Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bus Depot Canteen (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Random and Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=1436)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - V671 DVU - 16/07/2012 14:58

That's what it seemed like to me, but whatever it is there's a strong smell on the bus after it's hit speed and slowed down again. Could just be me being picky, but that's what it seems like to me. The engine wasn't too bad though, and one thing I will give it is it's a fast bus.

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 18/07/2012 20:03

Today, me and my friend went to St Helens. The weather was nice and, overall, it was a good day! Here's how it went:

52 (ANW) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX59 FFV (3017)
This was a good journey. The bus sounded great and it didn't rattle much - it's one bus of its' type that doesn't suit being revved high on gear one, strangely! Anyway, the driver was fast and, again, it was a good ride.

(Me and my friend met up in Queen Square Bus Station.)

7 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Huyton Bus Station
Plaxton Pointer 2 X208 ANC (2208)
This was another good journey. The bus sounded great and the driver, despite him being a bit grumpy, was fast! The bus' interior, however, wasn't very good - one of the seats at the back was so dusty that it marked my hand when I touched it... There was no padding in my seat, however it was still quite comfortable - and there weren't many rattles on-board, either.

89 (ANW) - Huyton Bus Station > St Helens, Corporation Street
Renown X703 DBT (2703)
This was, again, another good journey! The driver was fast and the bus was excellent - it sounded very nice, although it felt a bit sluggish off the line. Its' interior was fine, however it wasn't entirely comfortable... Still, I barely ride on this type of bus, so I enjoyed it - something different!

E11 (Selwyns) - St Helens Bus Station > Ravenhead Retail Park
Tecnobus DE52 NXV (192)
This was the first time that we'd rode on one of these buses. Apart from the rattles on-board, it was a fun journey! We didn't have a clue where we were going, though, however the woman driver told us to get off in Ravenhead Retail Park and she told us that we weren't allowed to ride around on buses...

E11 (Selwyns) - Ravenhead Retail Park > St Helens Railway Station
Tecnobus DE52 NYY (195)
This was, again, a fun journey, however it was really awkward on-board - a bit too overcrowded... Also, the driver just expected us to know that we were at the last stop - he (rudely, in my opinion) sat there, looking in his mirror at us, waiting for us to get off... When we confronted him about the destination, he just said "Last stop"...

20 (ANW) - St Helens Bus Station > Earlestown Bus Station
Paladin 2 R48 XVM (1048)
I couldn't resist a ride on one of these machines, considering that they'll soon be gone! The driver was decent and polite (unlike the above two journeys...) and the bus was decent, too - it barely rattled and it was very fast!

20 (ANW) - Earlestown Bus Station > St Helens, Bickerstaffe Street
Paladin 2 R48 XVM (1048)
As we didn't know where we were, taking into consideration the late time, we decided to board 1048 again. The driver was very fast and a credit to St Helens depot, politeness-wise; again, a very enjoyable journey!

10 (ANW) - St Helens Bus Station > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX59 JZC (2987)
This was a fantastic journey! The bus sounded very, very nice and the driver was decent, again. The bus didn't rattle much, either.

(I left my friend on Sir Thomas Street in Liverpool.)

52 (ANW) - Liverpool, Sir Thomas Street > Netherton, St Monicas Drive
Pulsar CX58 EXH (2916)
This was a fine journey; both drivers were polite and fast. The bus sounded great and it didn't rattle much. The only issue was that I had to walk for a while to actually get home as the roundabout in Netherton was undergoing maintenance - buses were turning around at the St Monicas Drive turning point, annoyingly...

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - MPTE1955 - 18/07/2012 20:22

Just four from me today

7 ANW 2720, Dovecot/Dinas Lane - Liverpool City Centre, decent ride and picked up well, could do with a refurbishment inside and paint outside, not the worst one that Green Lane have though.

53 Stagecoach 34782 - Queen Square - Bootle Strand, not bad but not the best SC dart I have ever been one, bit of idle vibration when idle but overall not too bad.

47 ANW 3043 Bootle Stand - Queen Square, Nice tidy bus and picks up well, Pretty Good.

10A -ANW 2991 Queen Square - Dovecot/Dinas Lane, really quick bus with driver putting his foot down the whole way, good ride and not many rattles, one of the better pulsars.

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - V671 DVU - 19/07/2012 18:49

Had a trip out today to Liverpool, Birkenhead, West Derby, Old Swan and Huyton. This is what I rode:

6 Huyton to Liverpool (2203) - At that time, 2203 was the bus I rode last. I had it (on the exact same board, actually) on the 7 yesterday. Anyway, back to the bus! It was alright, the engine sounded quite nice and it wasn't too rattly. However, the Urban 90's were rubbing against the emergency exit causing some horrid rattles at times. Also, I sat in Edge Lane for about 15 minutes in (yet more Angry) roadworks.

