Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot (/showthread.php?tid=2)

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Penny Return - 27/02/2013 20:22

(27/02/2013 18:44)sumner Wrote:  The list a few days back was actually posted on a Yahoo group and was just fleet/reg numbers, the list on Facebook is by Arriva themselves and shows which buses are allocated where.
It has been well documented where all the hybrids were going weeks ago on this group,
that list on facebook was nothing new

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Jack - 27/02/2013 20:52

I am aware of that, but that list is the first with numbers/reg plates/depots all in one.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 27/02/2013 21:12

We could all just thank sth77 for pointing us in the right direction for an up to date list containing fleet numbers, reg's and depot allocations posted by Arriva themselves instead of shooting him down, it just makes the forum feel a less pleasant place to be!

Its particularly useful to those like myself who havnt been paying attention to the hybrids and are unsure whats going where - plus as its from arriva themselves i'd say its pretty reliable and can clear up any confusion anybody has. Thank you sth77!

On another note, i've managed to sample a section of the re-routed 487 this week. When I say a section, I mean I got on at one of the new stops on Breezehill road toward Liverpool. The first day I got it, which was monday, it was the 15.12 service from Brook Street - I was the only passenger to board on the extension and the driver was complaining about the traffic and how difficult it is to get a bus on that difficult right then imediate left turn from Bendee road onto Hinderton then onto Breezehill. He said its bad enough during the day, however as Neston High School finishes at 3pm the amount of cars in the area meant it was extremely difficult to get a bus down there, and it was only 2423 so god help him if he had a pulsar! While pulling out from Breezehill road onto Raby Park road the driver couldnt turn left due to parked cars on the corner, so had to attempt a 3 point turn. The school time traffic didnt allow this however so the driver had to ask some residents to move their cars.. sounds like the union might have something to say about it in the near future!

Luke

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 28/02/2013 15:34

Isnt possible that arriva could turn the route round the other way so when the bus departs Brook Street the bus turns back along High St , to Ladies Walk , then Raby Road and and then onto Raby Park Road and Breezehill Road and then reverse of the 487 route .

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 28/02/2013 15:54

(28/02/2013 15:34)wirralbus Wrote:  Isnt possible that arriva could turn the route round the other way so when the bus departs Brook Street the bus turns back along High St , to Ladies Walk , then Raby Road and and then onto Raby Park Road and Breezehill Road and then reverse of the 487 route .

That would probably make more sense seing as its the Ness Gardens to Brook street via little neston section actually picks up passengers!

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - SNL 824 - 28/02/2013 17:28

The most pointless bit is that there only appear to be two stops the entire length of Breezehill and none at all on raby Road.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 28/02/2013 17:41

I do wonder if the extension from Hinderton Road to Brooke Street is experimental and if not used will revert to turning left back towards Neston Cross the more conventional way.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 28/02/2013 18:58

(28/02/2013 17:28)SNL 824 Wrote:  The most pointless bit is that there only appear to be two stops the entire length of Breezehill and none at all on raby Road.

I know the extension including this section is to replace contract 23 currently operated by GHA, The idea was to make Neston more connected to its surrounding area for the elderly people of Neston, Ness and Little Neston.

I agree with you there - The 2 bus stops recently put up on Breezehill Road are ok, however theyre both on the raby park road half of Breezehill - the stop before this is by the wirral way over the road from the Neston Clinic on Bushell/Mellock lane which is quite a considerable gap.. there is a stop opposite 'The Quillet' on Bushell road, however is unmarked, aka no flag, and the flag on the other side of the road no longer says both directions on it, and the timetable only lists buses in the opposite direction. A bus stop needs to be put up on the hinderton road half of Breezehill and also one just before hinderton road opposite the quillet!

Also seeing as Ness Gardens, according to the route instructor, is not actually a terminus, it would make sense to reduce the time parked up there so its just a few minutes, enough time for the driver to stretch his or her legs and have a quick cigarette if they wish, then straight out - parking up there for 10 minutes seems a bit pointless and might as well cut down on time there and leave neston at the old time of 5 past and 35 past the hour - just a thought!

I suppose any reasonable alterations to improve the route will be considered in due course .

Luke

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Penny Return - 28/02/2013 19:11

Looking at the merseytravel update in the wirral globe and they are saying what a wonderful
service the QBS is,with a new logo,i must be missing somethingLaugh

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 28/02/2013 19:22

How have they managed to eke out of the timetable the time to extend the route to Ness Gardens , have they added an extra vehicle into the 487 ?