Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers (/showthread.php?tid=165)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers - T42 PVM - 14/06/2012 19:34

yet theres nothing on breakingnews.com or anywhere else about this

RE: Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers - Phil - 14/06/2012 19:36

Hmmm. Maybe it's all speculation for now. The Echo isn't the most reliable paper in the world.

I'm going to reserve judgement until something stone wall turns up. Hope it's true though. Smile

RE: Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers - K853 MTJ - 14/06/2012 19:47

I'd be divided myself. It would be interesting to see, but at the same time it would mean the end to operations on Merseyside as we know it!
Regarding legal battles however, I wouldn't be so sure about First. They are already rumoured to be looking for buyers for Rockferry, so I do wonder if this regulation did go ahead if it would cue First to close Rockferry and withdraw from Liverpool at least!

RE: Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers - T42 PVM - 14/06/2012 19:52

i would expect a lot of bus firms just to go on strike over it all

RE: Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers - P450 SWX - 14/06/2012 19:57

Anything online

RE: Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers - SNL 824 - 14/06/2012 20:02

I think it was back in 2006 that Liverpool Council Lib Dems proposed that Merseytraxel be given the powers to reregulate, so this is not a new idea. Just a different party proposing it.

RE: Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers - St Helens Rider - 14/06/2012 20:44

Just done a Google search for the story and couldn't find anything.

RE: Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers - T42 PVM - 14/06/2012 21:09

i did that and looked on breakingnews.com and echo website and merseytravel website

RE: Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers - R557 ABA - 14/06/2012 21:25

Here's a link to it on the Daily Post,

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2012/06/14/labour-unveils-plans-for-local-control-of-buses-99623-31177538/

RE: Merseytravel gain London Style Bus Powers - CX54 DKD - 14/06/2012 21:31

Thanks for the link Tom.
Quote:Ms Eagle, the Garston and Halewood MP and Labour’s transport spokeswoman, said: “It’s time that fares and services were agreed, not with profits, but with passengers in mind.”
My only grinding point with this is that it's the profit which currently goes toward improving services in the long run through new vehicles etc. Under regulation, with profit diminished if this statement is anything to go by, who's going to pick up the bill for new vehicles? Tax payers? I see pro's and con's to this so I'm really undecided as to what my actual opinion of it would be.