Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Manchester Community Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manchester Community Transport (/showthread.php?tid=556)

RE: Manchester Community Transport - YSV-205 - 09/05/2013 09:14

A newer fleet list now dated 05/05/13. Hope the link works.

http://northwestbus.site11.com/MCT.Html

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Jack - 20/05/2013 19:09

One of the new Solos, looks good to me and hopefully they'll put other buses in the colours with the logo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimbosbus/8754809604/in/photostream/

RE: Manchester Community Transport - jimbo - 20/05/2013 21:56

This is the new planned livery btw :-) so all non-rented/leased buses will be like this soon

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 21/05/2013 16:31

(20/05/2013 21:56)jimbo Wrote:  This is the new planned livery btw :-) so all non-rented/leased buses will be like this soon

It looks a hell of a lot better than their current livery - its like something a 5 year old has done. Very outdated.
Although I don't like the word 'travel' under the MCT logo. It reads Manchester Community Transport Travel which is a bit of a mouth full.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Jack - 21/05/2013 19:41

I was thinking that regarding the 'Travel' but never mind!

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 21/05/2013 20:22

(21/05/2013 19:41)sumner Wrote:  I was thinking that regarding the 'Travel' but never mind!

The MCT looks fine without the 'travel' bit underneath. A simple but smart modern logo which stands out. They could also invest in some temporary vinyl sets to put on their rented vehicles - similar to Stotts in Oldham who simply add vinyls to the front and side of loaned buses and it does make a difference.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - jimbo - 21/05/2013 22:12

They are trying to rebrand the company, basically community transport companies are looked at as toying around when it comes to buses, so they are trying to make themselves look more professional, so it is MCT as the name, not as an abreviation anymore in this case. Saying this I agree should just be MCT

RE: Manchester Community Transport - P528LND - 21/05/2013 23:07

MC Transport, I personally think that would have done it. :P the use of 'Travel' is so cliché and sounds cheap to me, almost un-thought-out... (Not quoting in any unjust, unprofessional and troublemaking way...) Wink

RE: Manchester Community Transport - YSV-205 - 23/05/2013 15:09

Streetlite MX61-BAA was operating, I think the 178 yesterday afternoon. I have seen several streetlites in MCT's "lovely" (I think not) all white livery over the last few weeks.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - jimbo - 23/05/2013 18:29

Theyre probably leased, so... No, the probably wont put the livery on them, but this should br done to all owned vehicles soon