Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Manchester Community Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manchester Community Transport (/showthread.php?tid=556)

RE: Manchester Community Transport - jimbo - 01/06/2013 08:56

They get a percentage of the fare for oap passes, according to a rochdsle driver of theirs, but he said they dont bother and just put anywhere in....

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Metroline1511 - 01/06/2013 21:54

I have seen occasional Hybrid Solo SRs at Stockport bus station, and one on route 307 or 308. I hope they operate on route 197 on Sundays now. I might find out tomorrow. The name MCT Travel is weited as it could read like "Manchester Community Transport Travel".

RE: Manchester Community Transport - wirralbus - 02/06/2013 12:35

(31/05/2013 23:34)Mayneway Wrote:  
(31/05/2013 21:34)gilbert Wrote:  
(31/05/2013 18:49)SF07 Wrote:  Noticed that the new hybrids are now out in service on the 396 today

I went on one on Wednesday on the 308-I noticed that the driver was asking those with bus passes where they were getting off so he could issue them with a ticket.It just meant that the bus was stopped longer at each stop.

Seems like a strange way of doing it

First used to do that at Rock Ferry , but some of the pensioners got a bit uppity being asked that and said i might get off there or i might get off there , just to wind the drivers up , in the end they stopped it .

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 02/06/2013 18:15

(02/06/2013 12:35)wirralbus Wrote:  
(31/05/2013 23:34)Mayneway Wrote:  
(31/05/2013 21:34)gilbert Wrote:  I went on one on Wednesday on the 308-I noticed that the driver was asking those with bus passes where they were getting off so he could issue them with a ticket.It just meant that the bus was stopped longer at each stop.

Seems like a strange way of doing it

First used to do that at Rock Ferry , but some of the pensioners got a bit uppity being asked that and said i might get off there or i might get off there , just to wind the drivers up , in the end they stopped it .

I still don't understand why they have to do it, I've never seen it done before. For concessionary re-inbursments TFGM go off ticket machine data and information received from data collectors.

Thats like Stagecoach and First asking oap's to scan their passes when they board, and then again when they alight.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 02/06/2013 18:18

(01/06/2013 21:54)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I have seen occasional Hybrid Solo SRs at Stockport bus station, and one on route 307 or 308. I hope they operate on route 197 on Sundays now. I might find out tomorrow. The name MCT Travel is weited as it could read like "Manchester Community Transport Travel".

I noticed today that their tickets now have the new MCT Travel logo on as well.

It's been discussed already but I would have just had the MCT - it looks smart and modern.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - wirralbus - 02/06/2013 18:24

(02/06/2013 18:15)Mayneway Wrote:  
(02/06/2013 12:35)wirralbus Wrote:  
(31/05/2013 23:34)Mayneway Wrote:  Seems like a strange way of doing it

I still don't understand why they have to do it, I've never seen it done before. For concessionary re-inbursments TFGM go off ticket machine data and information received from data collectors.

Thats like Stagecoach and First asking oap's to scan their passes when they board, and then again when they alight.

Some companies like the data of where there getting off to see where most of there passengers are travelling , some it is used to look at service alterations , not for the actual reimbursements.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 02/06/2013 19:20

(02/06/2013 18:24)wirralbus Wrote:  
(02/06/2013 12:35)wirralbus Wrote:  First used to do that at Rock Ferry , but some of the pensioners got a bit uppity being asked that and said i might get off there or i might get off there , just to wind the drivers up , in the end they stopped it .

Some companies like the data of where there getting off to see where most of there passengers are travelling , some it is used to look at service alterations , not for the actual reimbursements.

I can see that being a point on a commercial service where alterations to a route could lead to extra passengers, but with tenders like the ones MCT operate it's down to TFGM to specify and alternate the route to satisfy passenger demand, I doubt they they would look too closely at this type of information because, as it's already been said it's open to discrepancies when drivers can say they alighted where they want.
This information is normally collected by a TFGM data collector who will survey passengers on a service to see where they alight and how often they use the service ect.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - FirstGroup - 02/06/2013 19:21

(02/06/2013 18:24)wirralbus Wrote:  
(02/06/2013 12:35)wirralbus Wrote:  First used to do that at Rock Ferry , but some of the pensioners got a bit uppity being asked that and said i might get off there or i might get off there , just to wind the drivers up , in the end they stopped it .

Stagecoach Cumbria and North Lancashire have done this and as far as i'm aware still do it since travel became free in 2006, they also still have to put there passes on top of the machine

RE: Manchester Community Transport - SF07 - 02/06/2013 21:18

(01/06/2013 21:54)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I have seen occasional Hybrid Solo SRs at Stockport bus station, and one on route 307 or 308. I hope they operate on route 197 on Sundays now. I might find out tomorrow. The name MCT Travel is weited as it could read like "Manchester Community Transport Travel".

In case you didn't see it, hybrid Solo out on the 197 today (credit to photographer)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74758736@N08/8925400179/

Also, trying to work out whether MCT have changed their website address, as there is a website at http://www.mctbus.co.uk/, although the old website is still up (with Maytree still mentioned) at http://www.manct.org/

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Metroline1511 - 02/06/2013 21:26

Thank you for the photo SF07. I did notice a Solo SR on route 197 when I was at the launderette so I knew about it, but nice to see it properly on this photo.