Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 29/02/2016 17:18

(29/02/2016 17:09)wirralbus Wrote:  If the DDA coming into effect for single deckers , lets hope everybody gets themselves sorted out for the double decker change.

That could be worse considering many operators have older deckers usually reserved for school contracts, which can still be used on public services between the morning and afternoon school runs unlike the non-accessible single deckers. Once the law changes on deckers there's less loopholes operators can use.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Mayneway - 29/02/2016 17:33

(29/02/2016 17:09)wirralbus Wrote:  If the DDA coming into effect for single deckers , lets hope everybody gets themselves sorted out for the double decker change.

In all fairness I think a lot of smaller operators have worked hard and invested to make sure thier single decker fleet is ready for new DDA rules - whether that's switching/converting to DDA complient vehiches or re-registering exsisting vehicles as coaches to get around the ruling so I don't know what went wrong for GHA, but as it's already Ben said let's just hope they get thier act together for the the ruling coming into effect for deckers.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - DLG817 - 29/02/2016 17:44

GHA February report

There have been no arrivals into the GHA fleet in the last month but a few vehicles have recently entered service.

Solo V680FEL (1330) [ex Wilts and Dorset] entered service today in the new Service Bus livery and its first duties was to work the newly gained Denbigh area contract. - PHOTO LINK -

Dart SJ53AXG (1539) has retained its white livery from it previous operator Anderson of Lochgilphead. It has been mainly undertaking Wrexham local services. - PHOTO LINK -

Ford Transit CW03XBD (1099) [purchased from a private owner back in May 2013. ]

Mercedes-Benz / Autobus Classique V670DAO (1048) [entered service after being a long term project to repair].

Solo BA08GHA (1361) has re-entered service operating from Ruabon having had nearly six months off the road with engine issues.

The current number of vehicles in the GHA fleet is 326. 272 of these appear to be available for service but 54 of them are unlicensed or out of service for one reason or another. A full list is available in the fleetlist on my website – see below for link.

Recently taken out of service include :-

Olympian / Alexander F811DAO (3611), ex Stagecoach Cumbria
Dart T549HNH (1529),
Mercedes Sprinter LF05WCT (1071), [out of service and appears to have been withdrawn. This minibus was once registered 251D129 when it was working for the Russian Embassy in London]
Mercedes Vario T91JDA (1011) [ex Phillips of Holywell],
Solo T314UOX (1314) has been taken out of service and SORN whilst structural problems are dealt with.
Volvo / Berkhof CIL312 (4042) SORN following engine fire - anticipated will be repaired.
S903DUB (1388) [one of the first ever Solos – assumed to be non DDA]
Dart / ALX300 Y201KNB (1509) [SORN as assumed does not meet DDA requirements.]
Scania / East Lancs M403EFD (2191) [ex Arriva Midland]

It is believed that 2 new Scania coaches are expected shortly - the 2 Levantes transferred with Shropshire Bus and Coach are likely to go in part exchange. An indication has been given on social media that 4 new service buses are to be purchased for use in Ruthin to undertake newly retained contracts and a further 4 new vehicles may be purchased for work in Tarvin.

A number of timetable changes take effect today especially in the Denbighshire area. Restored is the X5 service which links Corwen with Wrexham. This service will work in conjunction with the 55 Denbigh to Corwen service and buses will work through on some 4 journeys. There are some reductions in the Ruthin to Mold workings. Two journeys are retained working through to Chester but their times have changed. It appears that this X1/1/2 route will be worked by two buses from Ruabon. GHA have gained the 66 – Henllan, Llanefydd and Denbigh Town service which involves one service bus. An unusual route which only operated one journey on a Wednesday and Saturday B37 Mold to Rhydtalog has now ceased. The transfer of service from the subsidiary companies now completely merged into GHA Coaches continues with the 200 Airport service, and the 19 Macclesfield to Prestbury services transferring from Vale.

The company have commenced working the commercial 84 – Chester to Crewe service in competition with Routemaster and Arriva but has been widely reported there have been signifiicant problems which appear to be connected to driver shortages. This problem also appears to have affected other workings such as the 16 Warrington to Dallam service which has now been de-registered from April.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Lynx - 29/02/2016 19:43

(29/02/2016 06:37)telf23 Wrote:  Personally, I think GHA took the wrong approach to Warrington. They established a route already served by NW, a hard operator to compete against. You see it with the non NW routes that operate. Halton 62 doesn't pick up much in Stockton Heath, Arriva 110, 329 and 360 don't pick up much in Penketh and along Winwick road respectively, and First 100 doesn't pick up much through woolston. These routes are successful though because they're providing links to Runcorn, St Helens, Wigan and Manchester that NW don't operate. As it was stated earlier, GHA would have been more successful with a link maybe to Macc or Congleton, where their competition is small, and then branching into other routes.

Your point that the 110, and 100 don't pick up passengers on there respective routes out of Warrington is a bit of a strange one as quite frequently pensioners will pack these services out from the bus station and they usually both have a decent load of pass holders picked up in both Penketh and Woolston. Your way off the mark with the 62 not picking anything up around Stockton Heath. Quite frequently 62s can become full loads after passing through with a combination of pensioners, college students and commuters from nearby places of work. Your point about the 360 and 329 are spot on though as these can be full loads going to/from the bus station but don't seem to start stopping until they are out of Warrington.

