Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Bus Tracking Website - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bus Tracking Website (/showthread.php?tid=1474)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Bus Tracking website - DVG526 - 08/10/2020 13:11

Anyone know what 18382 Lakes livery Trident is tracking as? Seen it out and about round Chester but it’s not showing on the map.

RE: Bus Tracking website - iMarkeh - 08/10/2020 14:59

(08/10/2020 07:59)T42 PVM Wrote:  I see Bus Times have changed, Now you have to search by places, operators, services or full UK postcodes, I preferred it in Area and List order.
I agree with you on that. I think my preference now would be for both to be in place. The big search is much better for people not familiar with the site and those who don't know where a route falls (IE Stagecoach Hull shows up as East Midlands not Yorkshire). The map/area selection was much better for people familiar with the site and want to jump between companies in an area.

(08/10/2020 13:11)DVG526 Wrote:  Anyone know what 18382 Lakes livery Trident is tracking as? Seen it out and about round Chester but it’s not showing on the map.
I don't think it's tracking at all on the map as when it was out on Blacons there was just a missing bus on the cycle which was clearly where the Trident was.

RE: Bus Tracking website - SF07 - 08/10/2020 19:46

(08/10/2020 07:59)T42 PVM Wrote:  I see Bus Times have changed, Now you have to search by places, operators, services or full UK postcodes, I preferred it in Area and List order.

Can still access the regions list by going straight to the link or by searching for a route, clicking on the timetable then the region.

https://bustimes.org/regions/NW

RE: Bus Tracking website - M60lad - 09/10/2020 06:21

There seems to be a problem with Stagecoach's Tridents and Bus Times at the moment as the Tridents that are back in service at Stagecoach Manchester don't show up on the tracker either, well they do show up in the fleet list but according to the fleet list they haven't been out since about March.

RE: Bus Tracking website - L401CJF - 09/10/2020 21:18

(09/10/2020 06:21)M60lad Wrote:  There seems to be a problem with Stagecoach's Tridents and Bus Times at the moment as the Tridents that are back in service at Stagecoach Manchester don't show up on the tracker either, well they do show up in the fleet list but according to the fleet list they haven't been out since about March.

Quite possibly had the AVL removed from the older vehicles (its usually in a black dome device somewhere near the ticket machine) if theyve been in storage and wernt looking likely to return to service , or could be that the ERG baseplate plus AVL setup have been removed when a bus has moved to another depot - usually "depot A" would remove their baseplate and AVL and all associated wiring then "depot B" would fit their baseplate and AVL equipment when it has transferred to them - quite likely theyve just fitted a baseplate rather than bother fitting the AVL equipment too, especially if its not staying long. Baseplates are a simple Pos Neg and sometimes Earth cable job whereas the AVL adds a lot more wiring into the mix.

EDIT - Anybody know if the tridents show up with live times on the Stagecoach app? If so then theyre AVL fitted, if not then AVL either isnt active/not fitted

RE: Bus Tracking website - iMarkeh - 14/10/2020 16:21

The gods are listening to you. An update to the home page means there is now area listings.

RE: Bus Tracking website - T42 PVM - 14/10/2020 16:22

(14/10/2020 16:21)iMarkeh Wrote:  The gods are listening to you. An update to the home page means there is now area listings.

Yea i noticed this morning, Much better now! There is also an update on how the Fleetlists are show, instead of a link at the bottom its now a tab at the top

RE: Bus Tracking website - iMarkeh - 14/10/2020 21:29

(14/10/2020 16:22)T42 PVM Wrote:  Yea i noticed this morning, Much better now! There is also an update on how the Fleetlists are show, instead of a link at the bottom its now a tab at the top
Fully agree.
Still getting used the vehicles tab at the top. Not much use to anyone except enthusiasts so we will see how that goes but the home page is much better.

RE: Bus Tracking Website - iMarkeh - 20/10/2020 02:57

Don't all scream at onces but Megabus looks to be properly on bustimes now. Megabus also has a coach tracker on their site https://coachtracker.uk.megabus.com/ (presumably where the data comes from).

RE: Bus Tracking Website - N531 DWM - 27/10/2020 17:26

Vehicles from Arriva Midlands (North) are back on the tracker after being off for a few months. Oswestry depot is looking good, previous missing routes seem to be showing now.