Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Manchester bus franchising - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manchester bus franchising (/showthread.php?tid=1579)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Manchester bus franchising - Michael - 30/03/2023 06:06

(30/03/2023 00:58)Mayneway Wrote:  It’s made up of two independents though. Bluebird and JPT.

It is one of the 10 large francises

RE: Manchester bus franchising - Michael - 17/04/2023 12:25

Stagecoach have announced they have won a franchise to operate schools in the Bolton Wigan & Salford areas requiring 51 buses & 23 employees who will transfer in from other depots

RE: Manchester bus franchising - Mrboo - 18/04/2023 10:49

Looks like Vision has also got School work. that will account for them going for new Bolton depot. Does mean Atlantic Travel lost out. https://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/stagecoach-and-vision-win-bee-network-school-contracts/

RE: Manchester bus franchising - Nwales Bus - 18/04/2023 17:05

(18/04/2023 10:49)Mrboo Wrote:  Looks like Vision has also got School work. that will account for them going for new Bolton depot. Does mean Atlantic Travel lost out. https://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/stagecoach-and-vision-win-bee-network-school-contracts/

Have Vision announced that they are leaving Blackrod, as Go North West are taking over Diamond Bolton yard and the new one in Wigan. Diamond moving all operations to Eccles. Blackrod is in perfect location for both the Wigan and Bolton schools whilst the Salford runs can be reached by coming down the M61

RE: Manchester bus franchising - Scania3379man - 18/04/2023 19:15

(18/04/2023 17:05)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Have Vision announced that they are leaving Blackrod, as Go North West are taking over Diamond Bolton yard and the new one in Wigan. Diamond moving all operations to Eccles. Blackrod is in perfect location for both the Wigan and Bolton schools whilst the Salford runs can be reached by coming down the M61

hi NWales Bus,

which new wigan depot? just curious. it is martland mill, nr robin park, wigan? tell me if im wrong. i think stagecoach already have depot in lockett road, Bryn. why stagecoach need new one in wigan?

thanks

Martyn

RE: Manchester bus franchising - Mrboo - 18/04/2023 22:58

(18/04/2023 17:05)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Have Vision announced that they are leaving Blackrod, as Go North West are taking over Diamond Bolton yard and the new one in Wigan. Diamond moving all operations to Eccles. Blackrod is in perfect location for both the Wigan and Bolton schools whilst the Salford runs can be reached by coming down the M61
I seen somewhere that the owner of arriva depot is a friend of Vision. so could of talk about renting that depot. I cant find the post I saw about it. but they would need a smaller depot in Bolton if it only a small fleet.

RE: Manchester bus franchising - Guardian - 19/04/2023 00:29

(18/04/2023 22:58)Mrboo Wrote:  I seen somewhere that the owner of arriva depot is a friend of Vision. so could of talk about renting that depot. I cant find the post I saw about it. but they would need a smaller depot in Bolton if it only a small fleet.

They’re remaining at the current depot in Blackrod.

RE: Manchester bus franchising - Mrboo - 21/04/2023 16:23

Now I see big issues with Stagecoach & Vison getting schools. What Drivers are being Tuped and who not? as currently some may do Schools then service work then back to School. You all know it going to happen with a total lack of drivers. DNW are going to find they don't get the drivers with the routes so then take drivers from Bolton. and the chain will happen as stagecoach will do same.

RE: Manchester bus franchising - Mayneway - 21/04/2023 23:53

(18/04/2023 22:58)Mrboo Wrote:  I seen somewhere that the owner of arriva depot is a friend of Vision. so could of talk about renting that depot. I cant find the post I saw about it. but they would need a smaller depot in Bolton if it only a small fleet.

Roger Jarvis (ex Bluebus owner) drives for vision as a hobby and owns the Arriva yard but how can he rent it to Vision when he’s already renting it to Diamond?

RE: Manchester bus franchising - Mayneway - 21/04/2023 23:59

(21/04/2023 16:23)Mrboo Wrote:  Now I see big issues with Stagecoach & Vison getting schools. What Drivers are being Tuped and who not? as currently some may do Schools then service work then back to School. You all know it going to happen with a total lack of drivers. DNW are going to find they don't get the drivers with the routes so then take drivers from Bolton. and the chain will happen as stagecoach will do same.

Drivers will move about and go where they want. Many of the vision drivers will probably now stay on with them. The market will open and there will most likely be mass movement of drivers between depots.
I’ve said myself that depending who wins what I’ll leave where I am now and move to the depot closer to my home.

The biggest issue with school only contracts is they normally only attract certain drivers. It doesn’t appeal to most as it’s a split and the money isn’t the best.