Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Manchester Community Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manchester Community Transport (/showthread.php?tid=556)

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Brickmill - 24/04/2019 09:52

(24/04/2019 09:41)Mayneway Wrote:  The MCT day saver is £4.20. Cant remember what a weekly costs sure it’s around £14.00.

The majority of our single fares are set by TFGM so not sure how the fares on the 391/392 are as I haven’t seen them.

Unless the rules have changed, the fares set by TFGM on contract s are maximum fares so Operators can charge lower fares if they wish.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 24/04/2019 11:32

(24/04/2019 09:52)Brickmill Wrote:  Unless the rules have changed, the fares set by TFGM on contract s are maximum fares so Operators can charge lower fares if they wish.

Can only go off what I'm told. The fare stages and prices are set by TFGM. I've mentioned many times to management as to why 'Daisy nook garden centre' is a fare stage on the 419 when it goes no where near it and the answers always been that it's down to TFGM not us.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Brickmill - 24/04/2019 12:13

(24/04/2019 11:32)Mayneway Wrote:  Can only go off what I'm told. The fare stages and prices are set by TFGM. I've mentioned many times to management as to why 'Daisy nook garden centre' is a fare stage on the 419 when it goes no where near it and the answers always been that it's down to TFGM not us.

As in; it's down to TFGM and we can't be bothered querying it. After all, they only have 12500 stop s to look after so it should be easy to be perfect every time. The fares example I know about is North to South Reddish - 1.3 miles according to the AA. Stagecoach charge £2.50 on the 203 but subsidised 42A is "only" £2.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 24/04/2019 12:32

(24/04/2019 12:13)Brickmill Wrote:  As in; it's down to TFGM and we can't be bothered querying it. After all, they only have 12500 stop s to look after so it should be easy to be perfect every time. The fares example I know about is North to South Reddish - 1.3 miles according to the AA. Stagecoach charge £2.50 on the 203 but subsidised 42A is "only" £2.

Where have a said that??

Yet again you suggest TFGM are saints and do no wrong.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Brickmill - 24/04/2019 13:13

(24/04/2019 12:32)Mayneway Wrote:  Where have a said that??

Yet again you suggest TFGM are saints and do no wrong.

*You* haven't but it seems that's the general attitude of company management, especially smaller Ops. As for TFGM, I',m not saying they are perfect. For instance I doubt they employ anyone with a sixth sense!

RE: Manchester Community Transport - knutstransport - 24/04/2019 16:26

Someone being unable to take criticism of TfGM and coming up with examples in Tameside - reminds me of someone.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Brickmill - 24/04/2019 16:54

(24/04/2019 16:26)knutstransport Wrote:  Someone being unable to take criticism of TfGM and coming up with examples in Tameside - reminds me of someone.

1. How long has Reddish been in Tameside? 2. I am able to take *constructive* criticism of any public sector body or indeed myself. I am however conscious that we live in a country dictated to by powerful lobby including the *public funded* BBC who are in the pocket s of the motoring lobby and of other modes. Only yesterday the One Show had their go at the Oxford Road cycling free for all. Repeating the misconception that it was introduced in September 2017. It was introduced in Summer 2016 but wasn't enforced until September 2017. No mention in any media about the massive increase in cars, vans and goods vehicles speeding past the front of the MRI since Christmas.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - knutstransport - 24/04/2019 18:44

(24/04/2019 16:54)Brickmill Wrote:  1. How long has Reddish been in Tameside? 2. I am able to take *constructive* criticism of any public sector body or indeed myself. I am however conscious that we live in a country dictated to by powerful lobby including the *public funded* BBC who are in the pocket s of the motoring lobby and of other modes. Only yesterday the One Show had their go at the Oxford Road cycling free for all. Repeating the misconception that it was introduced in September 2017. It was introduced in Summer 2016 but wasn't enforced until September 2017. No mention in any media about the massive increase in cars, vans and goods vehicles speeding past the front of the MRI since Christmas.

OK not Tameside but going out of Manchester in the direction of Tameside.

It's obvious from your posts you are personally offended if any post even remotely hints at criticism of TfGM employees. TfGM might have a lot to do but they are effectively a combined transport department for 10 councils in one - with a huge budget and a huge number of personnel to more than match - the fact they are a PTE means they get more in total than they would otherwise get. Any excuse you can come up for a TfGM failure could also be used by any other PTE or local council in the country - Warrington might have a small number of bus stops in comparison to GM but the number of people they have to maintain them is also small in comparison to the number TfGM have.

Cycling in Greater Manchester hasn't taken off the same way it has in other urban areas - that's a fact. Northern Rail's Bike n Go scheme has been a flop (in general, not just in GM), it's a surprise Arriva Rail North have let the Abellio funded scheme remain at stations they've taken over. Then they lost the Mobike scheme - which has been a success in over 200 cities worldwide because Mancunians saw rental bikes as something to steal or/and vandalise, oppose to something to use.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - knutstransport - 24/04/2019 18:48

(24/04/2019 11:32)Mayneway Wrote:  Can only go off what I'm told. The fare stages and prices are set by TFGM. I've mentioned many times to management as to why 'Daisy nook garden centre' is a fare stage on the 419 when it goes no where near it and the answers always been that it's down to TFGM not us.

There must be some flexibility allowed by TfGM as there have been cases where two subsided services partly overlap and the fares are cheaper on one operator than the other. However, for all I know that might be done at the time bids for tenders are submitted and once the winning bid is accepted it's too late to change it.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Brickmill - 24/04/2019 19:15

(24/04/2019 18:44)knutstransport Wrote:  OK not Tameside but going out of Manchester in the direction of Tameside.

It's obvious from your posts you are personally offended if any post even remotely hints at criticism of TfGM employees. TfGM might have a lot to do but they are effectively a combined transport department for 10 councils in one - with a huge budget and a huge number of personnel to more than match - the fact they are a PTE means they get more in total than they would otherwise get. Any excuse you can come up for a TfGM failure could also be used by any other PTE or local council in the country - Warrington might have a small number of bus stops in comparison to GM but the number of people they have to maintain them is also small in comparison to the number TfGM have

We are clearly not going to agree on what MY opinions and thoughts are, but I don't understand how someone outside GM has so much detail of TFGM's Budget including the split between modes, even down to knowing how many people work on changing bus stop plates and bus stop timetable s, yet is geographically ignorant of some of the 10 boroughs. Well, I would. be had I not seen the same ignorance in opponents of Franchising.