Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Manchester Community Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manchester Community Transport (/showthread.php?tid=556)

RE: Manchester Community Transport - knutstransport - 26/10/2016 09:30

(25/10/2016 09:18)Mayneway Wrote:  They are seriously struggling and personally think they have taken on to much work to cope with.
From what I understand they pay a lot less than stagecoach and first and even some of the smaller ops so drivers tend to end up there when no one else will have them - this was a major issue with JPT. There's no dedication or love for the job and certainly training and customer service are non exsistant.
There seems to be a high number of polish drivers at the firm who's driving standards leave a lot to be desired, little English is spoken and understood and in some cases it makes buying a ticket virtually impossible.

If I was a betting man I'd say this will be the next firm to go bump leaving TFGM with a huge headache of emergency tenders to sort again.

Didn't they have a sister company which already disappeared with MCT taking over some of the routes?

RE: Manchester Community Transport - djb - 26/10/2016 11:52

(26/10/2016 09:30)knutstransport Wrote:  Didn't they have a sister company which already disappeared with MCT taking over some of the routes?

Are you thinking of maytree? Mct took them over, but If i remember rightly an insurance issue meant that mcts insurers wouldn't cover maytree when theirs expired. In the end all the tendered maytree routes went back to tfgm.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 26/10/2016 12:55

(26/10/2016 11:52)djb Wrote:  Are you thinking of maytree? Mct took them over, but If i remember rightly an insurance issue meant that mcts insurers wouldn't cover maytree when theirs expired. In the end all the tendered maytree routes went back to tfgm.

When the 10 Solo SRs were ordered it was decided to adopt a moderner livery so they came up with MCT but for some reason the Solos turned up with MCT travel on which has then been rolled out into other vehiches.

The Maytree saga was complicated. They actually formed a short lived alliance which meant they could bid for tenders as one rather than seperatly, but when Maytree fell into difficultly MCT very quickly parted company.

It's alledged that MCT had previously approached JPT with the intention of creating an alliance - anyone who followed JPT on Facebook will remember the posts from JPT announcing they were days away from taking over another company which would make them Manchesters biggest independant but it apparently fell through.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 02/11/2016 23:11

(02/11/2016 21:59)Dentonian Wrote:  Noted at M'cr Airport working the 1535, 288 was a white (hired?) Solo; KX14 FJJ. Ironically, this otherwise anonymous bus was correctly showing service number and destination. By contrast, 3(ish) hours earlier TFGM hybrid liveried YJ61 JFA breezed in to the Airport Interchange, just showing the company name in the blinds before departing 6 minutes late. Given the 17 minute stand time, it seems strange that as bus arriving in the middle of the afternoon peak can be on time, but a lunch time journey should arrive c.20 minutes late.

Typical MCT then. Most of the drivers pay no attention to the running board anyway and either depart early or late.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - ant17612 - 03/11/2016 05:51

KX14FJJ is ex Malta BUS331 and is presumably here via Dawson Rentals. It was also noted on service 44 yesterday afternoon.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - M60lad - 03/11/2016 07:32

Something that hasn't been reported yet is that since the timetable change for 44 and the introduction of 288 service both service interwork with each other at Manchester Airport, not sure how the timetable has been worked out though as it looks a bit tight with only a minute given at Manchester Airport for 288 to come in and change to 44 and the same when 44 comes in to change to a 288 from what I saw the other day.

Not sure how all the 288 journies operate though as its an hourly service whereas 44 alternates each hour with 45 which also is tight for time as that only gets a minute at Heald Green Co-Op terminus before setting off again.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 23/11/2016 21:45

Dennis Dart Alexander Pointer EU06KNR has been partially repainted into the red and cream 'MCT Travel' livery.

The lower half of the bus has been repainted white, however the white above the red band hasn't and still shows evidence of where the original sticker livery way

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 23/11/2016 23:12

(23/11/2016 21:45)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Dennis Dart Alexander Pointer EU06KNR has been partially repainted into the red and cream 'MCT Travel' livery.

The lower half of the bus has been repainted white, however the white above the red band hasn't and still shows evidence of where the original sticker livery way

It's been loosing bits of it's god arful old livery for a while. Last time I saw it in Ashton it has bits still visable above the door and on the engine cover at the rear but the rest was white. I think it's vinyl stickers rather than paint hence why it's still visable.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - ant17612 - 10/01/2017 13:33

Had MX12DZB last night on the 18, been a while since I travelled on something of theirs in relatively good as new condition. Question is how long will it last xD

RE: Manchester Community Transport - M60lad - 11/01/2017 07:22

Another addition to MCT's fleet is Enviro200 KX10DVN ex Tates Travel and was out on 308 yesterday.