Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot (/showthread.php?tid=2)

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 27/06/2013 06:51

Gorsey Lane will be subjected to phased restrictions, at the junction of Poulton Road, Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 June 2013.

The restrictions will include:
A full closure of Poulton Road (westbound) at the junction with Gorsey Lane.
A full closure of Poulton Road (eastbound) at the junction with Gorsey Lane.
Two-way signals on Gorsey Lane and Oxton Road.

This will affect Arriva 403 , 433 and N450

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - YSV-205 - 28/06/2013 09:22

I asked a similar question for Stagecoach Chester & Wirral & got plenty of answers. Is it possible to walk around the perimeter to write down some fleet numbers or are there fences in the way? I see a big brick wall down Plumer Street, so wont see anything on that side. Is there any access down the other side or at the back (driving or on foot). What are the chances of getting permission from the Garage Manager to go into the yard / garage to write numbers down by just turning up in a hi-viz vest?

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 28/06/2013 15:57

(28/06/2013 09:22)YSV-205 Wrote:  I asked a similar question for Stagecoach Chester & Wirral & got plenty of answers. Is it possible to walk around the perimeter to write down some fleet numbers or are there fences in the way? I see a big brick wall down Plumer Street, so wont see anything on that side. Is there any access down the other side or at the back (driving or on foot). What are the chances of getting permission from the Garage Manager to go into the yard / garage to write numbers down by just turning up in a hi-viz vest?

Unfortunatly with Laird Street garage the only open side is the front entrance, behind is the railway and has high walls around each side.

As far as I know gaining access is difficult however phoning up wont hurt! Im not sure if anybody has had any luck getting in just by turning up and asking, worth a shot though i suppose!

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R557 ABA - 28/06/2013 20:36

Mini Pointer Dart Y46 TDA (886) was on the 403/413 today, it had a standing load when I saw it in Liscard en route to Seacombe Ferry, it's a bus that has turned up at the end of the day, better than missing it out completely I suppose.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - YSV-205 - 02/07/2013 09:05

(28/06/2013 15:57)R874 ERE Wrote:  
(28/06/2013 09:22)YSV-205 Wrote:  I asked a similar question for Stagecoach Chester & Wirral & got plenty of answers. Is it possible to walk around the perimeter to write down some fleet numbers or are there fences in the way? I see a big brick wall down Plumer Street, so wont see anything on that side. Is there any access down the other side or at the back (driving or on foot). What are the chances of getting permission from the Garage Manager to go into the yard / garage to write numbers down by just turning up in a hi-viz vest?

Unfortunatly with Laird Street garage the only open side is the front entrance, behind is the railway and has high walls around each side.

As far as I know gaining access is difficult however phoning up wont hurt! Im not sure if anybody has had any luck getting in just by turning up and asking, worth a shot though i suppose!

I was in Birkenhead on Sunday morning & went into the depot & asked permission. That permission was granted by an extremely friendly chap at reception (thanks to you if you read this forum). He said that was fine to do & just asked me to stay between the pedestrian lines & not to go into the workshop / garage. There were approx 70 buses in the yard.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R557 ABA - 03/07/2013 14:46

DAF SB120/Wright Cadet X449 HJA (2449) on the 432/433/437 this afternoon in place of a Hybrid.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - busdude - 03/07/2013 23:23

Suprisingly rode MX13 AAE on the 118 this evening

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - YSV-205 - 04/07/2013 15:54

Have the Enviro400's left Birkenhead depot. I didn't see ant there on Sunday 30th June? If so where have they gone to?

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - First Class - 04/07/2013 16:25

Enviro400 on the 464 this evening.

Hybrid on the 410.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - gka472l - 04/07/2013 18:08

(04/07/2013 15:54)YSV-205 Wrote:  Have the Enviro400's left Birkenhead depot. I didn't see ant there on Sunday 30th June? If so where have they gone to?

4421/2 still here, saw one of them on the 464 yesterday