472 Liverpool to Birkenhead (34255) - I was happy to see this turn up as I failed to track one of these down last Saturday. It was fantastic. The engine sounded tip top, with a lovely ZF whine. The driver thrashed it through the tunnel, and it made some wonderful noises! There were some minor idle vibrations, but nothing un-bearable.

2 Birkenhead to Liverpool (3007) - Fantastic. The driver, once again, thrashed it through the tunnel and gave the bus a chance to rev very high and kickdown regularly.

18 Liverpool to West Derby Road (2905) - Quite nice. The engine sounded fantastic, but sadly was kickdown free. The driver also didn't seem to want to get a move on.

68 West Derby Road to Green Lane depot (7672) - What a great bus! If you ignore the rattles and just listen to the engine, it sounds great but in an odd way. It was really fast, particularly off the line where it literally launched off the line. One of the better Marshalls.

68 Green Lane depot to West Derby Road (2231) - Another nice bus. The interior and exterior looked fantastic. It sounded quite nice, and rattles were to a minimum. Certainly Green Lane's gain!

18 West Derby Road to Liverpool (2672) - Yet another nice bus. It was quite fast, the engine sounded nice and rattles were to a minimum (a rarity for a Pulsar these days...)

437 Liverpool to Birkenhead (4417) - Quite nice. It was fast, sounded great and didn't rattle.

437 Birkenhead to Liverpool (4415) - Fantastic! The engine sounded really good, and managed to pick up speed quickly and rev really high. The bus was really fast and it hardly rattled.

8 Liverpool to Huyton (2216) - I originally intended to get 2215, but the idiot driver decided to avoid Queen Square due to him running late. Angry So, after waiting nearly an hour, I boarded the shed 2216. It was terrible, rattly, slow, loud brakes and the driver didn't seem to want to get a move on (despite the fact it was 20 minutes late by Dovecot, the fast part of the route...)

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - R311 WVR - 19/07/2012 18:57

As i break up tommorow, I inish at 1, So I'll be home at 2o Clock, I'll probably go to Crewe, Then Mabey down Road 4 - To see what's in the depot! Smile

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - R311 WVR - 20/07/2012 13:08

Iv'e Decided not to go out, Simply because i carn't be botherd!

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - V671 DVU - 20/07/2012 17:11

Had the usual trip out today, this is what I rode:

6 Huyton to Liverpool (2202) - What a shed. The rattles were un-bearable, with the whole bus rattling and shaking over the smallest of potholes. The engine sounded awful and the gears slipped, but it was quite fast.

472 Liverpool to Birkenhead (34254) - Quite nice. The engine sounded excellent, didn't sound as good as 34255 but still good. The driver was fast, and rattles were to a minimum.

2 Birkenhead to Liverpool (61514) - Excellent. The engine sounded fantastic, it held a good turn of speed through the tunnel and rattles were non-existent.

13 Liverpool to West Derby Road (7619) - Fantastic. The engine sounded fantastic, and it didn't half shift down West Derby Road. The only problem on this bus is the violent rattling, but to be honest the engine and speed sort of makes up for it.

68 West Derby Road to Green Lane depot (2236) - Awful. The engine was loud, the body was rattly and the brakes were awful.

68 Green Lane depot to West Derby Road (2217) - Not too bad. The engine was quite poor, but it wasn't as rattly as 2236 and the brakes were bearable.

18 West Derby Road to Liverpool (3072) - Quite nice. The engine sounded excellent, but it was quite rattly and the entire journey was ruined by an incredibly slow driver.

487 Liverpool to Birkenhead (2428) - Quite poor. It was slow, loud and rattly but the engine sounded quite nice.

2 Birkenhead to Liverpool (60119) - Fantastic! The bus sounded fantastic, and the driver certainly got a move on through the tunnel. Rattles were, once again, non-existent.

7 Liverpool to Huyton (2202) - I couldn't be bothered waiting 20 minutes for the 8 (yeah, the 8 turned short again -_-) so I boarded this heap again. Same as before, but interestingly it couldn't find its gears up Brownlow Hill and was constantly slipping.

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - R311 WVR - 20/07/2012 17:33

I Did pop out this aternoon, And rode on mainly the 29!

