) forward facing CCTV which is compliant with the Forward Facing CCTV Specification;
(m) provision for future fitment of ETCS equipment so that to the extent reasonably practicable the costs of such future fitment are minimised;
(n) commissioned and operational passenger counting equipment capable of differentiating between first class and standard class, and between vehicles;
(o) commissioned and operational Automatic Selective Door Operation system; and
(p) commissioned and operational LED environmentally responsive lighting.
This obligation is without prejudice to the obligations of the Franchisee pursuant to paragraph 3 of Schedule 1.7 (The Train Fleet).
The Franchisee shall engage with customers, stakeholders and employees in the design of the new units and shall use displays and “mock-ups” of specific features of vehicles at stations for these purposes.

RE: TransPennine Express - T42 PVM - 19/11/2016 11:10

185144 is in the new Livery but the numbers are on the side and not the front as they normally are