Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables (/showthread.php?tid=1627)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables - Liamkennedy2231 - 24/08/2020 19:34

After some digging around on the Merseytravel site, I have now found their published timetables for the 500 Express and 82A.

500: https://merseytravel.adidocdn.dev/timetables/Bus/500-30Aug20.pdf
82A: https://merseytravel.adidocdn.dev/timetables/Bus/82A-30Aug20.pdf

The 82A timetable isn’t actually listed on Merseytravel’s site so can only be accessed via the direct link. I managed to find this by simply replacing ‘500’ in the 500’s timetable link with ‘82A’. This may also work for other timetables which aren’t listed.

RE: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables - Walton 46 - 30/08/2020 20:06

Day 1 of the new 500 timetable. Because the Merseytravel issued timetable doesn't mention it's a limited stop service between Aigburth and the Airport, I noticed when I was travelling on the service today there was a lot of confused passengers who stuck out their hand, only for the bus to sail past them.

Also, not sure if this has been discussed previously but I've noticed the new 82A finishes much earlier than the previous previous 500 service. Last bus from Murdishaw is 6.57pm Mon-Sat and 5.27pm on Sunday. The last bus from Murdishaw on the previous 500 was at 9.35pm. Don't think the residents of Hale and Halebank will be too impressed

RE: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables - Liamkennedy2231 - 30/08/2020 20:44

(30/08/2020 20:06)Walton 46 Wrote:  Day 1 of the new 500 timetable. Because the Merseytravel issued timetable doesn't mention it's a limited stop service between Aigburth and the Airport, I noticed when I was travelling on the service today there was a lot of confused passengers who stuck out their hand, only for the bus to sail past them.

Also, not sure if this has been discussed previously but I've noticed the new 82A finishes much earlier than the previous previous 500 service. Last bus from Murdishaw is 6.57pm Mon-Sat and 5.27pm on Sunday. The last bus from Murdishaw on the previous 500 was at 9.35pm. Don't think the residents of Hale and Halebank will be too impressed

Yes, it is a blow to residents of that area, unfortunately. However the positives outweigh the negatives in that there is overall a much better service between Liverpool Airport and Liverpool One now. Beechwood/Aintree (whoever sorts the timetables) should definitely look into the possibility for earlier and later services, as there was quite a demand for this on the previous 500. Runcorn does suffer due to a lack of late running services, therefore affecting many of the communities they serve.

RE: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables - Barney - 31/08/2020 07:24

(30/08/2020 20:44)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Yes, it is a blow to residents of that area, unfortunately. However the positives outweigh the negatives in that there is overall a much better service between Liverpool Airport and Liverpool One now. Beechwood/Aintree (whoever sorts the timetables) should definitely look into the possibility for earlier and later services, as there was quite a demand for this on the previous 500. Runcorn does suffer due to a lack of late running services, therefore affecting many of the communities they serve.

I have no idea what the passenger loadings are on later services from Murdishaw towards Liverpool but assume that Arriva has concluded that there is insufficient demand and not viable. One possible solution could be to run later short journeys to and from the airport but that will only happen if there is sufficient pressure from the local communities that have been adversely affected by these recent changes.

RE: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables - Liamkennedy2231 - 31/08/2020 07:31

(31/08/2020 07:24)Barney Wrote:  I have no idea what the passenger loadings are on later services from Murdishaw towards Liverpool but assume that Arriva has concluded that there is insufficient demand and not viable. One possible solution could be to run later short journeys to and from the airport but that will only happen if there is sufficient pressure from the local communities that have been adversely affected by these recent changes.

Yes that does sound like a good solution, as passengers can then connect for the 500 if need be.

I’m sure this still wouldn’t please some, as there is always a few groaners who complain about their local bus not going from door to door direct!

RE: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables - iMarkeh - 31/08/2020 21:06

I think the one they should be looking at first is putting on earlier 79Cs. Now the route is ran by Runcorn and the 14A is gone, services from Hough Green towards Widnes and Runcorn are much later in the morning now. Now over an hour and a half later which is a huge difference. You can't get into Halton Lea until 8.22 when previously it was 6.34. Absolutely bonkers that one. At a minimum I believe Arriva need to review that as that will push so many people in Hough Green away from the buses. They had 12 buses per hour previously on the 79/79C and the 14 route groups and now they are down to 3 buses per hour and a not very useful timetable for anyone who works.

Hale isn't so much of an issue I would say as it's a small village. Halebank and Ditton though similarly have quite big reductions in service. I understand this is due to Arriva not wanting the dead millage over the bridge but now they have people who commute into Runcorn who can no longer get to work on time because I believe Arriva hasn't thought about these passengers and thought more about paying the toll bridge.

RE: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables - Liamkennedy2231 - 31/08/2020 21:42

I see this as an opportunity for Ashcroft who have been quite active in the local bus service scene this year. While the (old) 500 was on diversion via Ramsbrook Ln And Higher Rd into Halebank, they ran a shuttle service from Hale to Speke to maintain connections into Liverpool City Centre.

Potentially there could be a Liverpool Airport to Widnes via Hale service that only runs early morning and late night? This would then at least maintain some links to Runcorn via Hale and Widnes from Liverpool One. 500 from Liverpool One to Airport, then the Ashcroft's Service to Widnes and then the 110/79C into Runcorn.

I know that sounds fiddly but I don’t think neither the local authorities nor operators are willing to invest in earlier/later, direct 82As. Certainly not Arriva anyway.

RE: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables - Barney - 31/08/2020 22:30

(31/08/2020 21:42)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  I see this as an opportunity for Ashcroft who have been quite active in the local bus service scene this year. While the (old) 500 was on diversion via Ramsbrook Ln And Higher Rd into Halebank, they ran a shuttle service from Hale to Speke to maintain connections into Liverpool City Centre.

Potentially there could be a Liverpool Airport to Widnes via Hale service that only runs early morning and late night? This would then at least maintain some links to Runcorn via Hale and Widnes from Liverpool One. 500 from Liverpool One to Airport, then the Ashcroft's Service to Widnes and then the 110/79C into Runcorn.

I know that sounds fiddly but I don’t think neither the local authorities nor operators are willing to invest in earlier/later, direct 82As. Certainly not Arriva anyway.

I suspect that the shuttle service was a temporary contract. Unless the local authority is prepared to subsidise a tendered service, there is little chance of these early morning and late evening services being restored.

RE: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables - Liamkennedy2231 - 31/08/2020 23:10

(31/08/2020 22:30)Barney Wrote:  I suspect that the shuttle service was a temporary contract. Unless the local authority is prepared to subsidise a tendered service, there is little chance of these early morning and late evening services being restored.

Yes it most likely was, but I mean if Ashcrofts wanted to expand their commercial operations this could be an option. Always theoretical of course, as there are probably many practical problems with my solution.

RE: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables - Raawwwrrr! - 01/09/2020 06:33

(31/08/2020 23:10)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Yes it most likely was, but I mean if Ashcrofts wanted to expand their commercial operations this could be an option. Always theoretical of course, as there are probably many practical problems with my solution.

Ashcroft’s don’t operate a single commercial service, all their routes are subsidised or part-subsidised in some form or another.