Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot (/showthread.php?tid=2)

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 07/07/2013 19:52

The Wallasey Tunnel always takes a hit on this particular day and wasnt helped by the weather today with people making there way to the resort's if you can call them that of West Kirby , Hoylake and New Brighton.

Arriva and Merseytravel will have an after the event meeting to see what can be improved in subsequent years probably as a sea of buses going nowhere fast is not good at all.

What other events are planned that the Birkenhead Tunnel is closed for ?

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - MPTE1955 - 07/07/2013 20:15

To be honest this event had an effect on any bus leaving the city centre past the Queensway, it was just a pain.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 07/07/2013 20:28

(07/07/2013 19:52)wirralbus Wrote:  The Wallasey Tunnel always takes a hit on this particular day and wasnt helped by the weather today with people making there way to the resort's if you can call them that of West Kirby , Hoylake and New Brighton.

Arriva and Merseytravel will have an after the event meeting to see what can be improved in subsequent years probably as a sea of buses going nowhere fast is not good at all.

A bit off topic, but I've never heard anyone say "Oh let's all go to Hoylake"?
Can I ask what is actually there to attract a person into going? Might take to a visit myself

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - T42 PVM - 07/07/2013 21:04

can someone tell me what 4001 is like as i got a mate really looking into buying it for preservation

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 07/07/2013 21:10

(07/07/2013 20:28)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  
(07/07/2013 19:52)wirralbus Wrote:  The Wallasey Tunnel always takes a hit on this particular day and wasnt helped by the weather today with people making there way to the resort's if you can call them that of West Kirby , Hoylake and New Brighton.

A bit off topic, but I've never heard anyone say "Oh let's all go to Hoylake"?
Can I ask what is actually there to attract a person into going? Might take to a visit myself

The only reason everybody goes to West kirby up that way is because the entire public transport is centred on there .

You will find lots of car drivers find it easier to get a parking space at Hoylake , West Kirby being a minefield to get a parking space and New Brighton is slowly but surely becoming harder and harder to get a parking space near to all the amentities hence the 15 being started.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - SNL 824 - 07/07/2013 22:51

(07/07/2013 21:04)bolton bus basher Wrote:  can someone tell me what 4001 is like as i got a mate really looking into buying it for preservation

It's a Y-ABA what more can I say. Apparently not as bad as 4002. A bit of TLC in preservation would probably see it good though. But I reckon Arriva probably see it good for another year or two yet.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - T42 PVM - 07/07/2013 22:54

i know that, my mate is a massive blue bus (bolton) nut and now he on about getting hold of one of these when they come up, more than likley 4001

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - M60lad - 08/07/2013 06:05

Is your mate by any chance an ex Bluebus Driver? As he will probably remember them when Roger Jarvis bought them new, the were originally branded for 575/715 routes and when at Bolton used to perform faultlessly, either way it would be nice to see one of these in preservation one day

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - SNL 824 - 09/07/2013 20:01

i can't remember which, but one of them is not quite original after a fire

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 09/07/2013 20:10

(07/07/2013 22:51)SNL 824 Wrote:  
(07/07/2013 21:04)bolton bus basher Wrote:  can someone tell me what 4001 is like as i got a mate really looking into buying it for preservation

It's a Y-ABA what more can I say. Apparently not as bad as 4002. A bit of TLC in preservation would probably see it good though. But I reckon Arriva probably see it good for another year or two yet.

4002 is the fastest of the bunch however still just as unreliable.

(09/07/2013 20:01)SNL 824 Wrote:  i can't remember which, but one of them is not quite original after a fire

4000 was the one which had the fire IIRC, Y46 ABA.

4002 has been off the road for quite some time now, its currently on the pits and has been for over a week.