Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Manchester Bee Network - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manchester Bee Network (/showthread.php?tid=1706)

Pages: 1 2

Manchester Bee Network - KXW212 - 04/10/2021 17:49

First Manchester 'Vantage' 39257 will be parked in the South East corner of St Peters Square until Wednesday. It carries an allover yellow 'wrap' promoting the forthcoming franchising scheme, which on this seems to get the name 'Manchester Bee Network'. Whether it actually enters service like this I don't know.

RE: Manchester Bee Network - Mrboo - 06/10/2021 22:15

Well makes you think are First Group on board or has been forced to offer one of their buses.

RE: Manchester Bee Network - Barney - 07/10/2021 07:52

(06/10/2021 22:15)Mrboo Wrote:  Well makes you think are First Group on board or has been forced to offer one of their buses.

I was amazed to learn that there is no multi-operator, multi-modal ticket available in the TfGM area as, where I live (Merseyside), these have been available for decades in various forms marketed by Merseytravel.

Unless something really unexpected happens, it is almost certain that the proposed franchising of the bus network in Greater Manchester will happen as planned. Consequently, all current bus operators have a vested interest in ensuring that they are involved if they wish to continue trading. As for First being forced to offer one of their buses for display in the new colours, I would suggest that First can see the writing on the wall.

RE: Manchester Bee Network - T42 PVM - 07/10/2021 08:34

(07/10/2021 07:52)Barney Wrote:  I was amazed to learn that there is no multi-operator, multi-modal ticket available in the TfGM area as, where I live (Merseyside), these have been available for decades in various forms marketed by Merseytravel.

Unless something really unexpected happens, it is almost certain that the proposed franchising of the bus network in Greater Manchester will happen as planned. Consequently, all current bus operators have a vested interest in ensuring that they are involved if they wish to continue trading. As for First being forced to offer one of their buses for display in the new colours, I would suggest that First can see the writing on the wall.

Would the System One not be the type of ticket you mention, I get the Bus and Train one whenever i am up that way.

RE: Manchester Bee Network - Mayneway - 07/10/2021 09:31

(07/10/2021 07:52)Barney Wrote:  I was amazed to learn that there is no multi-operator, multi-modal ticket available in the TfGM area as, where I live (Merseyside), these have been available for decades in various forms marketed by Merseytravel.

System one travel has been around since the dorn. It sells multi operator, multi mode day, week, month and annual tickets which are available very easily.
I’m a driver in Manchester and sell loads of S1 tickets, infact some smaller operators only sell S1 day and weeklys and don’t bother with their own.

RE: Manchester Bee Network - Mayneway - 07/10/2021 09:33

(06/10/2021 22:15)Mrboo Wrote:  Well makes you think are First Group on board or has been forced to offer one of their buses.

The buses were funded by TFGM were they not? They run solely on a TFGM contract so makes perfect sense. They won’t tart up one of the Hybrid Versa’s or solos as they are seen as a huge white elephant.

RE: Manchester Bee Network - knutstransport - 07/10/2021 16:54

(07/10/2021 09:33)Mayneway Wrote:  The buses were funded by TFGM were they not? They run solely on a TFGM contract so makes perfect sense. They won’t tart up one of the Hybrid Versa’s or solos as they are seen as a huge white elephant.

Aren't the Manchester Metroshuttle buses already in a yellow livery?

Perhaps they wanted to use a decker so it would stand out more?

RE: Manchester Bee Network - Mayneway - 07/10/2021 18:46

(07/10/2021 16:54)knutstransport Wrote:  Aren't the Manchester Metroshuttle buses already in a yellow livery?

Perhaps they wanted to use a decker so it would stand out more?

Yeah although the free bus livery is somewhat different to the new livery.

RE: Manchester Bee Network - Mrboo - 07/10/2021 23:36

System One 1 day AnyBus, Train & Tram Adult (Off Peak)£10.00 Off-peak
System One 1 day AnyBus Adult £6.00 All Day
System One 1 day AnyBus & Tram Adult (Off-Peak) £7.50 Off-peak
System One 1 day AnyBus & Train Adult (Off-Peak) £7.70 Off-peak
System One 1 day Any Train & Tram Adult (Off Peak) £9.30 All Day

Wayfarer Bus ( all day) Train and Tram (off peak) £14.70

get me there 1 day AnyBus Adult£6.00 All Day
get me there 1 day AnyBus & Tram Adult (Off Peak) £7.50Off-peak
get me there 1 day AnyBus & Tram Adult£9.00 All Day
5 Days AnyBus Adult £28.50 All Day
3 Days AnyBus Adult £17.50 All Day
10 Days AnyBus Adult £54.00 All Day

RE: Manchester Bee Network - KXW212 - 08/10/2021 13:14

According to the latest GMCA Transport committee meeting minutes 39257 will be undertaking a 'tour' of the 10 GM boroughs to promote/inform about the proposed 'Bee Network'. No precise details were given.