Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - St Helens Rider - 07/08/2016 21:05

(07/08/2016 20:43)Barney Wrote:  IIRC the 284 superseded the former Ribble S services to Southport prior to deregulation and were joint services with MPTE and Ribble. Immediately after deregulation North Western (previously Ribble) did run the 284 and 285 (to Freshfield) but at the time demand did not warrant a 15 minute frequency. I can't recall when NW withdrew but Merseybus (Southport depot) took over.
Apologies Barney - I think we were both responding at the same time. I'm pretty sure that North Western withdrew from the 284/5 at the same time as the introduction of the X8/X9.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - Quackdave - 07/08/2016 21:47

(07/08/2016 20:47)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Route 47 also serves Ince Blundell where as the 284 never did.

284 did serve Ince Blundell during its latter years - when I learnt the route in 1999, it was going that way. This was when the N-CLV Olympians were the regular vehicles.

For a while, there was even a sign on the northbound approach to the village, with "284" and a right-pointing arrow, reminding drivers to turn right onto Moor Lane. (The reason for this now becomes clear to me some 17 years later!)

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - Jack - 09/08/2016 16:34

(07/08/2016 20:47)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  To fit in with the 'simplified' network after arriva settled in following take over, the route crosses paths of routes 44/49. Route 47 also serves Ince Blundell where as the 284 never did.

Routes:
1-5 Former SMART services (Route 5 was also used on a short lived Liverpool to Rainhill via Huyton)
6 -10 East Prescot Road Corridor/Edge Lane services
11-19 East Liverpool services (via Tuebrook/Breck Road)
20-29 Sheil Road Circulars and former numbering of St Helens local routes.
(Also used on service 25: Southport Open Top Tour, 21:Stockbridge to Prescot Bus Station and Merseyline 20: City - Kirkby)
30-39 St Helens Local and Suburban Services
40-49 Southport Local Services
50-59 Sefton Services
60-69 Bootle to South Liverpool cross city services
70-79 South Liverpool Services (via Woolton and Childwall)
80-89 South Liverpool Services (Serving Speke)
90-99 Unused
1** Merseytravel Supported Services
2** Merseyravel Supported Services
3** Former Ribble and cross county services
4** Cross River and Wirral Services
6** Schools and 699 University Service
7** School Services
8** Industrial

Is this the 5 that was introduced after Huyton closed and replaced the 1 and 39? Went through to St Helens rather than just Rainhill.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - chris-s - 10/08/2016 10:35

Things off topic here guys. Let's stick to paint shop body and repair subject.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - Barney - 10/08/2016 12:56

(10/08/2016 10:35)chris-s Wrote:  Things off topic here guys. Let's stick to paint shop body and repair subject.

Back on topic, sort of. Does any one know whether whether Arriva's move to St Helens was planned or forced? It's at least two years since the paint and repair shop moved from Bootle to St Helens. As I understand it, the reason given at the time was that Sefton Council wanted the site and the large tract of adjacent land for redevelopment. It may surprise readers to learn that, apart from some partial demolition, the area is still totally derelict.

Also, the land that Arriva wanted to use to extend its Bootle depot following the closure of the former Ribble/Liverline site, but was refused permission by Sefton Council, is also still derelict and overgrown.

From an outsider's perspective, local authorities don't make it easy for the likes of Arriva.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - MX12 KVM - 10/08/2016 13:08

Wasn't it 2012 the bodyshop/paint shop moved from Bootle to St Helens?

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - motormayhem1 - 10/08/2016 13:52

As far as im aware the lease was up and setfon council didn't want to renew the contract due to redevelopment of the site and refused to sell the land at the side of bootle depots current site.
Arriva wanted to expand bootle depot to create extra parking and as you say both sites have yet to see development start on there.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - Metroline1511 - 13/08/2016 20:55

Even though this thread is mainly about vehicles entering the paint shop, I welcome your feedback about route numbers, which evidently changed in April 2000 soon after Arriva took over MTL.

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - motormayhem1 - 29/09/2016 16:49

J8 HTL is parked up outside the bodyshop

RE: Arriva St Helens Paint Shop & Repair Centre - MX12CFE - 03/10/2016 06:31

(29/09/2016 16:49)motormayhem1 Wrote:  J8 HTL is parked up outside the bodyshop

This was involved in an accident in Woolton Village last week. Have HTL now taken to Arriva for body repairs?