Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Manchester Community Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manchester Community Transport (/showthread.php?tid=556)

RE: Manchester Community Transport - 33109 - 26/02/2020 08:11

Anyone know who might take on the 391/392?

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 27/02/2020 01:44

(25/02/2020 21:53)Mikeonthebuses Wrote:  The 407/410/411/412/418 are all going in April, 402 is having major rerouting change. As detailed in the forthcoming coming changes in the GMCA meetings

I had a not so lovely experience of a Optare Versa/Solo breaking down on me today in the middle of Chadderton Way during the evening rush hour. but the driver was lovely and took me to my stop was he rebooted the bus after the driver had a heated conversation with the call out team.

I will be glad to have a new operator on the 159 as that service been ran shocklingly for the last few months with varying standards of driving.

That will be YJ61JDZ. Problem was he was told to do a full shut down and restart it after 5 mins but you can’t do a full shut down when the hazard lights are beeping away.

As for the 159, some would say the operator who’s taking it over is just as bad and it will be run with the drivers who are driving it now.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 27/02/2020 01:46

(26/02/2020 08:11)33109 Wrote:  Anyone know who might take on the 391/392?

Been told by a mate of mine who drives for D&G that they have got it but it might be being operated by High Peak - owned by same group.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mikeonthebuses - 27/02/2020 06:07

(27/02/2020 01:44)Mayneway Wrote:  That will be YJ61JDZ. Problem was he was told to do a full shut down and restart it after 5 mins but you can’t do a full shut down when the hazard lights are beeping away.

As for the 159, some would say the operator who’s taking it over is just as bad and it will be run with the drivers who are driving it now.

I thought this service was going to Stagecoach which is not a bad company to run services on time.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Rodney259 - 27/02/2020 10:02

(27/02/2020 06:07)Mikeonthebuses Wrote:  I thought this service was going to Stagecoach which is not a bad company to run services on time.
I thought the 159 was going to Stagecoach too. There seems to be a lot of ‘insider’ knowledge, or speculation, of which operators are getting which services but nothing official. Does anyone know when the new operators will be officially announced?

RE: Manchester Community Transport - 33109 - 27/02/2020 16:23

(27/02/2020 01:46)Mayneway Wrote:  Been told by a mate of mine who drives for D&G that they have got it but it might be being operated by High Peak - owned by same group.

Cheers for that gen mayneway.

Hopefully it'll be high peak who'll wind up with it. D&G have a tendency not to like running saturday services of it's a commercial route. But I think cheshire east subsidise it.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 28/02/2020 05:29

(27/02/2020 10:02)Rodney259 Wrote:  I thought the 159 was going to Stagecoach too. There seems to be a lot of ‘insider’ knowledge, or speculation, of which operators are getting which services but nothing official. Does anyone know when the new operators will be officially announced?

The details should be announced by TFGM in the next few weeks.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - knutstransport - 29/02/2020 12:31

(27/02/2020 01:46)Mayneway Wrote:  Been told by a mate of mine who drives for D&G that they have got it but it might be being operated by High Peak - owned by same group.

Surely if it's gone to another operator already then it's only a temporary emergency contract, ahead of a proper re-tendering process.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - knutstransport - 29/02/2020 12:37

(27/02/2020 16:23)33109 Wrote:  D&G have a tendency not to like running saturday services of it's a commercial route. But I think cheshire east subsidise it.

Someone at D&G really needs to look at how on Saturdays in Cheshire the total number of passengers who travel by train is very high but they always claim there aren't enough passengers to make a bus service a commercial success.

The problem is perhaps the times bus services start and finish on a Saturday and where they go, opposed to demand for bus services not being there. For instance, would running a few evening services make more money than a daytime service to some places on Saturday?

When the RMT Northern strikes were happening on Saturdays leading up to Christmas in 2018, I pointed out to a D&G manager that there's an opportunity for you there given how many passengers Northern usually carry on Saturdays in December. He just shrugged it off saying it was not worth the hassle of all the paperwork.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - T42 PVM - 09/03/2020 12:47

MCT Routes are now cancelled on VOSA