Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Stagecoach North East - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Bus Scene: Elsewhere (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East (/showthread.php?tid=66)

RE: Stagecoach North East - ifm - 11/06/2013 11:04

South Shields based deckers 19194/6/7 have now received rear advertisement for service X34.

Very small and not very noticeable as opposed to the previous all over blue and pink liveries of previous years. Perhaps when the recent repaints of these vehicles took place just last month or so they should have continued with the blue theme on them.

RE: Stagecoach North East - riverside motors - 11/06/2013 15:08

(11/06/2013 08:30)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(11/06/2013 06:53)riverside motors Wrote:  
(10/06/2013 18:40)kuyoyo Wrote:  Having travelled on the 12, I can safely say it doesn't need double deckers all the time. Most routes have the odd one or two trips that do warrant double deckers but they are mostly trips that pass schools at school finishing timing and also on a morning. In fact, the only routes that warrant full-time decker operation are actually the 36/37/38 (the 38 can get packed if the 36 in-front of it is running late). However, the opposite is true for the 59/61 - the Enviro200s would be too small on the current frequency (as they would also be on the 13) but increasing the frequency wouldn't be justify not just by investment or an increased patronage. The 36/37/38 and 12 are indeed the most likely to get the new stuff but likelihood is it would be deckers on the 36/7/8 and singles on the 12 (and of course, they would likely be Scania chassis Enviros given they aren't likely to spend that much on a depot that could be relocating in the next few years).

At several points during the day nearly all the bus services look very full, so putting only doubles on the services which call Norton (yes the 37 and 38 stop at Park end but routes to M'bro and Stockton are frequent at Park End) wouldn't make the customers happy when an empty double decker goes past and there waiting for a alx300 to Coulby Newham. I wouldn't be suprised if DDA cascades come to town...

As I said, the 36/7 are the only routes that are busy all day. It's pointless getting deckers for the 12 when the only busy trips on there are peak time trips. The simple answer would be to have the school buses operate extra trips at peak times once finished on the Macmillan runs.

I'm not saying that the 12 should get doubles, i was using coulby as an example. My point was that giving both the 37 and 38 doubles would be pointless as they would not be as full as buses going out of stockton high street/middlesbrough on the afternoon and tea-time. I doubt stagecoach would run the macmillians after 2016 as, if they were to buy double deckers, they would be used on the 'principal' route service 36.
But lets not argue about this anymore and just wait and see what does happen before we all get too excited.

RE: Stagecoach North East - kuyoyo - 11/06/2013 15:24

(11/06/2013 15:08)riverside motors Wrote:  
(11/06/2013 08:30)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(11/06/2013 06:53)riverside motors Wrote:  At several points during the day nearly all the bus services look very full, so putting only doubles on the services which call Norton (yes the 37 and 38 stop at Park end but routes to M'bro and Stockton are frequent at Park End) wouldn't make the customers happy when an empty double decker goes past and there waiting for a alx300 to Coulby Newham. I wouldn't be suprised if DDA cascades come to town...

As I said, the 36/7 are the only routes that are busy all day. It's pointless getting deckers for the 12 when the only busy trips on there are peak time trips. The simple answer would be to have the school buses operate extra trips at peak times once finished on the Macmillan runs.

I'm not saying that the 12 should get doubles, i was using coulby as an example. My point was that giving both the 37 and 38 doubles would be pointless as they would not be as full as buses going out of stockton high street/middlesbrough on the afternoon and tea-time. I doubt stagecoach would run the macmillians after 2016 as, if they were to buy double deckers, they would be used on the 'principal' route service 36.
But lets not argue about this anymore and just wait and see what does happen before we all get too excited.

The 37 can get busy at all times of the day, the 38 not as much but the whole point is that should they get Deckers it would make more sense for all three routes to be upgraded.
As for the Macmillans, because they are school routes brand new buses won't be needed in 2017 when the current Tridents have to replaced. All that is needed are newer DDA-spec Tridents transferred in to replace them.

RE: Stagecoach North East - rachel - 11/06/2013 15:51

I think number 36 buses need to get some double decker buses. And I like the Dennis trident on 36 rote and I think number 12 dose too. Because the amount of man single decker could be shorted by putting more double decker on number 36 and 12 rote and they would be able to fit more people on the buses.

RE: Stagecoach North East - kuyoyo - 11/06/2013 16:02

(11/06/2013 15:51)rachel Wrote:  I think number 36 buses need to get some double decker buses. And I like the Dennis trident on 36 rote and I think number 12 dose too. Because the amount of man single decker could be shorted by putting more double decker on number 36 and 12 rote and they would be able to fit more people on the buses.

The 12 does not need deckers, it's never too overly busy (except for when running in 2s and 3s which is less and less common these days since the changes to the Middlesbrough interworking patterns back in September last year).

RE: Stagecoach North East - rachel - 11/06/2013 16:18

36 deffenly needs them

RE: Stagecoach North East - rachel - 11/06/2013 16:20

I think the 36 deffrenly need thhem cause 36 are all ways full and shoul off got the Enviro400 not Enviro300

RE: Stagecoach North East - kuyoyo - 11/06/2013 20:44

Moving on now.....

Olympian 16831 was the Park End starting 36 before moving onto the 52 after finishing on its 36. The other 36 was apparently a Trident which broke down meaning one trip was missed between wherever it broke down and Stockton with the changeover driver presumably taking the replacement vehicle from there.

RE: Stagecoach North East - riverside motors - 11/06/2013 21:21

(11/06/2013 20:44)kuyoyo Wrote:  Moving on now.....

Olympian 16831 was the Park End starting 36 before moving onto the 52 after finishing on its 36. The other 36 was apparently a Trident which broke down meaning one trip was missed between wherever it broke down and Stockton with the changeover driver presumably taking the replacement vehicle from there.

Undecided oh dear...

RE: Stagecoach North East - kuyoyo - 12/06/2013 18:21

Olympian 16835 was the Park End-starting 36 extra (which I have now discovered should use the same vehicle that works the AM 301 trip, and today should actually have been 17025) while Trident 17032 worked the Hatlepool-starting 36 extra (which does the afternoon 304 runs, although today did the 303 due to the driver only knowing that route). Sister 17027 was on the 52 alongside 16831.