In regards to the posts about DDA in relation to deckers, I'm confused as to what GHA are going to do as they have clearly struggled to replace non-DDA saloons let alone the vast amount of deckers that will need replacing. Sometimes 3-4 Olympians are used on the 82 at anyone time from a pool of about 7 regulars. That's essentially 7 deckers that will need replacing, something that certainly isn't cheap.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - telf23 - 01/03/2016 19:49

(29/02/2016 19:43)Lynx Wrote:  Your point that the 110, and 100 don't pick up passengers on there respective routes out of Warrington is a bit of a strange one as quite frequently pensioners will pack these services out from the bus station and they usually both have a decent load of pass holders picked up in both Penketh and Woolston. Your way off the mark with the 62 not picking anything up around Stockton Heath. Quite frequently 62s can become full loads after passing through with a combination of pensioners, college students and commuters from nearby places of work. Your point about the 360 and 329 are spot on though as these can be full loads going to/from the bus station but don't seem to start stopping until they are out of Warrington.

In regards to the posts about DDA in relation to deckers, I'm confused as to what GHA are going to do as they have clearly struggled to replace non-DDA saloons let alone the vast amount of deckers that will need replacing. Sometimes 3-4 Olympians are used on the 82 at anyone time from a pool of about 7 regulars. That's essentially 7 deckers that will need replacing, something that certainly isn't cheap.

I used to get the 62 or the 110 daily, depending which came first as I went to college in Warrington. And it's not so off the mark. The odd pensioner may use their pass around 9:30 on each service when the main influx comes because it's when they can start using their pass. But apart from this, there's really not much pick up when there are 3 or 4 Warrington services operating in their area. The 110 rarely picks up after town, and the 62 picks up at peak times, when students are travelling back to Halton. As for the 100, it was just observations that I've seen. Maybe these are just quieter services I've noticed, but again, whilst travelling through Warrington, it's on a route already operated by a few other NW services

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Lynx - 01/03/2016 22:10

(01/03/2016 19:49)telf23 Wrote:  I used to get the 62 or the 110 daily, depending which came first as I went to college in Warrington. And it's not so off the mark. The odd pensioner may use their pass around 9:30 on each service when the main influx comes because it's when they can start using their pass. But apart from this, there's really not much pick up when there are 3 or 4 Warrington services operating in their area. The 110 rarely picks up after town, and the 62 picks up at peak times, when students are travelling back to Halton. As for the 100, it was just observations that I've seen. Maybe these are just quieter services I've noticed, but again, whilst travelling through Warrington, it's on a route already operated by a few other NW services

I'm similar to yourself in the sense that I currently use the 62 daily between college and of course hear what your saying. It's worth noting there has certainly been a influx of people using the 62 in particular in the last year or so hence its been worthwhile increasing its frequency to 30 minutes. The 110 and 62 are services that aren't consistent year on year and in the past I would definitely have agreed with your first post.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - telf23 - 02/03/2016 02:23

I just hope GHA work everything out. Everytime I've used the the service has always been a cut above most other operators, and it would be shame for people to start thinking otherwise

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Katie - 02/03/2016 13:01

(02/03/2016 02:23)telf23 Wrote:  I just hope GHA work everything out. Everytime I've used the the service has always been a cut above most other operators, and it would be shame for people to start thinking otherwise

GHA are on the 16/16A Warrington interchange to Dallam today.

They are using a SOLO (hope this is correct as I do not know too much about the different types of buses); registration number DK 09 ENW with Cheshire Connect on the rear of the bus and East Cheshire Council.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 02/03/2016 14:03

(02/03/2016 13:01)Katie Wrote:  They are using a SOLO (hope this is correct as I do not know too much about the different types of buses); registration number DK 09 ENW with Cheshire Connect on the rear of the bus and East Cheshire Council.

Not just a Solo but a baby Solo. This is someone's picture of the same bus on Flickr, the caption states it's a 22 seater, most of the Cheshire Connect Solos are 28-30 seaters: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nicksbuscoach/15806889362/ (A 22 seater would be too small for a number of contracted services due to the minimum capacity identified in the contracts.)

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - YN05 WKE - 02/03/2016 17:56

(02/03/2016 16:08)Dentonian Wrote:  DK09 ENW is/was the regular performer on the 200 (Wilmslow-M'cr Airport-RVP). However, this might have changed with an appparent timetable change last weekend. The original registration forwarded to TFGM seemed to have an error involving the last two round trips, but despite this being raised with ECCC about a month ago, we never received a correction/clarification, so I don't know if Bus Stop publicity at the Airport or along Ringway Road to/from Moss Nook is entirely accurate. Just getting our excuses in first (lol). Probably too many fingers in the pie with this service, as the subsidy is split between ECCC, National Trust, MAplc and TFGM.

ENW was also regular on K39 Nantwich