Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot (/showthread.php?tid=2)

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - motormayhem - 22/10/2012 18:24

(21/10/2012 01:35)busdude Wrote:  Any news on CX58 FZS (4405) whether or not its moving to a different depot or if its coming back to LS?

had a look at this today and id say its definitely going to wales as its had a full rear destination fitted just like the geminis in rhyl depot,and work on 4403 as started too.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - P450 SWX - 22/10/2012 18:59

Wales and must be Llandudno then?

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - V671 DVU - 22/10/2012 19:06

(22/10/2012 18:59)P450 SWX Wrote:  Wales and must be Llandudno then?

Why Would Llandudno need them? Llandudno is now an outstation of Bangor and operates nothing other than local routes. My guess would be Rhyl for the 12.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - P450 SWX - 22/10/2012 19:09

Sorry I meat Rhyl lol Iheard Wrexham but Ryl are the only ones with full rear blinds seems strange to fit them to the enviros and not just leave the number in the back glass

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - CX54 DKD - 22/10/2012 19:12

Wrexham's union have told drivers to expect 'newer' deckers in January but with the fitting of a full rear LED unit, I'd agree that Rhyl seems the likely destination for 4405. It'll be interesting therefore whether anything left over from Speke is split between garages in Wales or just gets allocated to a singular location as the Wrexham Pulsars were also wanted elsewhere as soon as possible (Bangor apparently).

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - V671 DVU - 22/10/2012 19:16

(22/10/2012 19:12)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Wrexham's union have told drivers to expect 'newer' deckers in January but with the fitting of a full rear LED unit, I'd agree that Rhyl seems the likely destination for 4405. It'll be interesting therefore whether anything left over from Speke is split between garages in Wales or just gets allocated to a singular location as the Wrexham Pulsars were also wanted elsewhere as soon as possible (Bangor apparently).

I'd honestly say that now with the extra Mylleniums at Speke, that might be seen as the extra capacity they wanted and now the deckers are going to Wales instead of Speke. Quite a come down for Speke from Enviros to Mylleniums, but makes a change Speke not getting deckers!

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - CX54 DKD - 22/10/2012 19:19

I did hear that there were ongoing discussions as to whether the whole batch could be allocated to Wales but I was sceptical (and remain so) as to whether that would actually happen. No doubt it'll become clear soon enough though.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - MPTE1955 - 22/10/2012 19:33

(22/10/2012 19:16)V671 DVU Wrote:  
(22/10/2012 19:12)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Wrexham's union have told drivers to expect 'newer' deckers in January but with the fitting of a full rear LED unit, I'd agree that Rhyl seems the likely destination for 4405. It'll be interesting therefore whether anything left over from Speke is split between garages in Wales or just gets allocated to a singular location as the Wrexham Pulsars were also wanted elsewhere as soon as possible (Bangor apparently).

I'd honestly say that now with the extra Mylleniums at Speke, that might be seen as the extra capacity they wanted and now the deckers are going to Wales instead of Speke. Quite a come down for Speke from Enviros to Mylleniums, but makes a change Speke not getting deckers!

Might be a good point regarding the mylleniums in that the 81/81A seems to have been exclusively mylleniums during the week since the Birkenhead ones arrived when previously you would see commanders and cadets at times. I think Speke wanted the extra capacity for that route in particular. Being a regular user of that route I can understand why and the mylleniums fit that route perfectly.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R557 ABA - 22/10/2012 20:02

4405 is going to Wrexham for a re-launch of the 1, the enviros that are going are undergoing a full overhall with the interior and exterior being stripped as well as certain mods undertaken.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - CX54 DKD - 22/10/2012 20:13

Thanks for that confirmation Tom! Are there any specifics as to the additional mods (I've heard WiFi mooted)?