Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bus Depot Canteen (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Random and Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=1436)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - kuyoyo - 27/08/2012 14:08

(16/08/2012 12:13)kuyoyo Wrote:  My plans for the rest of the month:

Wednesday: Teesside Tripper
Friday: Working again, so same as this Friday/next Monday/next Friday

Additions to my plans for this week:

Tuesday (aka tomorrow): Teesside Tripper
Wednesday: Teesside Tripper (either Tuesday ot Wednesday will include a trip to Tees Valley Coach Travel's depot)
Thursday: Explorer, either to Whitby or South Shields
Firday: Working, so Teesside Tripper afterwards (catching a Stagecoach in Hartlepool 1 from work to Middlesbrough)
Saturday: Explorer to whichever I don't do on Thursday

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - W179 SCU - 27/08/2012 19:42

(27/08/2012 14:08)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(16/08/2012 12:13)kuyoyo Wrote:  My plans for the rest of the month:

Wednesday: Teesside Tripper
Friday: Working again, so same as this Friday/next Monday/next Friday

Additions to my plans for this week:

Tuesday (aka tomorrow): Teesside Tripper
Wednesday: Teesside Tripper (either Tuesday ot Wednesday will include a trip to Tees Valley Coach Travel's depot)
Thursday: Explorer, either to Whitby or South Shields
Firday: Working, so Teesside Tripper afterwards (catching a Stagecoach in Hartlepool 1 from work to Middlesbrough)
Saturday: Explorer to whichever I don't do on Thursday

My plans:

Tuesday: South Shields
Wednesday: Not sure, might just have a day at home, but if I don't, it'll just be either Newcastle, MetroCentre and/or Gateshead.
Thursday - Sunday?: I might go down to London for a few days, not just for buses, to explore there attractions (London Eye etc...)
Tuesday - Might go into Newcastle
Saturday - Probably go down to Sunderland.

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - Metroline1511 - 27/08/2012 22:37

I shall report my Leeds trip next time I come to DartSLF. To whet your appetite, I rode buses from First, Arriva, Transdev, CentreBus and TLC!

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - W179 SCU - 06/09/2012 19:22

Well, on Saturday I might make a trip to Sunderland!

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - kuyoyo - 06/09/2012 19:42

My plans for the next week or so are as followed (not including tomorrow):

Saturday: Explorer to Tyneside, including visits to South Shields, North Shields, Whitley Bay, Four Lane Ends, MetroCentre, Blaydon (possiably) and Newcastle City Centre
Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday: Teesside Trippers
Week Saturday: Either Explorer or maybe another Teesside day (depends on whether I get chance to visit Tees Valley Coach Travel during the week, if not then going on Saturday)

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - Jack - 13/09/2012 18:41

Anything I should look out for in Newcastle on Saturday that is different from last September?

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - kuyoyo - 13/09/2012 18:47

(13/09/2012 18:41)sumner Wrote:  Anything I should look out for in Newcastle on Saturday that is different from last September?

Very much so, as Saturday is the last day before the major Arriva Northumbria Network changes, which marks the end for the ex-Go North East Volvo B10B/Alexander Striders, what remains of the P-reg Northern Countries Palatine 2-bodied Volvo Olympians and a large number of MPDs. There's also the major Go North Eats fleet changes that have happened since then (the Citaro bendies, 'Diamond' Citaros, rebraned routes etc).

Stagecoach wise, there's the R-reg Dart SLFs and the X34-branded MANs.
My plans are as followed:

Tomorrow (Friday): Visit to South Shields, North Shields, Whitley Bay, Four Lane Ends and Newcastle, after certain targets
Saturday: Visit to Morpeth, Ashington and Blyth to get the soon-to-be-withdrawn Olympains, Stirders and MPDs (MPDs that I don't get tomorrow)

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - K853 MTJ - 13/09/2012 19:02

I'm off to Showbus this weekend, really looking forward to it! Next week I intend to get my backside out to Liverpool and Birkenhead, in need of a good solid day spotting, getting pictures of new Pulsars, have a general ride about!

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - W179 SCU - 13/09/2012 19:33

(13/09/2012 18:47)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(13/09/2012 18:41)sumner Wrote:  Anything I should look out for in Newcastle on Saturday that is different from last September?

Very much so, as Saturday is the last day before the major Arriva Northumbria Network changes, which marks the end for the ex-Go North East Volvo B10B/Alexander Striders, what remains of the P-reg Northern Countries Palatine 2-bodied Volvo Olympians and a large number of MPDs. There's also the major Go North Eats fleet changes that have happened since then (the Citaro bendies, 'Diamond' Citaros, rebraned routes etc).

Stagecoach wise, there's the R-reg Dart SLFs and the X34-branded MANs.
My plans are as followed:

Tomorrow (Friday): Visit to South Shields, North Shields, Whitley Bay, Four Lane Ends and Newcastle, after certain targets
Saturday: Visit to Morpeth, Ashington and Blyth to get the soon-to-be-withdrawn Olympains, Stirders and MPDs (MPDs that I don't get tomorrow)

My plans for Saturday could be a possible visit to Teesside or even might just stay local and go to Newcastle.

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - Jack - 13/09/2012 19:48

Thanks, lots to look for then! I'm up for the Great North Run so will be somewhere around Newcastle midday/afternoon on Saturday.