Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot (/showthread.php?tid=2)

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - MX12 KWB - 28/10/2012 22:28

if i remember rightly a tacho is what goes underneath the spedo of buses/coaches

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - J654UHN - 28/10/2012 22:32

It used to be. Most operators are switching to Digital ones

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 28/10/2012 23:26

It just records driving hours and speed travelled, distance travelled, etc - basicly stops drivers speeding and exceding the legal hours they are allowed to drive for.

Most of Laird Streets tacho vehicles are digital tachos as J654UHN mentioned, but some are still old style tachometer like in the cadets which have them.

Luke

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - MX12 KWB - 29/10/2012 10:56

yep i knew i was right im just waiting now for the Hybrids to arrive, i have been on a few speke depot ones from queen square and there mostly on the oh i do know lol

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 29/10/2012 11:33

(29/10/2012 10:56)MX12 KWB Wrote:  yep i knew i was right im just waiting now for the Hybrids to arrive, i have been on a few speke depot ones from queen square and there mostly on the oh i do know lol

Spekes ones are Wrightbus Gemini VDL DB300's (a simular chasis to the pulsar)
Laird St ones are Wrightbus Gemini Volvo B5HL's

They may have a simular outside, but they will be taller, less capacity, Unusual layout downstairs and hybrid. (with special extras such as wifi)

photo credit to: Ray Parnaby

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R879 HRF - 29/10/2012 12:21

Correct, completely different!

Its a bit like comparing one of first birkenheads solars to a pulsar 1- very similar looks, but everything else is completley different.

The B5HL is already out and about in some parts of the country, a quick youtube search should find many videos of the examples already running in London.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - kuyoyo - 29/10/2012 12:45

(29/10/2012 11:33)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  
(29/10/2012 10:56)MX12 KWB Wrote:  yep i knew i was right im just waiting now for the Hybrids to arrive, i have been on a few speke depot ones from queen square and there mostly on the oh i do know lol

Spekes ones are Wrightbus Gemini VDL DB300's (a simular chasis to the pulsar)
Laird St ones are Wrightbus Gemini Volvo B5HL's

They may have a simular outside, but they will be taller, less capacity, Unusual layout downstairs and hybrid. (with special extras such as wifi)

photo credit to: Ray Parnaby

Or even less capacity if they are to the same spec as Go North East's recently delivered 15 B5LHs to include a Pushchair bay (Photo @ North East and Regional Bus Photos).

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - wirralbus - 29/10/2012 13:09

It remains to be seen how reliable these buses are .

Is the January arrival a definitive date , wonder whether Merseytravel and Arriva will have a joint press launch to herald these hybrid buses .

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - R557 ABA - 29/10/2012 13:40

(29/10/2012 13:09)wirralbus Wrote:  It remains to be seen how reliable these buses are .

Is the January arrival a definitive date , wonder whether Merseytravel and Arriva will have a joint press launch to herald these hybrid buses .

The B5LH's in London seem pretty reliable however most of their terrain is flat and obviously not like some routes on the Wirral. That said I guess we'll have to wait and see, there are various bits on the web that suggest that they're due in January.

RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot - Palatine II - 29/10/2012 15:12

2345 now at GL