Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot (/showthread.php?tid=2)

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - N301 CKB - 28/09/2012 12:13

Cannot see any small buses in the depot yet, maybe they are thinking of getting a Cadet around it!

I'm sure something will arrive shortly.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Palatine II - 28/09/2012 13:20

07 reg Pulsars to arrive January - to be used on the 2. I hear this from a manager, so it is indeed likely to happen.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - busdude - 28/09/2012 14:03

In the wirral news it says the Hybrids will have leather seating and free wi-fi

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Palatine II - 28/09/2012 14:25

That is correct BD. And why not! After all Arriva arnt paying for them Smile

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 28/09/2012 14:35

(28/09/2012 14:25)Palatine II Wrote:  That is correct BD. And why not! After all Arriva arnt paying for them Smile

Arriva do have to pay for the wifi and leather seats, and most of the bus too, They've only been paid for by a % of the bus grant. There not litterally 33 free buses with free extras

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Palatine II - 28/09/2012 14:52

It's free with the deal, 4400 - 4401 didnt cost anything to up grade. It's in one of the news lettersstating it, how ever I'm not disputing, you may well be correct. I shall look into it Wink

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 28/09/2012 16:25

Its sort of like the old SMART scheme but on a much larger scale, the buses have to be on specific routes and are either fully or part funded by somebody, in this case the government afaik as its under this go green scheme thing.

Arriva secured the hybrids as their pitch was that the tunnels are the most polluted areas of merseyside (apparantly, wouldnt suprise me), and to help reduce pollution in these areas they would put hybrid deckers on the cross river routes, hence they secured the funding.

I'd imagine Arriva would have to fund any optional features above the bog standard base model, such as leather seats and the WiFi - The idea is for it to be similar to the old MTL silver service- posh buses (still wont compare to the old olympians), and they won't be branded with CrossriverExpress like the enviros where - There is a competition in the depot to choose a brand for it as we speak.

Some of this has probably been mentioned before, im just summarising Wink

Luke

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 28/09/2012 18:25

(28/09/2012 14:52)Palatine II Wrote:  It's free with the deal, 4400 - 4401 didnt cost anything to up grade. It's in one of the news lettersstating it, how ever I'm not disputing, you may well be correct. I shall look into it Wink

Its on one of the bus grant files the amount that was supplied for the scheme for Birkenhead Depot, and It is not enough for 33 of one of the most expensive buses around plus extras (Wrightbus have never been the cheapest).

I think it was in the range of 60%-80% of the cost though

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - N301 CKB - 28/09/2012 18:28

Dennis Dart MPD 886 Y46 TDA has arrived at Laird Street.

4205 has also just been towed in by RNW.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Palatine II - 28/09/2012 19:25

Gareth! You always beat me to it! Haha