Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Northern Rail - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Transport (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Railways (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Northern Rail (/showthread.php?tid=61)

RE: Northern Rail - SK15 GZG - 25/02/2016 20:16

(25/02/2016 19:30)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I wonder how long the transformation will take. I remember when Northern took over, trains were in a million and one different liveries for quite a few years until things settled down. The Northern Electrics logo for example is quite large on the 319's, so unless it is temporarily painted over with a similar colour, it could look quite messy.

Considering that quite a few units are set to leave the fleet within a few years (the 142s, 144s and 323s - with the 321s and 322s quite possibly leaving as well) I don't think it'll take too long to repaint and refurbish the units that are going to be staying with Northern. Personally I think it's most likely that the units will be repainted as and when each unit goes for refurbishment - my guess considering how old they are is that the Class 150s will be refurbished first but I don't think it'll be too long before we find out

I'm interested to see what Arriva plan to do with the Class 153s too

RE: Northern Rail - Sprinterdriver - 25/02/2016 20:38

(25/02/2016 19:30)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I wonder how long the transformation will take. I remember when Northern took over, trains were in a million and one different liveries for quite a few years until things settled down. The Northern Electrics logo for example is quite large on the 319's, so unless it is temporarily painted over with a similar colour, it could look quite messy.

The Northern Electrics branding is staying, it's just the small logos on the DTS coaches that are being removed.

SD.

RE: Northern Rail - knutstransport - 25/02/2016 20:42

(25/02/2016 20:16)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Considering that quite a few units are set to leave the fleet within a few years (the 142s, 144s and 323s - with the 321s and 322s quite possibly leaving as well) I don't think it'll take too long to repaint and refurbish the units that are going to be staying with Northern. Personally I think it's most likely that the units will be repainted as and when each unit goes for refurbishment - my guess considering how old they are is that the Class 150s will be refurbished first but I don't think it'll be too long before we find out

I'm interested to see what Arriva plan to do with the Class 153s too

Rumour is the 153s will be returned to Porterbrook alongside the 144s in 2018.

RE: Northern Rail - SK15 GZG - 25/02/2016 21:44

(25/02/2016 20:42)knutstransport Wrote:  Rumour is the 153s will be returned to Porterbrook alongside the 144s in 2018.

It'll be interesting to see what replaces those on their respective routes if that does happen. Perhaps refurbished Class 150s?

RE: Northern Rail - telf23 - 26/02/2016 01:45

Sorry, can I just clarify. After looking at Arriva Rail North's website, am I right in understanding that Northern Rail will in effect become a defunct company and be replaced by Northern and Northern Connect, although the services and stations will essentially be the same until Arriva's improvements are made?

On a side note, Arriva's 'Northern' logo looks a lot more modern and professional compared to that of the current Northern Rail logo.

RE: Northern Rail - St Helens Rider - 26/02/2016 08:09

Noticed at Thatto Heath this morning that the announcements have started to include information about how many coaches each train has.

RE: Northern Rail - T42 PVM - 26/02/2016 09:26

(26/02/2016 08:09)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Noticed at Thatto Heath this morning that the announcements have started to include information about how many coaches each train has.

Every station now has that, It started yesterday

RE: Northern Rail - knutstransport - 26/02/2016 09:27

(26/02/2016 01:45)telf23 Wrote:  Sorry, can I just clarify. After looking at Arriva Rail North's website, am I right in understanding that Northern Rail will in effect become a defunct company and be replaced by Northern and Northern Connect, although the services and stations will essentially be the same until Arriva's improvements are made?

On a side note, Arriva's 'Northern' logo looks a lot more modern and professional compared to that of the current Northern Rail logo.

Northern Rail Limited (Serco/Abellio) will cease to operate any services after 2am on 1st April. Arriva Rail North Limited will take over services after that time. 'Northern Connect' won't officially be launched until the new CAF trains are in service and catering facilities and longer staffing hours have been introduced at stations which will regularly be served by Northern Connect services.

RE: Northern Rail - St Helens Rider - 26/02/2016 12:23

(26/02/2016 09:26)T42 PVM Wrote:  Every station now has that, It started yesterday

Thanks Terence.

RE: Northern Rail - T42 PVM - 26/02/2016 14:37

(26/02/2016 12:23)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Thanks Terence.

Noticed before that the LED Screens are now also saying how many carriages the Train has