I'll post my ull day Rides, Including to/rom Middlewich to School

37 (ANW) Winsord Centre - Middlewich, St Micheals Way
ALX 400 4040/S240 JUA
Nice!, Not too many rattles, And it was ast!, Cometable too!

37 (ANW) Middlewich, Bull Ring - Winsord Centre
Palatine I 3360 P943 MKL
Sleepy Sleepy Horrible Bus!, Very Rattley, Sounded Very Ill, Including a turbo Leak!

29 (ANW) Winsord Centre - Grange Estate/Delamere Street
Palatine I 3349 R239 AEY
Seems to have got rattley now, Deinatly not one o my Best Buses any more!, Although it was Quick!

29 (ANW) Grange Estate - Winsord Centre
Centro 2614 CX56 CEN
Turbo Leak, But apart rom that, It was very nice!, Quite ast, And not very Rattely!

29 (ANW) Winsord Centre - Grange Estate/Delamere Street
Centro 2611 CX56 CE
Hmm...I Didnt really enjoy this ride, Mostly because o some youths at the back...The bus itsel was OK, Not very Rattely, Slow

29 (ANW) Grange Estate/Delamre Street - Winsord, Dingle Lane
Palatine I 3348 R238 AEY
Still sounds rather ill, Although it wasn't very Rattley, It was quite Slow

37 (ANW) Winsord, Dingle Lane - Station Road, Princes PH
Palatine II 3334 R334 WVR
I Like this bus, as well as the ride, The driver was very ast, And the Bus wasn't rattley (Much!)

37 (ANW) Station Road, Wharton Primary School - Winsord, Wetherspoons
Palatine 1 3360 P943 MKL
Same As above...

29 (ANW) Winsord Centre - Grange Estate
Centro 2618 CX56 CEY
Very rough, And a miserable Driver, Also Very load and Slow

Can sombody ix the missing Letters in this post please, The letter on the Computer Keyboard Between D And G Or in the Alphabet between E And G. Thanks Smile

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - W179 SCU - 20/07/2012 17:40

What is everyone's plans for the Airshow tomorrow?

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - V671 DVU - 21/07/2012 15:18

Had a slightly different trip today which included a visit to Liscard, this is what I rode:

6 Huyton to Liverpool (2718) - Yet again! The same as previous weeks, not too bad and not that good.

1 Liverpool to Birkenhead (61538) - Quite nice. It held an excellent turn of speed through the tunnel, and the body was as solid as a rock.

407 Birkenhead to Liverpool (4096) - Pretty poor. It rattled a fair bit, and was a tad on the sluggish side. Interestingly, it featured a fanbelt which constantly squealed making for quite an annoying ride.

18 Liverpool to West Derby Road (2576) - Quite nice. The engine sounded fantastic, and the body was quite solid. Shame it was let down by a slow driver!

68 West Derby Road to Green Lane depot (2231) - Same as the other day really, excellent! Although I did notice it has developed a very minor idle vibration.

68 Green Lane depot to West Derby Road (2237) - Not too bad. The engine sounded quite nice, but the rattles were close to unbearable at times.

18 West Derby Road to Belmont Road (2643) - Quite nice. The engine sounded fantastic (quite like a Commander actually!) and rattles were to a minimum.

27 Belmont Road to Liverpool (3050) - I had a bit of time to kill, so decided to ride the Belt into Liverpool. 3050 wasn't bad at all, despite the rattles the driver kept his foot down all the way and certainly got shifting on Scotty Road!

487 Liverpool to Birkenhead (2426) - Not too bad. The driver managed to get it to a decent speed through the tunnel, but the decent speed (about 45MPH) appeared to be as far as 2426 was getting as it was in top gear revving really high.

409 Birkenhead to Liscard (2404) - Quite nice. It rattled less than a fair lot of the refurbished examples i've rode in the past, and the engine sounded excellent. Shame we sat in traffic for ages and had to divert around a Council estate due to a police incident...

410 Liscard to Birkenhead (2459) - I originally intended to get a 432/3 back into Liverpool, but that wasn't going to happen due to the above incident. 2459 as a bus was quite poor, the rattles were horrid and the whole bus literally shook over the rougher parts of the route. But the driver made up for it all by planting his foot to the floor all the way, it was a truly excellent ride!

2 Birkenhead to Liverpool (3006) - Another excellent bus. Rattles were to a minimum (rare for a Pulsar!) and the driver got shifting through the tunnel.

8 Liverpool to Huyton (7657) - What a shed. The rattles were un-bearable over Prescot Road, I literally couldn't hear myself think! The engine wasn't too bad, and it was quite fast.