Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot (/showthread.php?tid=2)

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - V671 DVU - 20/08/2012 09:31

I wouldn't honestly be surprised if 7615 turned up at Green Lane soon, with 2103 reaching it's 15th Birthday in November that'll need replacing ASAP.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Penny Return - 20/08/2012 16:52

Had a ride on 7558 on the 418 this morning,in not to bad condition considering its a
Barnsley scrap dodger,far worse buses than this still in service with Arriva

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 20/08/2012 19:15

The 418/419 must be deserving of a decent allocation of buses by now , the route is a jack of all trades .

It moves people from the Beechwood Estate directly to Birkenhead Town Centre , it also moves people from Laird Street to Arrowe Park Hospital , and finally it moves people from Arrowe Park Hospital to Bebington , New Ferry (418) , Spital Cross Roads (419) , Bromborough and Mill Park Estate. It has seen some poor allocations and can be prone to failures .

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 20/08/2012 21:28

Always manages to be late too, not enough time on some parts, too much on others! If you use it day to day you'll know what I mean! I thought it was the darts to blame, but since theyve put the ex SL cadets on its just as bad! As we all know, the mechanics arnt happy with SLs bodge jobs on them... typical.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 20/08/2012 21:38

I actually live on part of the 418/9 , for some reason the service coming from the Mill Park to Bromborough Cross is always slightly late and in the other direction can invariably run early from Bromborough Cross to Mill Park it is very infuriating .

In days gone by you could blame the junctions at Plymyard Ave / Allport Road and Mount Road / Storeton Road but these are traffic light junctions now so those traffic congestion points should be sorted .

The 418 does have the Croft Avenue East junction to negotiate which is an interesting junction at certain times of the day to get through without any delay whereas the 419 has the easier of the two routes to get to Bebington Station.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - CX54 DKD - 20/08/2012 23:04

(20/08/2012 21:28)P493 MBY Wrote:  As we all know, the mechanics arnt happy with SLs bodge jobs on them... typical.
On this, I think it's worth remembering that the native LS examples aren't renown for being hugely reliable either.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 21/08/2012 02:03

Well cadets arent exactly Arriva's most reliable type wherever they come from , but at least they manage to keep them running long enough to get service out of them.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - busdude - 21/08/2012 02:37

ive grew up with the 418/419 because ive lived on the Beechwood all my life so ive seen some dodgy allocations on that bus! Its always late too, which im very used to, its meant to be due at my bus stop at 07 & 37 most days it doesnt come till like 14 & 44, i remember the time they routed it to go to Cheshire Oaks as well...bad times, it was either too early or too late back then, you couldnt win!

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - H101GEV - 21/08/2012 06:39

(20/08/2012 23:04)CX54 DKD Wrote:  On this, I think it's worth remembering that the native LS examples aren't renown for being hugely reliable either.

Indeed, and before (another) character assassination of Speke depot starts, I'll add the ex-Blue Bus Tridents which were reliable and rarely off the road while allocated to Speke. Hardly the same since Birkenhead got their hands on them!

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - P450 SWX - 21/08/2012 08:19

Has anyone seen 2479 recently not seen it for about 2 weeks