Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot (/showthread.php?tid=2)

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - SNL 824 - 22/02/2013 21:58

(22/02/2013 17:34)wirralbus Wrote:  
(22/02/2013 16:41)R557 ABA Wrote:  
(22/02/2013 16:13)N271CKB Wrote:  Things were quite cramped to say the least ok the 472 this afternoon where 2435 made an appearance.
People were left behind in Birkenhead bus stn and outside the asda.

That happens frequently on the 471/472, I was on Stagecoach YN04 GNU on it last week, came in from Liverpool with a good standing load, I was lucky enough to get on it whilst the 10 or so passengers behind me at Birkenhead Bus Station couldn't get on, there where people standing all the way from the back to the front doors making boarding and alighting difficult for people hence it never stopped to pick passengers up until it got to Arrowe Park Hispital but people where alighting at nearly every stop though.

This needs deckers and to be honest the the arriva section needs to be split from the 407, so the deckers arent swanning up to moreton when the Heswall service sounds like it needs to be deckers contrary to certain elements of this forum saying it doesnt .
I had a Stagecoach Scania on the 472 mid-afternoon last saturday- most seats full for most of the journey. A peak journey would have definitely meant folks left behind. I get the Arriva thing is only temporary, but the Stagecoach mis-allocations seem to be a permanent feature inherited from First. I guess you can change the name on the depot and buses but it may take a little longer to change the culture and operations.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - N301 CKB - 22/02/2013 22:59

(22/02/2013 20:11)3111 Wrote:  
(22/02/2013 12:27)V671 DVU Wrote:  Been informed that Green Lane Cadet 2551 is out on the 495 today, keep an eye out for that horrible bus!
Yep - it arrived in Birkenhead Bus Station from the Liverpool direction at about 08:00-ish displaying "Birkenhead 495" (I was at the Chester-bound 1/2 stop), however it'd just left the bus station by the time that I got to by the travel centre to get a photo of it!

This was the same time that I seen it, while I was on the 407 on 4201. It pulled up onto the stand.

In other news, at least 2 more Hybrids have arrived in the depot, not sure on fleet Nos, I would think that they would be Laird Streets own.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 22/02/2013 23:15

2551 is on a month loan to Birkenhead.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Penny Return - 23/02/2013 13:03

Debut day for the hybrids in to service is 24 March

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - SNL 824 - 23/02/2013 22:31

Thanks - that gives us something to plan for.

Drove past Heswall Bus Station twice this afternoon. First time - enviro on layover - second time - pulsar. Both are just bad allocations really.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Palatine II - 23/02/2013 22:33

I fail to see why people complain over the QBPS'. A bus is a bus to a passanger. It'd be worse if they skip buses out. 819 - 471 tonight, 2551 has problems.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - CX54 DKD - 23/02/2013 23:00

Really? From the comments I regularly hear from passengers, I'd disagree! Even if a bus is a bus, the QBPs supposedly offer the passenger more than that. 'Combined, convenient, frequent' services. The QBP has caused a deterioration in frequency for the 10/A services which I use and I know it's been a poor show across other routes too. Merseytravel also promise 'modern' vehicles with the insinuation, you'd have thought anyway, of sufficient capacity. Even if a 'bus is a bus' passengers know when they've got a crap one and when they're being hard done by as far as capacity is concerned. The QBPs are probably more applicable to the everyday passenger than anything else regularly discussed on the forum due to the laughable and ludicrous manor in which Merseytravel has promoted and conducted them thus far.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - N301 CKB - 23/02/2013 23:42

(23/02/2013 22:31)SNL 824 Wrote:  Thanks - that gives us something to plan for.

Drove past Heswall Bus Station twice this afternoon. First time - enviro on layover - second time - pulsar. Both are just bad allocations really.

Pulsar on the 432/3/7 today also. This is going to keep happening until the hybrids are put into service, seems as though some of the Enviro's have gone before they arrive, Plus the buses sent over to cover are sitting at the back of the depot out of use!

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - mr t - 24/02/2013 00:31

(21/02/2013 09:47)Penny Return Wrote:  BBS closed again for 4 weeks from 25/2 for re surfacing work lanes 1-7 will be shut
must be the most re done road on the wirral,place needs aborting and moved elsewhere

I was in BBS yesterday and from what i can see there is absolutely nothing wrong with the road surface, no holes, its not breaking up, the only hole is on the pedestrian crossing at the lights, unless ive really missed something.
So it begs the question, why is the work taking 4 weeks, why is it being done anyway (in comparison Queen Squares in a worse state!), and why cant just that hole be filled in which would take about an hour!!! More Merseytravel reacting over the top again to cause passenger inconvenience.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 24/02/2013 12:00

(24/02/2013 00:31)mr t Wrote:  I was in BBS yesterday and from what i can see there is absolutely nothing wrong with the road surface, no holes, its not breaking up, the only hole is on the pedestrian crossing at the lights, unless ive really missed something.
So it begs the question, why is the work taking 4 weeks, why is it being done anyway (in comparison Queen Squares in a worse state!), and why cant just that hole be filled in which would take about an hour!!! More Merseytravel reacting over the top again to cause passenger inconvenience.

I'd imagine theyre only resurfacing stands 1-4 as they havnt been done yet, whereas 5-7 where done just over a year ago.

As for the condition of the roads, you're right, theyre almost imaculate! The part they need to resurface is claughton road leading from the bus station to the mini roundabout by mecca bingo, very bad potholes on there!