Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Rossendalebus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Rossendalebus (/showthread.php?tid=1565)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Rossendalebus - robertclark125 - 17/12/2017 19:34

Even though Bury is just a few miles away from Rochdale, could they move Haslingden to Bury, as it's pretty much ready made, and even move Cityzap from Burnley to Bury?

RE: Rossendalebus - busesdotorg1920x - 17/12/2017 21:29

(17/12/2017 18:22)SF07 Wrote:  I should imagine that seeing as Transdev would only gain the Rochdale depot, then some of Rosso's existing Haslingden depot services would have to be re-organised to Blackburn, Burnley and Rochdale depots (be interesting to see how much room there would be at Rochdale for additional services).

I should imagine that services that operate wholly in Greater Manchester would transfer to Rochdale depot. Services in Rawtenstall could be split between Burnley and Rochdale, while the 244 could feasibly transfer to Blackburn depot, having previously ran some journeys a couple of years ago. Given the 464 is split between the two depots at the moment, would that be transferred wholly to Rochdale or would Blackburn/Burnley run some journeys?

Should be interesting to see what the integrated ticket will be like. The Rosso Rover ticket (£5) perhaps could be replaced by the Transdev Lancashire (silver) day ticket (£6.50), whilst keeping the GMSaver tickets for use in Greater Manchester (perhaps accept them on the X41/X43 between Prestwich and Manchester). Then perhaps introduce a Rossendale ticket range for use in Rawtenstall, Bacup, Edenfield and Haslingden.

Also, with the new bus station at Rawtenstall, I wonder whether this will see the X43 now use the new station to connect with the existing Rosso services to provide connections to/from Manchester.

I'd guess they will split the 464 between Blackburn and Rochdale as well as possibly the 484? I agree with your comment about the 244, could the 463, 482 and 483 move to Burnley perhaps??

RE: Rossendalebus - Nicholas - 18/12/2017 18:44

I think people are really jumping the gun regarding the Haslingden depot.

Nothing says that Rosso will move out. Most likely is that Transdev will lease the site from the council.

RE: Rossendalebus - iMarkeh - 18/12/2017 18:51

(18/12/2017 18:44)Nicholas Wrote:  I think people are really jumping the gun regarding the Haslingden depot.

Nothing says that Rosso will move out. Most likely is that Transdev will lease the site from the council.

How do we know the depot land isn't included in the sale? Council land, council owned bus company.... Just because it is council land, it was being used by the council at the time.... If the sale is included, I do still think that buses may move to Burnley/Blackburn and I do hope Rochdale takes on the CityZap as it is much closer to Ainsley Top and Manchester for both dead millage and general service recovery.

RE: Rossendalebus - Nicholas - 18/12/2017 18:59

(18/12/2017 18:51)iMarkeh Wrote:  How do we know the depot land isn't included in the sale? Council land, council owned bus company.... Just because it is council land, it was being used by the council at the time.... If the sale is included, I do still think that buses may move to Burnley/Blackburn and I do hope Rochdale takes on the CityZap as it is much closer to Ainsley Top and Manchester for both dead millage and general service recovery.

The press release states that the council is keeping the depot as a commercial investment. Not surprising given the depot was built new less that 10 years ago.

RE: Rossendalebus - iMarkeh - 18/12/2017 19:40

(18/12/2017 18:59)Nicholas Wrote:  The press release states that the council is keeping the depot as a commercial investment. Not surprising given the depot was built new less that 10 years ago.
Fair enough then. I didn't see that bit. I suppose as with any other bus company, it will depend on the cost of moving the depot and the cost of keeping the existing one. People are speculating what services could move and if things can move to Burnley, Blackburn and Rochdale, it may be they need a smaller depot. No company will keep a depot when all routes can be moved elsewhere or some routes can be moved reducing the amount of space needed.

If rent costs can be reduced, they will be. It is a no brainer. I think the depot will be retained as there are a large amount of services which moving them all to Rochdale well, there won't be enough space. Moving some to Burnley and Blackburn. I don't think there will be few enough services to move the rest to Rochdale. At the end of the day all we can all do is speculate. None of us know what is going on until Transdev confirm either way.

RE: Rossendalebus - Neukit - 18/12/2017 21:10

(18/12/2017 19:40)iMarkeh Wrote:  Fair enough then. I didn't see that bit. I suppose as with any other bus company, it will depend on the cost of moving the depot and the cost of keeping the existing one. People are speculating what services could move and if things can move to Burnley, Blackburn and Rochdale, it may be they need a smaller depot. No company will keep a depot when all routes can be moved elsewhere or some routes can be moved reducing the amount of space needed.

If rent costs can be reduced, they will be. It is a no brainer. I think the depot will be retained as there are a large amount of services which moving them all to Rochdale well, there won't be enough space. Moving some to Burnley and Blackburn. I don't think there will be few enough services to move the rest to Rochdale. At the end of the day all we can all do is speculate. None of us know what is going on until Transdev confirm either way.

You say all we can do is speculate, but you are choosing to ignore facts that have been provided in the media release regarding the agreement to sell the business!
The council ARE RETAINING THE DEPOT SITE AT HASLINGDEN, whilst Transdev will acquire and develop the Rochdale site and some staff and buses will transfer to their existing Burnley and Blackburn depots.
Which part of that is difficult to grasp?

RE: Rossendalebus - Quackdave - 18/12/2017 22:52

(18/12/2017 21:10)Neukit Wrote:  You say all we can do is speculate, but you are choosing to ignore facts that have been provided in the media release regarding the agreement to sell the business!
The council ARE RETAINING THE DEPOT SITE AT HASLINGDEN, whilst Transdev will acquire and develop the Rochdale site and some staff and buses will transfer to their existing Burnley and Blackburn depots.
Which part of that is difficult to grasp?

Well, none of that precludes the possibility that it might still be used by Transdev, does it? It says that the council are keeping the depot as a commercial investment - i.e. to make money from it. Well, given that it's currently a bus depot, surely the easiest way to make money out of it is to rent it out as a bus depot!

RE: Rossendalebus - M60lad - 19/12/2017 06:35

I wonder how soon after the take over we will see new ticket machies on Rosso vehicles as Transdev use the newer Wayfarer's on their vehicles whereas as we know Rosso use the older Ticketers?.

RE: Rossendalebus - Nicholas - 19/12/2017 06:38

(18/12/2017 22:52)Quackdave Wrote:  Well, none of that precludes the possibility that it might still be used by Transdev, does it? It says that the council are keeping the depot as a commercial investment - i.e. to make money from it. Well, given that it's currently a bus depot, surely the easiest way to make money out of it is to rent it out as a bus depot!

Exactly! The move to Rochdale will probably be for better efficienies, where routes in that area are being operated at least in part from Haslingden. Plus, with franchising very much looking like it is around the corner, expanding Rochdale could be a precursor to that.

Let's just wait and see.