Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot (/showthread.php?tid=2)

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 11/08/2013 08:05

(10/08/2013 21:49)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  I'm sorry but DLA2 was awful, It had a great turn of speed, but it stunk of diesel in the lower saloon, and the "roar under breaking" was some form of fault that was not addressed, and the panel behind the driver's cab with the electrical circuitboard inside was pulled off and leaned against the back of the cab suggesting it had had some electrical work done whilst here, or removed otherwise by passengers

Spare bus 2424 was used on Rails later in the day

I hope that was used much later on , or with another vehicle as single decker vehicles should only really be used as a last resort when all other options are exhausted .

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 16/08/2013 19:33

President 4002 was noted finally on the road again today on the 418/9s after a considerable amount of time spent over the same pit.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 16/08/2013 20:19

Oh so that was the president i saw by Bebington Oval , are these presidents still leaving or is Birkenhead keeping them now .

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - M393VWX - 17/08/2013 14:46

2428\X428HJA broke down in Birkenhead bus station about 40-50 minutes ago it has just left now heading back to the depot being driven by a desk manager

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - SNL 824 - 17/08/2013 19:48

4200 was on the 117 earlier this evening.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R557 ABA - 19/08/2013 14:10

Quite interesting to see VDL SB200/Wright Pulsar 2 MX12 KWF (3133) with a full standing load heading towards West Kirby earlier on on the 437 which presumably will see use on the 432 and 433 this afternoon as well.

Ironically I observed there's a notice up about "Hectic Hybrids" meaning that they've found the Hybrids can't cope with demand around peak time, so their solution is to employ a few conventional diesel buses (probably the two remaining Alexander Dennis Enviro 400's) upping the pvr with extra capacity on the cross river services at peak times which should ease the hecticness of the loadings.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 19/08/2013 17:37

(19/08/2013 14:10)R557 ABA Wrote:  Ironically I observed there's a notice up about "Hectic Hybrids" meaning that they've found the Hybrids can't cope with demand around peak time, so their solution is to employ a few conventional diesel buses (probably the two remaining Alexander Dennis Enviro 400's) upping the pvr with extra capacity on the cross river services at peak times which should ease the hecticness of the loadings.

It is good how the buses have slowly been getting smaller over the past 5 years or so. It has been known for the enviro 400s and even the LWB Palatines to have capacity difficulty in peak time in the past. Therefore shorter hybrids lacking in seating on the lower deck are the perfect solution during a financial period in which public transport use is likely to increase by many (according to these people in high places anyway!), and in an era where we are being urged to use public transport more to save the planet etc.. the mind boggles!

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Arriva3137 - 19/08/2013 19:59

3133 was on the 433 this afternoon

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - busdude - 19/08/2013 22:42

(19/08/2013 17:37)R874 ERE Wrote:  
(19/08/2013 14:10)R557 ABA Wrote:  Ironically I observed there's a notice up about "Hectic Hybrids" meaning that they've found the Hybrids can't cope with demand around peak time, so their solution is to employ a few conventional diesel buses (probably the two remaining Alexander Dennis Enviro 400's) upping the pvr with extra capacity on the cross river services at peak times which should ease the hecticness of the loadings.

It is good how the buses have slowly been getting smaller over the past 5 years or so. It has been known for the enviro 400s and even the LWB Palatines to have capacity difficulty in peak time in the past. Therefore shorter hybrids lacking in seating on the lower deck are the perfect solution during a financial period in which public transport use is likely to increase by many (according to these people in high places anyway!), and in an era where we are being urged to use public transport more to save the planet etc.. the mind boggles!

Arriva can easily up the seating by 4 on the Hybrids, 3 fold up seats can be easily placed in the wheelchair space (ive seen on many B5LH's) and also changing one of the single chairs by the stairs into a double and keep one single (Like the Speke Gemini's). Surely this would help?

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 20/08/2013 15:56

(19/08/2013 22:42)busdude Wrote:  Arriva can easily up the seating by 4 on the Hybrids, 3 fold up seats can be easily placed in the wheelchair space (ive seen on many B5LH's) and also changing one of the single chairs by the stairs into a double and keep one single (Like the Speke Gemini's). Surely this would help?

I was thinking that myself, the space seems a bit wasted considering more people could be seated