Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Lynx - 08/01/2016 21:44

AA02 GHA has made a couple of appearances on the 45 this week as have several gold enviros. To me it makes no sense why GHA would run a bus branded for a route 40 miles away and a bus that unless you look closely can't be instantly identified as a GHA vehicle, in a area where they are supposed to be trying to make their name known and become a dominant force.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - T42 PVM - 08/01/2016 21:53

Seen one of their Cheshire Connect Darts in Warrington before, the back was that filthy it was impossible to ID it!

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Lynx - 08/01/2016 22:04

(08/01/2016 21:53)T42 PVM Wrote:  Seen one of their Cheshire Connect Darts in Warrington before, the back was that filthy it was impossible to ID it!

Yep that's the one, it's a right mess. Would give someone who hasn't previously used GHA a negative impression running around with a vehicle like that.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 09/01/2016 08:09

(08/01/2016 21:44)Lynx Wrote:  AA02 GHA has made a couple of appearances on the 45 this week as have several gold enviros. To me it makes no sense why GHA would run a bus branded for a route 40 miles away and a bus that unless you look closely can't be instantly identified as a GHA vehicle, in a area where they are supposed to be trying to make their name known and become a dominant force.

Which route is it branded for? I know the other Cheshire Connect DART is branded for the 27 route but Knutsford certainly isn't 40 miles from Warrington, more like 12.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Lynx - 09/01/2016 12:19

(09/01/2016 08:09)knutstransport Wrote:  Which route is it branded for? I know the other Cheshire Connect DART is branded for the 27 route but Knutsford certainly isn't 40 miles from Warrington, more like 12.

No the route branding I was referring to was the 42 branding on the enviros not the dart.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 09/01/2016 12:33

(09/01/2016 12:19)Lynx Wrote:  No the route branding I was referring to was the 42 branding on the enviros not the dart.

Ah OK. The 42 goes through Middlewich which is only around 20 miles from Warrington and less than 7 from Northwich.

There's a Beartown bus on the 27 today. I wonder if they've crammed in so many buses at Winsford with closing Macclesfield that it makes it difficult to keep the route branded buses on the correct services.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - DLG817 - 09/01/2016 16:13

(09/01/2016 08:09)knutstransport Wrote:  Which route is it branded for? I know the other Cheshire Connect DART is branded for the 27 route but Knutsford certainly isn't 40 miles from Warrington, more like 12.

AA02GHA is not route branded but carries the East Cheshire Connect livery - LINK

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Lynx - 09/01/2016 16:43

(09/01/2016 12:33)knutstransport Wrote:  Ah OK. The 42 goes through Middlewich which is only around 20 miles from Warrington and less than 7 from Northwich.

There's a Beartown bus on the 27 today. I wonder if they've crammed in so many buses at Winsford with closing Macclesfield that it makes it difficult to keep the route branded buses on the correct services.

Regardless it still makes no sense to be running a bus with route branding that bears no relation to the route it's running on. All operators are guilty of doing it but my point is it just looks strange and wouldn't exactly give a good professional image, in like I say, a area where GHA are trying to become a serious competitor.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 09/01/2016 17:36

(09/01/2016 16:43)Lynx Wrote:  Regardless it still makes no sense to be running a bus with route branding that bears no relation to the route it's running on. All operators are guilty of doing it but my point is it just looks strange and wouldn't exactly give a good professional image, in like I say, a area where GHA are trying to become a serious competitor.

Well there is something worst than using it in a different area - using it in the same area on a different route. Once when the 88 Enviros were being serviced (one at a time) the 27 branded Dart was used to fill in. The 27 services quite often depart from Knutsford bus station at exactly the same time as 88 services so that caused a bit of confusion.

In the early days of GHA running the 88 route there was once when a Llan Express livered bus filled in for one of the route branded Versas. To make it look even more lost the driver missed a turning in Knutsford and had to reverse in to a side road to turn the bus around. I think it's rare for a bus to be that far off the route it's branded for without having been loaned to another operator.

RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 09/01/2016 17:40

(09/01/2016 16:13)DLG817 Wrote:  AA02GHA is not route branded but carries the East Cheshire Connect livery - LINK

I thought it was (unless they recently changed it) meaning it's the only generic Cheshire Connect Dart and makes it easy to identify even when it's grubby. The Enviros branded for the 88 route are looking very grubby at the moment as well. Sometimes in Winter bus companies say they can't wash buses when it's too cold but as it's been a warm winter so far that isn't really an excuse they can use.